does what im experiencing sound like candida?? BRAIN FOG help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions does what im experiencing sound like candida?? BRAIN FOG help

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

arp23
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Hi everyone. First off thanks in advance because this site has already proved very helpful for me.

Three months ago to the day I woke up sick with what i could only assume was a sinus infection. It was diagnosed as such and I was put on 10 days of amoxicillin. When the symptoms didnt persist the doctor tried me on a round of medrol dose pack steroids, and an allergy medicine regimen as it was height allergy season. After that i still felt pressure in my face, had congestion, but above all had this cloudy feeling in my head. The doctors KEPT saying the brain fog was from sinus problems and I was put on 2 weeks of augmentin before leaving for a trip abroad for 6 weeks. That helped, but after I finished what was my second round of antibiotics I noticed my tongue was coated white (thrush). I was in Turkey at the time and the doctor was unable to prescribe me anything I needed. My sister met me in Amsterdam and brought lozenges for me from my home doctor that I started taking regularly. The thrush didnt go away.

When I got back to the states a new doctor said “oh thats not thrush, youre just sick” and prescribed me biaxin for 10 days. after flying my head felt terrible, so much pressure everywhere and we proceeded to get a CT scan of my sinuses. A different doctor read the results (i move around alot) and They turned out PERFECTLY FINE. my doctor has little to no advice as to where to go from there. recommended an eye or brain doctor. however, he did confirm i had thrush and put me on Nystatin for it for 2 weeks.

the 2 weeks of nystatin has passed and the tongue thrush is not gone. the facial pressure is gone but the brain fog is still there. i just dont feel apart of situations as much, like there is a haze in my brain 24/7, a little depressed, and i am constantly fatigued no matter how much sleep i get. i was afraid something was terribly wrong with my brain until i found this forum.

does this sound like candida??

1) The main thing I want to know is what is the best way to get tested to confirm it is, in fact, candida??? Or is this more of a self diagnosed disease. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated. I’ve seen people on this site that has suffered much longer than me and I feel for you guys, I would just love to nip this in the bud as much as possible.

2) What are tried and proved methods to get rid of this nightmare??

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t think you have candida overgrowth just based on brain fog by itself…brain fog is more related to your brain health. Something in your diet could be affecting this such as gluten, wheat, corn, gmo foods, etc. The best way to improve brain health from my experience is to heal it with fatty acids because your brain is largely made up of fat. Examples include flax oil and coconut oil…there are also a variety of supplements we can suggest that improve brain function as well such as E3AFA, super neurogen, PS-100, fermented cod liver oil, etc.

If you want a test for diagnosis that you can take at home, I would check out the candia 5 test which is $40.

-raster

arp23

I know brain fog alone wouldnt automatically mean candida, but could the combination of fog and the oral thrush that hasn’t subsided mean it could be this?

Thank you for the suggestions! So you think home tests are an okay way to test for it rather than seeing a doctor? I’ve seen a general practitioner, an ENT, and my next consideration was a holistic doctor.

raster
    Participant

Well, what do regular doctors do? Prescribe drugs, right? What drugs are there to treat candida? Antifungal drugs are the only drugs that do this and as you experienced, they may or may not work. So there isn’t many drugs to treat this unfortunately and thats why they don’t diagnose it in my opinion.

I would go to a naturopath or holistic doctor or a GI doctor.

Do you have rectal itching?

-raster

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Replies: 268

You’re making it sound as if doctors won’t diagnose something they’re not certain they can cure.

In my experience, that’s nonsense.

My doctor has told me a number of times that he could only try to help me, and that there was no certainty that his prescription would improve my condition. Sometimes he tried several medications before finding the one that helped. Other times he has only one medication to offer, he told me it was unsure whether it would help, and indeed it didn’t help.

My own father, a good friend’s mother – they had the same experience: their doctors told them honestly that there was no guaranteed cure.

I can attest that real doctors are honest about what they can and cannot do.

