Diet is going well until…boom…I got daring and tried some sugary cake…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Diet is going well until…boom…I got daring and tried some sugary cake…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  impossible 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

I’ve been on the diet since August and its been going well. Feeling increasingly better.
    So I’ve been adding some foods back in there: carrot, nuts … just taking it easy.

I decided to “push the boat out” a little and try some more troublesome foods. Chick-Fil-A chicken tenders went OK, but felt slightly fatigued afterwards. I think deep fried stuff is a little hard on me.
    Then on Sunday I tried some of my wife’s inviting carrot cake. Boom! Fatigue 25 mins later, lightheadedness. Feelings I’ve not had since August.

I guess this proves I’m not there yet. I’ve recovered now but it was just a sign for me.

My question is that, if I am experiencing an effect 20 minutes later from the food, does that indicate that the candida is in the upper intenstine. I imagine that it would not have gotten lower. I wonder when sugar gets into the bloodstream too?

I’ve started the S.Boulardii yesterday and getting my Methylation cycle tested out. So things are progressing. I’m hoping I’m near a breakthrough.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

It’s a bit weird to get a reaction from carrots if you are almost 6 months in the diet.
    Do you take probiotics?
    Also, don’t do two things at the same time. Do the S. Boulardii now for a few weeks, and then try to eat more.

Bansaw
    Participant

TheChosenOne;51540 wrote: It’s a bit weird to get a reaction from carrots if you are almost 6 months in the diet.
    Do you take probiotics?
    Also, don’t do two things at the same time. Do the S. Boulardii now for a few weeks, and then try to eat more.

Carrots are great. The reaction came from the deep-fried chicken and the sugary cake. I even avoided the icing but it still hit me.

I just tried my first Kombucha tonight. It was really nice. The woman who prepared it for me, I don’t think fermented it long enough as it was mildly sweet. So, I’ll ferment mine more and get it more “vinegary”. Someone said a Ph of 3 is a good level. Still, I was surprised at how nice it was.

GK
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 19

I’m guessing its probably the sugar…….same thing happened to me when i just took a small sip of tea with sugar….brain fog in just 2 mins…bang. Although I’ve been on the diet just 3 weeks. Was surprised how fast the yeast acted.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Getting a food reaction 20 mins later does not have anything to do with your upper intestine. It is more closely related to your liver. When you consume food, your liver and kidneys work to pull out the toxins so that they don’t damage the body. If they have to work extra hard, then you will feel bad typically. If you were to take something that supports your liver, you usually almost always feel 100% better (from my experience).

From my experience, the best way to get over cheating episodes is to support your liver, stay hydrated, and to make sure your digestion is as smooth as possible. If you even become slightly constipated, then you will typically feel bad for a few days (for a typical person) because your liver has to detox the toxins from your tasty treat for a few days extra.

If candida lived in your bloodstream you would have candiasis and you would be at a hospital fighting for your life.

-raster

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Bansaw;51539 wrote:
    I’ve been on the diet since August and its been going well. Feeling increasingly better.
    So I’ve been adding some foods back in there: carrot, nuts … just taking it easy.

I decided to “push the boat out” a little and try some more troublesome foods. Chick-Fil-A chicken tenders went OK, but felt slightly fatigued afterwards. I think deep fried stuff is a little hard on me.
    Then on Sunday I tried some of my wife’s inviting carrot cake. Boom! Fatigue 25 mins later, lightheadedness. Feelings I’ve not had since August.

I guess this proves I’m not there yet. I’ve recovered now but it was just a sign for me.

My question is that, if I am experiencing an effect 20 minutes later from the food, does that indicate that the candida is in the upper intenstine. I imagine that it would not have gotten lower. I wonder when sugar gets into the bloodstream too?

I’ve started the S.Boulardii yesterday and getting my Methylation cycle tested out. So things are progressing. I’m hoping I’m near a breakthrough.

Sounds more like a hypersensitive reaction to wheat. I personally would be willing to bet on it.

impossible

GK;51561 wrote: I’m guessing its probably the sugar…….same thing happened to me when i just took a small sip of tea with sugar….brain fog in just 2 mins…bang. Although I’ve been on the diet just 3 weeks. Was surprised how fast the yeast acted.

Yeast itself cant do anything that would have that effect on the body that fast from that small amount of sugar. That reaction was something else entirely. A small rise in yeast can trigger a hypersensitive reaction which would cause that, thats about the only way that could be yeast related. SO MANY people confuse immune reactions to food/supplements/whatever with yeast.

Bansaw
    Participant

impossible;51567 wrote:

Sounds more like a hypersensitive reaction to wheat. I personally would be willing to bet on it.

I get exactly the same reaction when I have ice cream in the past. Ice cream really kicks me hard. ABout 20 mins after having it, its like I’m drunk almost. Very fatigued and fuzzy headed.
    If I had to choose number one food that kicks me the most, its ice cream.

I should add that I caught Endemic Typhus (Rickettsia Mooseri) in Africa and have undergone a heavy antibiotic treatment about 18 months ago. Rickettsia is a bacterial infection. So its anybodys guess if the reaction is from the Candida or the Rickettsia. I think its a sugar reaction but I’m not sure. And whether its from my liver or not, again, I’m guessing.

impossible

Well, a challenge test would tell for sure. But carrots are a high sugar food.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Diet is going well until…boom…I got daring and tried some sugary cake…’ is closed to new replies.