Digestive Enzyme advise

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Digestive Enzyme advise

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

nigol
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 8

I was told i needed HCL as a digestive enzyme, how much do i need and should i take them seperately? I was also recommended something called pr-gest, should i take 2 pills with every meal or more? When i started taking it it changed my stool into darker brown from really light brown and more solid than before. Ive also been taking coconut oil, garlic capsule, apple vingar, but these i dont know if they have any effects or not, my main goal is to stop bloating and flatulence. Ive found prune juice to be effective against flatulence, would such a fruit be considered bad to have out of diet that is?

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I can’t answer your questions about digestive enzymes. Most of us on this forum take digestive bitters.

I just wanted to say that you need to stop drinking prune juice, fruit is something that will only continue to feed the candida. Your gas is a symptom of the candida, kill the candida and it will be gone. If you continue to treat the symptoms and not the cause then you will be making zero progress in your health.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I take something like protest and bitters also. I’m still bloated regardless and have 1 to 2 BM a day with undifested food still. So I have a long way to go still. But getting better

nigol
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 8

Can you guys recommend me a bitter to go with pro-gest?

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

It’s not necessary to take bitters and digestive enzymes both. They do the same thing for your digestion.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You only need to take either enzymes or bitters but not both. The enzyme product I have suggested is pro-gest and you take one capsule per meal 3x per day.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Digestive enzymes that are needed by human beings are broken down into four categories.

• Proteolytic Enzymes: split proteins to amino acids
    • Lipolytic Enzymes: split fats to fatty acids and glycerol
    • Amylolytic Enzymes: split carbohydrate and starch to simple sugars
    • Nucleolytic Enzymes: split nucleic acids to nucleotides

When you take an enzyme supplement like Pro-Gest, you’re only obtaining the enzymes that are listed on the label, and in some cases these enzymes aren’t even natural to the human body. When you allow you body to make its own enzymes through the process of stimulation, you’re obtaining the enzymes that your body needs.

The other problem with taking an enzyme supplement is that it’s literally replacement enzyme therapy. If you stop the therapy, you stop the flow of enzymes. This is no way to teach your body to make its own enzymes. But when you use a substance that is capable of stimulating the body to make its own enzymes, it allows your body to do the work itself and not rely on another source. When you start replacing a substance that the body is capable of making on its own, this causes the body to become more and more dependant on the synthetic replacement.

There are no enzymes in digestive bitters, but when the bitters activate the vagus nerve on the back of the tongue it begins the production of pancreatic enzymes – among many other functions. When this bitter taste hits the back of the tongue it sets off a chain reaction of events that leads to a boost in general digestive function.

The simple stimulation of the bitter taste buds (vagus nerve) initiates the functions shown below:

Starts the production of a peptide hormone that stimulates secretion of gastric acid in the stomach.

Increases production of digestive enzymes from the pancreas, liver, and duodenum.

Starts a detoxification action of the liver.

Increases the flow of bile that’s important for fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E, and K. This action also helps to maintain good cholesterol levels.

Has a regulatory effect on pancreatic hormonal secretions

Facilitates repair of the intestinal walls.

In addition bitters can cure or lessen bloating, flatulence, constipation, indigestion, nausea, and heartburn.

Able

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

So Able, if that’s the case, does that mean that the body will eventually learn to create the enzymes on its own, or will we always have to take bitters?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Digestive Enzyme advise’ is closed to new replies.