Die-off symptoms or not with meat?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Die-off symptoms or not with meat?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vinci 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Vinci
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 39

Hi. I believe that I’ve had candida for quite some years now. My previous diet consisted quite heavily of meat, dairy, carbohydrates, sugar, alcohol and tobacco.

My symptoms consisted of IBS, fatigue, stress, emotional issues and an itchy anus.

Now, when I eat a diet consisting only of vegetables (non root or tuber), I generally feel a lot better (though I do get a lot of trapped wind and sharp stomach pains, which is likely a result of the veggies).

I began to introduce meat back into my diet. 1st day = red meat, 2nd = day turkey, 3rd day = salmon (all cooked plain with no oil). The next morning after these days (not as much after turkey), I felt absolutely rough. I couldn’t really function until later in the day. My anus started to itch again and I’ve noticed very small white strings down there (like little bits of toilet paper).

My instant reaction is to stay well away from meat as it is promoting the candida. Then I read all of this stuff about die-off symptoms and I wonder if the meat is killing off the candida and I should stick with it.

Has anyone experienced this personally themselves, and what was your solution if you fixed it? Many thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What you likely are experiencing is the meat feeding the candida. Beef takes longer to digest than other meats such as chicken and fish, and this can ferment in the gut causing ammonia production. Ammonia likely fed the candida which produced toxins that made you feel bad. I would avoid beef for awhile and eat only chicken and fish (or turkey). Avoid the beef and pork at all costs.

Check out the protocol:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

For the gas problem, I take a supplement called Zypan which completely reduced or elminated my gas problems.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hi Vinci,

Meat cannot kill candida. On the contrary it favors it. While being digested it releases ammonia, same poison that is released by candida. This is why it was suggested here on the forum to stay away from meat initially and later limit it to 2-3 times per week. Also, if you are going to have meat, try to have chicken or young fish as those contain less animal protein and therefore produce less of ammonia byproduct.

So basically I don’t think it was die-off but just an additional toxin that your body had to get rid of.

Arijana

Vinci

I haven’t had any meat for the last couple of days and starting to feel normal again. There is so much conflicting information on the internet that I really don’t know what to believe. I’d usually say trust my instinct, but if I did I’d be eating a bacon sandwich right now :).

Thanks for the info about meat protein and ammonia. After eating it I soon felt tired and the next day, like hell. Would it really have an effect so quickly? Should I be reducing my protein intake as much as possible? and where should I be getting my protein from? I’d rather not eat any meat or fish at all (I don’t feel positive afterwards), but I’m underweight and get cold very easily.

Also, can you guys testify to that diet (in the link) – Have you done it yourself and did it cure you?

Thanks for your help here

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’ve done my own protocol that borrows from the forum’s protocol but I use different supplements prescribed to me by my naturopath. I didn’t do the cleanse and didn’t follow the strict timelines mentioned in the protocol. When I started out there wasn’t a protocol developed so I just made my own plan.

I am more or less symptom free after 11 months on the diet. My gluten and sugar allergies have dissappeared and no longer have a very bad leaky gut. I cheat on the diet 1-2x per month now because I can handle it.

The protocol has healed others but we haven’t heard everyone’s story of success because often people don’t come back to the forum when they are healed.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Vinci wrote: I haven’t had any meat for the last couple of days and starting to feel normal again. There is so much conflicting information on the internet that I really don’t know what to believe. I’d usually say trust my instinct, but if I did I’d be eating a bacon sandwich right now :).

Thanks for the info about meat protein and ammonia. After eating it I soon felt tired and the next day, like hell. Would it really have an effect so quickly? Should I be reducing my protein intake as much as possible? and where should I be getting my protein from? I’d rather not eat any meat or fish at all (I don’t feel positive afterwards), but I’m underweight and get cold very easily.

Also, can you guys testify to that diet (in the link) – Have you done it yourself and did it cure you?

Thanks for your help here

At the beginning of the treatment you rely mostly on eggs for protein. Also, once you are able to take kefir (strongly suggest home made) and yoghurt, there is protein there. If you eat meat (which is suggested not more two to three times per week initially), choose organic chicken and young fish which is not contaminated much with toxins such as mercury. Sardines, herring or salmon are good choices for fish. Search the forum, Able posted a list of fish and mercury levels somewhere, that could give you more choices. Later when you are able to test some grains, such as millet or buckwheat, this will offer some protein as well.

Hope this helps.

Arijana

Vinci

Thanks a lot for your advice. I’m going to start a diary on the forum. Looking forward to getting back to full health.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Die-off symptoms or not with meat?’ is closed to new replies.