Die-Off Symptoms Worse Overnight?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Die-Off Symptoms Worse Overnight?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jureca 7 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

jureca
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 11

Hello all — I am new to this forum but would be glad to hear others’ experiences. Thanks for any replies! 🙂

I’ve been on the candida diet for one week on the advice of my dermatologist. I am also taking a number of supplements to support improved gut flora. I find my muscles and joints are aching terribly overnight. When I get up in the morning and move around, the pain mostly goes away. But then overnight, this awful pain returns.

I know muscle and joint pain are known die-off symptoms.
    However, are others experiencing these symptoms much more dramatically *overnight*?

Thank you! 🙂

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

Yes! I almost hating going to bed because I never knew what morning would have in store for me. I had profound morning sickness for months too. I still pop a milk thistle first thing in the morning with some hot ginger tea.

jureca

To “S.” — thank you for your reply! I can empathize. I avoid even turning over at night because my leg muscles feel like death when I do it.

I guess you take the milk thistle to support the liver’s efforts to process the toxins?

jureca

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to heal the liver as much as possible, or protect it, during the die-off period. The liver is what controls how toxic you feel from die-off. Milk thistle and molybdenum can reduce die-off because they protect the liver.

Here’s a post about it:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm9759_DieOff-Symptoms-and-Cure.aspx#post9759

-raster

jureca

Thank you, raster. I appreciate the link! My multivitamin has molybdenum but I will look into proper dosage. I’m also getting whopper headaches during the day so maybe that Native product is also a good one to consider. Anyway, thanks so much!

I’m still mystified, though, as to why different symptoms occur at different times of day. Night = muscle/joints; Day = headaches.

Trying to avoid Tylenol etc as the liver is clearly already BUSY! 🙂

jureca 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jureca wrote: I know muscle and joint pain are known die-off symptoms.

These can also be normal Candida overgrowth symptoms.

s.

Yes – Able is right. At my worst I also had such incredible pain in the bottoms of my feet. I would wake up in the morning and just ball wondering how in the hell I would make it through work when I was standing at the sink brushing my teeth and felt like I was standing on an iron grate but it was just the flat floor. My ankles would ache too. But I was unlucky – I didn’t know about milk thistle or moly then. I’m glad you do. Also – remember to drink plenty of water!!!! Headaches are a part of die off, but don’t forget to stay extra hydrated (just in case you’re not drinking enough – but you probably already are.) 🙂

I would get headaches that lasted for three days. And extreme back pain. I went a long time laying on a heating pad every night – or I couldn’t sleep.

jureca

Able — Thanks for the heads up. My achy muscles/joints started immediately when I began cleansing so I’m still thinking it’s die-off.

S — Thank you so much! 🙂 Are you feeling better now? I hope so! 🙂 I am drinking tons of water and still need to go out and get the milk thistle and moly… I used to take milk thistle regularly when I thought I was drinking a weeeee bit too much wine! 😉 Those days are gone now…gotta get rebalanced! Have a great day!

tareq
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

Hello Raster, I saw your shared post. This post can help anybody for Die Off Symptom Worse and it is very informative.

jureca

Just wanted to say thanks to those who replied to my original post, and also offer an update.

I’m ten days into the diet and the overnight die-off symptoms are starting to calm down. Still some muscle and joint discomfort overnight into morning but not nearly as painful as when I first posted.

Headaches continue during the day…sometimes crushing headaches like I have right now. I just now (finally) purchased Thisilyn (milk thistle) and Chelated Molybdenum based on advice I received here and elsewhere.

This is a great forum for learning and sharing. I appreciate any additional advice, and hope my post can help another person someday.

jureca

s.

jureca – sorry i didn’t write back right away. Yes, I am doing much better. Have not had the morning sickness or extreme pain for months now. I still am not all the way fixed – but I”m getting there. I have other issues too, not just candida. I’m so glad to hear you’re doing better. The pain of die-off can be awful and scary. I’m glad you’re sticking it out. 🙂

jureca

Dear S — thank you for your kind message! I am glad to hear you are feeling better too, bit by bit. I kept thinking of how painful you said standing on your feet was, and how awful that must have been especially at work!

I’m not giving up, and I am just starting to see skin problems clear up that have bothered me for at least six months. It’s an incentive to carry on! Best to you and thanks again! 🙂

jureca

Update — three weeks into the diet and supplement plan advised by my naturopathic MD/dermatologist.

Die-off symptoms are calming down. Much less joint and muscle pain, and less intense headaches, although they still come on in the afternoon.

I do credit the Thisilyn and Molybdenum with directly impacting the symptoms — or should I rephrase that: with helping my liver better manage the waste products from the dying yeast.

And even my MD/derm confirmed today that those two supplement additions were good choices.

Thanks to those who pointed me in a good direction (Able, Raster, Missiello, others)! Love this forum!

Best,
    “jureca”

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Die-Off Symptoms Worse Overnight?’ is closed to new replies.