Do any natural antifungals work for systemic candida like Diflucan does?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Do any natural antifungals work for systemic candida like Diflucan does?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lukey 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

bjh22
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 14

I’ve read that Diflucan is good for systemic candida – when it gets beyond your gut/intestines and into your blood.

Do all of the natural antifungals primarily target candida in the gut/intestines? Do any of them work for candida outside of the gut/intestines?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you have systematic candida then you’ll be fighting for your life in the hospital, so don’t think you have it…

-raster

bjh22
    Participant

raster;59087 wrote: If you have systematic candida then you’ll be fighting for your life in the hospital, so don’t think you have it…

-raster

I thought I had systemic candida b/c I have a leaky gut which allowed it to get into my bloodstream and cause sinus issues, etc. Is that not true? Will taking natural antifungals that target candida within the gut/intestines help with these symptoms as compared to taking a drug like Diflucan that gets into the bloodstream?

raster
    Participant

Leaky gut and systematic candida are not the same thing…

What you have is called candida related complex (CRC). Diflucan may or may not work, it doesn’t work for everyone. There is one more antifungal drug called nystatin that is more popular. These are the only western medicines that may work.

-raster

bjh22
    Participant

raster;59117 wrote: Leaky gut and systematic candida are not the same thing…

What you have is called candida related complex (CRC). Diflucan may or may not work, it doesn’t work for everyone. There is one more antifungal drug called nystatin that is more popular. These are the only western medicines that may work.

-raster

I’m taking diflucan and nystatin but my prescriptions are about to end (dr. would only prescribe diflucan for 2 weeks and nystatin for 1 month). Do any of the natural antifungals work as good for CRC?

raster
    Participant

Yes, there are a variety that work pretty good. The ones that disrupt biofilms the best are fatty acids. There are a variety of fatty acids, but the most popular include SF722, fermented cod liver oil, coconut oil, and royal jelly.

The regular oils work well for destroying candida but not in the long term because candida will adapt to them.

-raster

Lukey
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

raster;59122 wrote: Yes, there are a variety that work pretty good. The ones that disrupt biofilms the best are fatty acids. There are a variety of fatty acids, but the most popular include SF722, fermented cod liver oil, coconut oil, and royal jelly.

The regular oils work well for destroying candida but not in the long term because candida will adapt to them.

-raster

I think I’d add Monolaurin and Lauricidin to that list, both are concentrated derivatives of coconut oil and more powerful than coconut oil and are very good anti virals, as is oil of oregano.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Do any natural antifungals work for systemic candida like Diflucan does?’ is closed to new replies.