Do I start over?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Do I start over?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  eskimo_pup 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

I hate to be that person but i started on november 20th my current ‘successful’ test foods are kefir, coconut flour and greek yoghurt.

I cheated on and off around christmas and new year, pork, beef,potatoes,about 6 chocolate tarts and 3 chocolate truffles, 1 latte, 2 glasses champagne.

Now I was having problems before the cheat, when i started kefir i started to get some skin problems and very tight and itchy throat again. I figured this was die-off not a food intolerance because i have CFS i react very drastically to anything [chemicals, pharmaceuticals, allergic to flu vaccine].

Anyway i’m now thinking i made a mistake and should have put it down to food intolerance.

I will cut out the kefir and see if i improve but my megafood probiotics arrive tomorrow and i’m wondering if i should take them straight away or wait a week or 2?

At what point should i continue?

On the plus side much more motivated, itchy, bloated, cracked skin and woolly head will do that too you. D:

eskimo_pup

Any input?
    I’m taking calcium, magnesium, zinc
    HCI with pepsin
    vitamins a, c, d, d3, e
    milk thistle
    molybdenum
    coconut oil 5-7 tsps a day

I’m still not entirely convinced it isn’t die-off from the kefir it matches all the symptoms.

I will do 10 clear days with no kefir and see what happens, the probiotics arrived today I feel I should take them after the 10 days too or i’ll never get a clear result on the kefir.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would switch from kefir to regular probiotics and see if your skin problems improve. Just continue with the diet and no need to start over.

-raster

eskimo_pup

Thank you very much i’ll start tomorrow! I’m going to stop the coconut bread and yoghurt when they are finished too and reintroduce them as that seems sensible.

I’ll miss the bread and yoghurt but especially the kefir, i leave it to ferment till it separates
    and becomes really sour then it is like a yoghurt drink we have in my culture called Doogh. Really couldn’t get enough of it but i guess its my fault for not food testing more carefully.

Live and learn. D:

Help was much appreciated anyway. All the best.

eskimo_pup

I’ve been doing the probiotic pills for two days, 1 a day. So after just 2 pills i’m feeling very fuzzy in the head, brain fog and die-off symptoms have got noticeable stronger.

I will now switch to probiotics every other day as that seems to be the general practice on here.

I have CFS so already feel quite sick with similar symptoms and i’m all for a gentle gradual recovery. How much longer is it likely to take like this?

Thanks.

eskimo_pup

ok it’s the next day and i skipped my probiotic but i’m still feeling very zoned out in the afternoon, just completely spaced out.

I’m still taking 5 teaspoons of the coconut oil but is this normal or is it my cfs making me sensitive?

There was a thread called ‘die-off’ that i believe able900 answered and on the list he gave was milk thistle, chelated molybdenum, candidate and something else for the liver.

Anyway i think it was l-glutamine, does this also help with the liver? I’m so woozy i can’t remember and the thread seems to have vanished…

Just saw a thread where able recommends cutting down or stopping antifungals until die-off is under control via supplements so i will cut down to 2/3 tsp a day coconut oil.

Should i get pantothenic acid? also i stopped my kefir so should i get biotin? is it important right now?

O.K. I just realized i’ve misunderstood the dosing on my vit c and have only been taking 1000mg a day, so i will take this does 3 times a day and see if it helps…

Help appreciated as always,
    Thanks all.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Try to find NAC (N-Acetyl-Cysteine) there in the UK, this should help.
    You can take a lot more than 3000 mg a day of vitamin C, in fact, you can take 1000 mg about every hour to an hour and a half throughout the day to remove the toxins. Vitamin C is water soluble so it cannot cause problems in the body.

Candidate is made by Native Remedies and they sell it online, but I don’t know if they ship to the UK or not. Have you checked with Amazon UK to see if they sell it?

Able

eskimo_pup

Able900;32288 wrote: Try to find NAC (N-Acetyl-Cysteine) there in the UK, this should help.
    You can take a lot more than 3000 mg a day of vitamin C, in fact, you can take 1000 mg about every hour to an hour and a half throughout the day to remove the toxins. Vitamin C is water soluble so it cannot cause problems in the body.

Candidate is made by Native Remedies and they sell it online, but I don’t know if they ship to the UK or not. Have you checked with Amazon UK to see if they sell it?

Able

Yes NAC was what you recommended, i started browsing it on my amazon account but all that was in my amazon history when i looked yesterday was l-glutamine hence the confusion. Not sure here the thread was when i found it as it seems to have vanished but i’m happy i’ve found the information again thank you able.

Candidate is not on amazon uk sadly but i ordered the NAC for die-off and the l-glutamine for leaky gut.

I’ve run out of molybdenum so waiting on delivery, so no coconut oil or probiotic for me till it arrives.

eskimo_pup

My NAC and l-glutamine have arrived can someone give me an idea of dosage?

Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Take 500mg of L-glutamine with each meal. I’ve never taken NAC.

-raster

eskimo_pup

Mines a 1000mg not 500mg. I’ll follow your dosage though.

The nac says one or 2 times a day but so do all the molybdenum supplements and of course we need to take a lot more then that…

Thanks again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Do I start over?’ is closed to new replies.