Does it HAVE to be candida ? Please read

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Does it HAVE to be candida ? Please read

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PapaBizz 4 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

PapaBizz
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 13

Lets say ive been on a candida diet (strictly, no cheating) for 3 weeks, with only small improvements, but the negative things outweigh the positive ones.

I got the keto rash (which subsided when I re-interdouced carbs), I got cracked skin on my knuckles (not yet gone completely, but better), while the only positive thing was that the redness and the flakyness was reduced by 10%.

Im thinking, if I have oral thrush, seb derm on my scalp, around nosewings, MUST it be candida ? Or can it be a food sensitivity ? Incase of a food sensitivity, a elimination diet may be better off..

EthanT
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

It very well might be both, as Candida can lead to leaky gut and that can lead to food sensitivities.

I had an allergy test by Meridian Labs, where I tested positive for both Candida Albicans and multiple food sensitivities, which was indicative of Leaky Gut too.

I still want to take the one specific test for leaky gut.  The tests are a lot better these days (not perfect), but if you can afford it, can help get some insight what’s really going on in your gut, which helps honing in on the right treatment too.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

PapaBizz
    Participant

Hmm, intressting read, but I dont understand how I can test myself with that method ?

Btw, I noticed whenever I eat diary, I get gas and must go to the toilet the same day, but, lets say I avoid milk alone for 1 month, should my seb derm (candida problem) symptoms subside aswell ?

Or do I still have to go on a candida diet to kill of the yeast ?

Lizzzyb17
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

hi
    i apologize for jumping in the middle, i am new to the forum. i would recommend testing as i thought i was lactose intolerant for past 15 years and testing showed that was not the case. i was feeding the candida and that is why i reacted to dairy. i used a naturopath for my testing.
    on another note, i am between episodes of my candida war. i almost won last fall, and felt better than i can ever remember. but lately have been feeling really depressed about the whole thing. i have spent allot of money on supplements, and know that diet is key…but i just can’t find the motivation these days. any advice?

PapaBizz
    Participant

Well, I am a bodybuilder, so, going on a diet is pretty standard for me. But, since this is a speciall diet (yeast free / carb free), there are diffrent things to keep in mind.

One of them is for example, your health. You are doing this to better your health, to feel better, but the most important of them all, let your body get rid of the symptoms, so that It can function normally, and once youve won this kind of battle, you will be unbeatable, since this is a real battle.

I guess the real question is, do you care more about feeling better, or having that pizza that you are craving ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Does it HAVE to be candida ? Please read’ is closed to new replies.