Die Off Symptoms

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Die Off Symptoms

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

scottishgirl
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 14

I had bad die-off symptoms at the weekend, then they went away for a couple of days, but now they’re back again and I’m wondering why. How come they got better but got worse again?
    I’m so depressed.
    Can someone please help me?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

They come and go depending on a variety of factors; how much antifungals you used, how much probiotics you used, what you eat, how quickly you detox, how much sleep you get, diet, etc.

-Raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

scottishgirl wrote: I had bad die-off symptoms at the weekend, then they went away for a couple of days, but now they’re back again and I’m wondering why. How come they got better but got worse again?
    Can someone please help me?
    Thanks

It doesn’t mean you got worse. I have had die-off during 3 years coming and going.
    It all depends of the diet, antifungals, immune system, etc.
    Jorge.

scottishgirl

I haven’t changed my diet or amount of antifungals or anything else though, not in the last few days anyway.

raster
    Participant

I wouldn’t worry too much, some days are better than others and this period of die-off should last for a few weeks. This is a good thing and means that you are on the road to recovery. It may not feel good but I look at it as a good thing.

-Raster

scottishgirl

A few WEEKS?! I was told from everyone else that it lasts between 1 and 7 days. Kill me now…

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

scottishgirl wrote: A few WEEKS?! I was told from everyone else that it lasts between 1 and 7 days. Kill me now…

SG, die-off isn’t a “good thing” and the goal of a good Candida diet should include avoiding die-off at all cost.

Read the short post below to learn how to prevent die-off.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1976_DieOff-Symptoms-and-Cure.aspx

Able

scottishgirl

I know it’s not a good thing. That’s why I’m saying kill me now.

I’ve tried milk thistle, but it didn’t help, and I tried getting molybdenum but it is illegal here in the UK because apparently it can be lethal in small doses. Also, my symptoms were getting better, so I didn’t think I needed help for it anymore, until now. The worst symptom, which got better but then got worse again is loose bowels. It makes me so anxious when it happens, and I already have an anxiety illness.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

scottishgirl wrote: I tried getting molybdenum but it is illegal here in the UK because apparently it can be lethal in small doses.

It’s available on Amazon UK and a lot of people are actually deficient in it (it’s a vital mineral). The RDA is somewhere around the dose recommended here if I remember rightly. Try checking the wiki.

raster
    Participant

As able mentioned in a seperate post; all anti-oxidants will help relieve you of die-off symptoms, molybdenum is one such anti-oxidant. It should be available at your local vitamin stores. There are other anti-oxidants you can get if it is not available.

Another way to reduce or completely eliminate die-off symptoms is to sweat out the toxins via the bodies largest organ, the skin. You can do this by doing a hot tub, steam room, jacuzzi, sauna, or even hot bath.

Die-off time periods can vary person to person. Mine lasted between 8 and 16 days, and I felt pretty bad the first 1.5 months in general. Afterwards I slowly started to get better. Poor thomas has had die-off for months and a few other forum members have had it for a long long time. The websites timelines are generally unsatisfactory because it takes a long time to recover from a cancerous health problem that has plagued many of us for years.

-Raster

scottishgirl

If you are at the stage of introducing new foods and you have symptoms again, how do you know if it’s the new food you just introduced or if it’s still die-off?

raster
    Participant

Food (allergic) reactions are different than die-off symptoms even though they feel similar. What did you introduce?

Relating to this, you shouldn’t be introducing any new foods other than whats on the allowed foods list (from the forum). Some forum members are allergic to foods on the allowed foods list as well because they have leaky gut.

-Raster

scottishgirl

I haven’t reintroduced any foods yet.

So it’s only if you’ve always been allergic to food that you should avoid it from now on? So there should be no bad reaction when I’m at the stage of reintroducing food, if I’m not allergic to it? I thought that if we added a new food into our diet too soon, there might be a bad reaction.

raster
    Participant

Yes, if you are allergic to any food item, avoid it if possible.

For instance I am still allergic to the following food ingredients:

1)sugar
    2)mold
    3)dairy
    4)alcohol and distilled foods (vinegar, soy, etc)
    5)grains

If I were to eat any of these food items, it’d set back my recovery. For instance, I recently cheated and ate chinese food. The salt, soy, and sugar really set me back and it was a mistake that I won’t make again for many weeks. Even though I have done the diet for 7 months, I still have leaky gut a little bit.

Morton’s table salt = dextrose (aka sugar)

-Raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

scottishgirl wrote: A few WEEKS?! I was told from everyone else that it lasts between 1 and 7 days. Kill me now…

I will tell you something regarding to die-off according to my own experience. I am a text book candida case (took Levaquin, Cipro, and Azytromicin two continue months with already candida present ) 6 months bed ridden, 8 months severe diarrhea, blurred vision around 1 year and a half, brain fog more than 8 months, and more.
    If you really have a severe candida case, you can not avoid die-off, take what you take. !!
    When I began, the diet alone was able to give me shakiness, hallucinations, delirium, etc. I couldn’t see my home main door from 8 foot away.
    If your die-off last one week you are very lucky, a very lucky one.
    Jorge.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Die Off Symptoms’ is closed to new replies.