Does rutabaga cause die off, or is it something else?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Does rutabaga cause die off, or is it something else?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

jackrackblack
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 12

Could it be that fact that Rutabaga has so much sugar in it that gives the reaction? I just ate some and it feels like my head is caving in. My vision is kind of blurry etc… Is that die off or was it too much sugar?

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

It is a very potent antifungal. You would have to eat like a half pound (edit: quarter kilo) of the stuff to get a dozen or so grams of sugar, I doubt that is the problem.

jackrackblack

impossible;53445 wrote: It is a very potent antifungal. You would have to eat like a half pound (edit: quarter kilo) of the stuff to get a dozen or so grams of sugar, I doubt that is the problem.

Sorry if this seems like s ridiculous question but what makes it a powerful antifungal?

impossible

Phytoalexins are inducible chemical defenses produced de novo by plants in response to diverse forms of stress, including microbial attack. Our search for phytoalexins from economically important crucifers lead us to examine rutabaga tubers (Brassica napus L. ssp. rapifera). Three new phytoalexins, named isalexin (9), brassicanate A (10), and rutalexin (11), were isolated together with five known phytoalexins, brassinin (4), 1-methoxybrassinin (5), spirobrassinin (13), brassicanal A (14), and brassilexin (15). The chemical structures of the new phytoalexins were proven by syntheses, and their biological activity against four plant pathogens were determined. Biosynthetic studies using tetra- and pentadeuterated precursors established that indolyl-3-acetaldoxime (22) and brassinin (4) are precursors of brassicanate A (10) and rutalexin (11) and that cyclobrassinin (23) is a biosynthetic precursor of rutalexin (11), whereas tryptamine (24) is not a precursor of rutabaga phytoalexins.

impossible

Got that? lol

jackrackblack

impossible;53448 wrote: Got that? lol

Yeah, I think. Did see anything about being an antifungal. Unless some of those names were names of fungi.

impossible

Phytoalexins are plant antimicrobial compounds. Plants have to deal with fungal overgrowth the same as we do so they have developed ways to protect themselves. We then use that to our advantage when we take natural antifungals. I dont know what all the phytoalexins are that rutabaga produces, that was all I could ever really find.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Rutabega is a very strong antifungal food and is one of the most antifungal foods there is out there.

-raster

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

raster;53455 wrote: Rutabega is a very strong antifungal food and is one of the most antifungal foods there is out there.

-raster

can we eat turnips with a similar outcome?

No one here at home eats rutabega, but they will eat turnips 🙂

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Vegan Catlady;53471 wrote:

Rutabega is a very strong antifungal food and is one of the most antifungal foods there is out there.

-raster

Turnips give me more die off than rutabaga when I eat them, not really sure why but i know the turnip and rutabaga are similar.

Vegan Catlady

Tdog333;53473 wrote:

-raster

Turnips give me more die off than rutabaga when I eat them, not really sure why but i know the turnip and rutabaga are similar.

THANK YOU !

Ya know whats weird?
    One side of my family cooks Polish, so I grew up eating cabbage.No issues.

before i got sick (or knew I was sick) I bought a purple cabbage to shred into salad.
    One bite and I felt my throat closing up and my heart racing.
    Now I know why! My candida must have been bad then.

Rutabega is a turnip spliced with cabbage I think 🙂

With that said, thanks for the heads-up!!!
    Im going to try some alone, and then maybe with carrots, just to see how we handle it.

Im learning every day how infected my whole family is. Everyone here has symptoms of candida… from either dandruff, to skin conditions, sore throats ,you name it.

I think candida overgrowth is way more prevalent than we think.

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

Carrots are quite high on the glycemic index.

Vegan Catlady

approximately_me;53604 wrote: Carrots are quite high on the glycemic index.

thanks, but I dont do low carb 🙂

I did the “glycemic index” thing for a few years in the late 90’s and believe it damaged my health pretty bad, so I dont subscribe to it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Does rutabaga cause die off, or is it something else?’ is closed to new replies.