In addition, doctors do so much more than just prescribe some drugs and send you away. That may have been common practice in the 1960’s when a doctor was almost equal to God himself, but those times are long gone.

arp23

Rabelais –
    I wasn’t trying to say doctors wouldn’t diagnose it, it just seems like a lot of healing is done from personal action rather than prescribed medicine.

raster –
    No I don’t have rectal itching. I’m a female and have experienced discharge and my oral thrush is still present. I did a spit test this morning and the saliva showed the characteristics of candida.

thank you all for comments, much appreciated 🙂

raster
    Participant

Don’t diagnose youself with the spit test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6iryzPoBow

rabelais lives in a different country with a different medical system than here…

-raster

arp23

Very helpful video thank you. I’m going to get a blood or stool test done. In the interim I’m trying to eat “candida conscience-ly” and think I’m going to stop using my birth control..as I’ve read it doesn’t help when the body is trying to heal itself.

Rabelais
    Blocked

Hi arp23,

In my previous posting, I was addressing raster, not you. It was raster who seemed to say that doctors only diagnose things they can cure. Maybe she didn’t mean to say that, but that’s what I understood from her words. Sorry for letting it seem as if I addressed you instead of raster.

As raster said, the spit test is unreliable. You can read about that on this forum, and it’s explained in detail on this site.

I live in a different country indeed. We have a very good health system, and we are proud to have the world’s lowest rate of antibiotics prescriptions.

Rabelais

meliansil
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

My main symptoms are nasal congestion and (sometimes) brain fog. My tongue was also coated with a white film. My naturopath diagnosed with me candida overgrowth. She took a blood sample and was able to see under a microscope (and showed me) the amount of candida in my system. After doing the diet for a month she redid my blood test which showed a decrease of candida in my body; this coincided with improved symptoms. Unfortunately after that month I went back to eating chocolate croissants daily (along with many other no-no’s)so the problem has come back. If you’re able to see a naturopath it might be worth it.

Rabelais
    Blocked

I guess you are posting from your bed in the emergency room of a good hospital?

Candida in the bloodstream is directly life threatening. If you have candida circulating in your blood, you are terminally ill. You only have a few days to live, maybe two weeks if you’re unlucky.

Kculver
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 12

Some lady did a blood under microscope and said I have yeast / grey fungal in my blood. So I am getting real homeopathic doctor blood test results back Monday. Either way, I’m feeling like I’m dying. It’s been 2 months of a mystery illness – nausea fatigue body aches white tongue yeast patch on arm- and stool test said it was not in my GI. So here I am, waiting to see where it is. If not my blood, where? The mouth is very slightly white tongue.

I have been doing candida diet for 9 weeks and have done do terra gx assist and pre/probiotics… But slowly and half doses bc of terrible die off.. This homeopathic dr said yeast cells go into cyst mode to protect themselves from dying and it’s imperative that you go on candida diet for 3 months then off it for 1 month. Then back on for 3 months. Repeat as long as you need to. The 1 mo break tricks them into coming out to play.

I eat goat yogurt and have die off…. I can’t tell if I’m getting better or worse.

Rabelais
    Blocked

I can only react on those points where I have knowledge. It’s a pity I cannot cover your entire post, but I’d rather not comment about areas where my knowledge is simply lacking.

One thing I do have knowledge about is blood candidiases – that’s what you’re talking about. Blood candidiasis is a deadly illness that only occurs in the weakest of persons who, because they are so ill already, are generally already hospitalized for other reasons when they get blood candidiasis.

Whatever they tell you, blood candidiasis is a medical emergency that needs to be treated ASAP. If not, you might not make it to the end of the month.

This is the level of seriousness we’re talking about.

If you are not terminally ill, you very probably do not have blood candidiasis.

Kculver
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 12

It’s terrible that those live cell analysis exist then, waste of time. I will say, I have recently had my WBC checked and it’s abnormally low.. I am sick 5-6x times per year. That’s what scares me. Ugh. I am probably over reacting it’s just difficult when I have patches of information. Come Monday I’ll get the blood test results back. In the meantime I’m in bed.

Rabelais
    Blocked

I don’t know about live cell analysis. I guess it is identical, or very similar, to something that is marketed as LBA (life blood analysis) here in Europe.

LBA is proven nonsense.

I’m sorry if you’d rather not hear that, but that doesn’t change the facts.

Rabelais

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘does what im experiencing sound like candida?? BRAIN FOG help’ is closed to new replies.