Do our brains still get well-fed when on the diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Do our brains still get well-fed when on the diet?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

SugarIsBad
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 28

Our brains need glucose, but we have to avoid it as much as possible since we have problems with Candida.

Do you all consider that fact that the brain needs glucose and try to give it to it or is it already obvious that it’ll always get the required amount without us thinking about it?

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Vegetables still have sugar in smaller amounts. The body can use fats/proteins to provide for the functions which require glucose, it can basically change them to what it needs. As long as you are not going ketogenic I think things are fine, personally I was worried about my carb intake for awhile and was below 50 every day and felt like crap. Once I raised it to around 150 I started feeling much better(with good foods of course).

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

How did you bring it upto 150g without cheating ? Most of the stuff we have in the diet is like 1 to 2 gram of Carbs per serving. I doubt that mine is over 25g/day.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Beat Candida;50810 wrote: How did you bring it upto 150g without cheating ? Most of the stuff we have in the diet is like 1 to 2 gram of Carbs per serving. I doubt that mine is over 25g/day.

oat bran, i have 1/2 cup at breakfast and 1/2 cup at night. I eat a TON of types of veggies, most have 6-7 G of carbs per serving and i have quite a few servings a day. You need to keep yourself out of ketosis. You can buy ketone test strips at cvs or a local pharmacy for a few bucks (under $10 i think. I would keep yourself between 50-75 if you are concerned but under 50 will definitely put you into ketosis.

I’ve been on the diet for 4-5 months though so I can add stuff in that someone who is just starting probably could not. But stuff like a bit of bob’s flax meal on my salads, etc adds up each day.

from able:
    During ketosis the primary ketone produced by the liver is acetoacetate. According to research studies, C. albicans can be completely killed by different methods in the absence of acetoacetate, but are protected by its presence. The answer is that the ketosis production of acetoacetate seems to protect Candida albicans.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This is exactly why you need carbs while on the diet and why its unsafe to limit them. If you look at the bread recipes, there are plenty of carbs found in the bread.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Do our brains still get well-fed when on the diet?’ is closed to new replies.