Do the experts on here agree with doctors that candida is a condition of a weakned immune system?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Do the experts on here agree with doctors that candida is a condition of a weakned immune system?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ag750
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 9

Doctors tend to think that a candida outbreak can only occur if the immune system has been significantly impaired. I am pretty sure that the experts on this site disagree…some evidence would be much appreciated.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

ag750;39441 wrote: Doctors tend to think that a candida outbreak can only occur if the immune system has been significantly impaired. I am pretty sure that the experts on this site disagree…some evidence would be much appreciated.

The word ‘significantly’ is questionable, but otherwise this is true. The proof is seen partially in the fact that most people contract a Candida infestation following a few rounds of antibiotics, or perhaps several rounds of antibiotics over a period of many years. Antibiotics destroy the beneficial bacteria or flora which over time causes a compromised immunity to many pathogens, including bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

The connection between a Candida infestation and the immune dysfunction syndrome is Jorge’s forte. Here’s one of his post explaining
    the connection in detail. Balancing the immune system

Able

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

ag750;39441 wrote: Doctors tend to think that a candida outbreak can only occur if the immune system has been significantly impaired. I am pretty sure that the experts on this site disagree…some evidence would be much appreciated.

If by “outbreak” you mean the spread of yeast beyond your intestines to other internal organs, then you’re talking about candidemia, not candidiasis. Candidemia is when candida spreads beyond your intestines to your other internal organs, and is quite dangerous. This would only happen in people with severely compromised immune systems, like chemo patients and people with AIDS.

By and large, the people in this forum are discussing the battle against candidiasis, where the yeast has become overgrown in the intestines but is unable to infect the other internal organs.

ag750
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 9

Candida Sucks — if one has a headache and thinks it is beacause of candida does this mean that the candida has spread to the brain and is this a form of candidemia?

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

When my gallbladder was removed they said it was covered in “cholesterol” which I think was yeast. And my skin had severe rash when all my symptoms started, does this mean mine spread to those organs? Wouldn’t a person be severely sick if they had candidemia?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Please, stop speculating because it isn’t good for you. Neither the headache, nor any other neurologic symptom is caused by the yeast itself. No in the case of CRC.

No one here has candidemia neither candida attacking internal organs.

CRC isn’t about that. Nothing that you feel in remote areas is caused by the yeast itself. The only exception is when the yeast growth in mocosal areas such as vagina, tongue, skin, etc.

Jorge.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Yes I believe that this is so. You get your immune system working again and your body will take care of the rest.

cheers
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Yeast thrives in the mucousal membranes like dvjorge stated and this is basically your inner fluid system in the body. Candida can thrive in specific organs too but you will get specific symptoms. For instance, if it is in your kidneys you will get maybe a sexual organ related symptom. This is generally pretty uncommon but from my understanding does exist. Candida also thrives in your colon for most people.

-raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Do the experts on here agree with doctors that candida is a condition of a weakned immune system?’ is closed to new replies.