Die Off, when does it typically occur?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Die Off, when does it typically occur?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kodaz2005 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

I did the initial detox and including the diet have about 3 weeks on both. I haven’t experienced die off symptoms yet. Does it normally begin to happen within these first few weeks? Can it possibly take a couple of months or so to begin?

thanks,

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

My experience is that people say they get die-off almost right away, though in my case it took about 1 – 1 1/5 months before I felt anything. Then it hit me full force. It started one night early summer a couple of months ago. I had been taking a spoonful of coconut oil and a few drops Oil of Oregano. I got a very unpleasant pain in my stomach. And every time since then I get die-off consisting of pain, diarrhea, nausea, sometimes vomiting and the flu-like feeling, sometimes even suicidal thoughts (don’t know if anyone else experience a bad reaction on the psyche, but I do, it sounds harsh I know, but somehow you’ll get through it). But lately it has actually been much better! Hoping it will continue this way.

kodaz2005

Thanks Angor. This is the most difficult part of the diet. It makes it worse when you have to even question what your doing. I think the die off will be a very exciting confirmation for me.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello kodaz,

You will likely will not get much die-off if you follow the website’s diet or food list which contains items such as rice, fruit, high starch foods, etc. If you haven’t started taking an antifungal yet, this could also be a reason you experience no die-off.

Are you taking any antifungals yet?

Most people who experience die-off have minor liver damage, so if you don’t experience it, you either have a strong liver or don’t have a flora imbalance.

-raster

kodaz2005

Hi Raster, thanks for responding.

I actually had requested the strict diet from Able a few days ago.

I did the inital detox for 5 days and also did a water fast for 5.5 days, where I had nothing but pure water. I started the strict diet on Sunday. I did eat oat bran a couple of times, because I had recalled it was allowed from being on this website previously. I only realized after I got the strict list, that I wasn’t supposed to try it until after the 2 weeks on the strict diet.

I started the Anti-fungals of Coconut Oil & Garlic just a few days ago, but I figured with the strict diet and the detox I did, that I would experience some die off. So is it more likely it could take at least a few weeks?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you have candida overgrowth really bad, you should’ve had die-off within a half day of starting the diet. If you are doing rather good, I am unsure if you would ever experience die-off.

-raster

kodaz2005

raster;30953 wrote: If you have candida overgrowth really bad, you should’ve had die-off within a half day of starting the diet. If you are doing rather good, I am unsure if you would ever experience die-off.

-raster

Well actually after I upped my coconut oil and garlic a little more today, my stomach as been uncomfortable for the last 4 hours or so. I’m hoping this is the begining of the die off.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Die Off, when does it typically occur?’ is closed to new replies.