Discouraged and Disappointed

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Discouraged and Disappointed

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  healingmyself 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

JET
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 4

It has now been 55 days since being on this diet. Absolutely nothing has changed. Every Candida symptom I had before, I still have. My energy is no better than it was before this diet. I still have white on my tongue and an immense appetite for sugar. The thing is…I have been PERFECT on this diet. I mean perfect. I have never been more proud of myself. I am so disappointed this hasn’t worked for me.

Today was an emotional day and I wound up eating a package of freeze dried banana chips from Trader Joes (300 calories, 60g of sugar, 0 fat).

I would love some advice, sympathy, encouragement, and similar stories. Thanks!

texan
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 40

Are you sure that you have Candida? Did you get a stool test, were there any obvious symptoms?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The supplements are the x-factor to get better, not the diet by itself. I recommend professional advice to get better because its hard to treat yourself.

-raster

FishaOfMen
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 29

A lot of people here do one or two antifungals. SF722 is a really popular one. I believe 5 capsules, 3 times a day is the most anyone talks about taking. Start small and increase slowly. They say not to switch antifungals.

HMF Neuro is a popular probiotic. MegaFoods MegaFlora is also taken by many. Once again, start small and increase slowly.

Detoxing is of absolute importance. I take super hot baths every other day and sweat the toxins out. Others get in saunas. These aren’t without risk. Educate yourself. I take baths that only immerse a portion of my body so as to keep my reproductive organs away from the heat. Along with baths, there are lots of good detox supplements. Milk thistle and nettle tea leaf are popular. Molybdenum is popular too but has drawbacks. It binds to minerals, some of which your body may need. I take it and hope I don’t pay the piper later for it.

When it comes to the diet, there are many. I didn’t see major changes until I started the strict stage 1 diet.

Read, read, read. The popular posts thread, which sits at the top of the forum, is a very good start.

JET
    Participant

Thanks everyone! I am meeting with a holistic doctor tomorrow to sort out if I actually do have a Candida problem and if so, what supplements I need to be taking.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If your diet isn’t strict enough its also hard to get better. I ate a lot of dairy and pork starting out and these are big no no’s for diet.

-raster

hypnosandra
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

I experienced a protein deprivation crash on day 4 of the detox. Be extra careful that you’re not not trying to be your daily superperson while you’re detoxing. 10hr shifts and a full load of college coursework on top of all the running around to manage a household takes a great deal of energy. You’ve got to take special care avoid overdoing it!

orangestar
    Participant
    Replies: 7

Keep moving through it. I always think of “health journey” and come back to what is this path teaching me on a deeper level. Sounds like you are getting some outside help now, which is good and something I was often stubborn to get myself. With the wonder of the Internet it can be so easy to take your health into your own hands (which is great) but it does need to be balanced by outside perspectives from time to time. Hope you got some good info from the holistic doctor.

orangestar

JET
    Participant

Like I said in my post, I have been perfect with this diet.

JET
    Participant

I experienced a protein deprivation crash on day 4 of the detox. Be extra careful that you’re not not trying to be your daily superperson while you’re detoxing. 10hr shifts and a full load of college coursework on top of all the running around to manage a household takes a great deal of energy. You’ve got to take special care avoid overdoing it!

What??

JET
    Participant

Like I said in my post, I have been perfect with this diet.

Like I said in my post, I have been perfect with this diet. I havent eaten pork a day in my life and I havent had any dairy since being on this diet with the exception of goat’s milk yogurt maybe 2-3 times.

rtejeda
    Participant
    Replies: 8

Have you looked into parasitic infections. If you have a parasitic infection which usually goes hand in hand with candida then you won’t feel any better until you remove the parasites as well as the candida. This was my issue for a while. Now candida is finally clearing up. Also go on a low sugar diet and eat foods like coconuts and avacados to maintain weight. These both don’t feed candida.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

Unfortunately, the theory not always work in practice. It is important to find success stories and understand what works in practice.

hypnosandra
    Participant
    Replies: 9

I work at a hospital. 10 hr shifts. And I’m working towards a degree. I got the “Ultimate Candida Diet” series. She says to take it easy during the Phase 1 Detox week, but the guidelines she laid out leave you eating two eggs per day – not enough protein by a long shot. I crashed by Day 4. Severe confusion, barely able to stand, flu-like aches and pains all over my body. I had prepared weeks in advance to avoid die-off, as recommended, tapering off of much of the problem foods and essentially eating a Phase 2 diet during a full 2 wks prior to doing Phase 1. When I had my collapse, I spoke with a friend about it, who suggested that the lack of protein could be the culprit. I looked it up. That’s what kicked my butt. That’s why I caution that You’re best off cutting your workload altogether, if possible, during the detox week. And eat Nuts & seeds! Grapefruit seed extract is not expensive, but it can be hard to find in some areas… spray the nuts with that (diluted with water) and let them sit for an hour to kill any molds that may be on the surface. Adequate protein and reduced workload are the best bet for getting through that phase!

oasispj
    Participant
    Replies: 5

To be fair I have known about the diet and had a go a few times. I have learnt that even this site has the diet wrong. You can’t eat anything other than veg, eggs, meat and water, nothing else. No starch veggies, no tomatoes, no nuts, just what I listed.

Do this for a month and see how you are. Take various anti fungals like grapefruit seed extract, oregano oil and lots of fresh garlic and herbs with meals.

I’m a week in to my last attempt and doing as I say, as I have done little cheats in the past doesn’t mix.

Good luck

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Discouraged and Disappointed’ is closed to new replies.