Die Off? or Reaction to Small Amount of Sugar?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Die Off? or Reaction to Small Amount of Sugar?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  SRQ 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

yeahyeahyeah
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hiya All,

So I am on week two of the Candida Diet and yesterday was Thanksgiving Dinner. No turkey for us, and I managed to follow the diet more or less. I even stayed away from the mashed potatoes and ice cream during the feast!

But here is what happened: Yesterday for lunch I ended up eating about a half a small tub of plain yogurt (250g), w. shredded coconut and some xylitol. About an hour after I ate, I felt a bit nauseous and burpy from it, I thought probably from eating to much too fast. By dinner time I felt okay.

For the Thanksgiving dinner I had baked salmon, steamed brocolli and garden salad. I messed up a little bit with the salad, as it had tomatoes and carrots in it. Not a lot, but I probably ate about maybe 1/2 cup of tomatoes and a few pieces of carrots. There was also a teensy bit of maple syrup and vinegar in the dressing, but I mostly ate the salad plain, I only had one tbsp of dressing.

So last night, I felt horribly ill after dinner. I got chills, a BAAAAD headache, earache, it was so painful I couldn’t sleep, I went straight to bed and laid there for a long time feeling like I was going to throw up if I moved. Eventually after an hour or so I managed to get to sleep and I feel just great this morning.

I’ve been really good with following the diet, and I haven’t been getting any sugar cravings, I more ate the salad without thinking. Obviously it was something that I ate, but I don’t know if my illness was caused by the yogurt/coconut mixture (big dose of probiotic and antifungal) or if it was caused by the small amount of sugar I ate at dinner. Are these normal reactions? Just wondering if this was from die-off symptoms, or rather from the sugar, and candida coming out in full force to attack it and multiply?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This is a typical allergic reaction and it likely was from the sugar in the salad dressing. It should not set you back too much.

-raster

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

yeahyeahyeah wrote: …I ended up eating about a half a small tub of plain yogurt… Are these normal reactions? Just wondering if this was from die-off symptoms, or rather from the sugar, and candida coming out in full force to attack it and multiply?

Was it plain Greek yogurt? I’ve been on the diet for two months and each time I try to introduce plain Greek yogurt I have a reaction. It’s nothing as severe as what you described, but I’ve experienced a burning sensation on my tongue, achey muscles and fatigue. So, it could be the yogurt or as Raster pointed out, it could be the dressing. I’m to the point where I don’t even want to introduce a new food because a) it’s difficult to introduce slowly with just a couple of bites as recommended (I guess I’m so excited to eat something new I gobble it down) and b) I don’t know how I’ll react.

Sounds like you’re doing great, though…being vigilant about what you’re eating.

Happy belated Thanksgiving by the way.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Die Off? or Reaction to Small Amount of Sugar?’ is closed to new replies.