Die-off from Yogurt

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Die-off from Yogurt

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cheesey 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Has anyone ever had die-off from simply eating yogurt?

I thought it would be just a mild, healthy snack. However, when I eat it, I get the same reaction as I would if I had taken a probiotic supplement. I did go a bit overboard on it, and perhaps ate too much. The stuff I am eating is Rachel’s full-fat organic greek-style yoghurt (4.7 grams of sugar per 100ml).

My system is so sensitive right now! The smallest amounts of anti-yeast foods cause foamy urine and aching limbs.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

I made a batch of homemade yogurt last week, and I made it pretty strong from emptying some probiotic capsules in there. I ate it a couple times, and got die-off. I think it turned out more like kefir. However, this batch of yogurt I made this week turned out great. I didn’t make it too strong b/c I just wanted a breakfast treat, etc. Plus, it came out very creamy, the way I want it. I made home-made almond milk, soaked almonds, etc., of course first, which I think helped. Plus, this time, I did use a small amount of dairy, greek yogurt as my starter to make it better. I think it is the best batch, finally, got it down, that I have created so far.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It could be an allergic reaction instead of die-off.

-raster

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

I co-sign with Raster. Cheesey, it sounds like you have a gnarly infection along with a serious leaky gut (based upon other posts I’ve seen you submit). I wonder if you ever have done a food allergy test with a company called, “Immunolabs”? I have found they are one of the most accurate and in my personal experience avoiding those foods that shows up for them goes a LONG way in healing leaky gut.

All the best buddy.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Just to clarify, the symptoms are very similar between allergic reactions and die-off. There isn’t enough probiotics in the yogurt to cause die-off, its likely less than a billion cfu (maybe less than half a million). If it was homemade yogurt, this is a different story…

If you were to eat some wheat and feel the same way, it certainly isn’t die-off.

-raster

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

I’ve always wanted to be gnarly, but if it could be for doing a backflip or something rather than a candida infection that would be cool.

I just can’t differentiate between doing good and doing bad. I get similar (actually identical) reactions from lactobacillus GG probiotic my ND recommended (foamy urine, achey limbs). I also get the same thing from drinking kefir.

I’ll see about getting a food tolerance test done.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Die-off from Yogurt’ is closed to new replies.