die off from coconut?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions die off from coconut?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kara 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kara
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

I did treatment and diet in 2009 with a lot of success, but in trying to expand my diet the last couple of years I am sick again. I started the cleanse and diet on this site 3 weeks ago and am onto the strict diet now. I have been eating a lot of coconut for the past week and I am experiencing the itchy rash behind my neck that plagued me for so many years, and also vaginal yeast infection/itching, and feeling hot, then cold, and sweating, fatigue, body pain. Could this be die off from too much coconut? I made the coconut/almond balls, and the coconut flour bread, and have had quite a bit of this. I used xylitol in the coconut/almond balls as well. Aaarrgh! This illness is horrible, my family thinks I’m crazy and do not believe how sick I am, and my husband is getting tired of it. I feel like going away somewhere by myself so I don’t have to deal with people anymore. The symptoms are so intense and very debilitating, but no one believes me.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

kara;35647 wrote: I did treatment and diet in 2009 with a lot of success, but in trying to expand my diet the last couple of years I am sick again. I started the cleanse and diet on this site 3 weeks ago and am onto the strict diet now. I have been eating a lot of coconut for the past week and I am experiencing the itchy rash behind my neck that plagued me for so many years, and also vaginal yeast infection/itching, and feeling hot, then cold, and sweating, fatigue, body pain. Could this be die off from too much coconut? I made the coconut/almond balls, and the coconut flour bread, and have had quite a bit of this. I used xylitol in the coconut/almond balls as well.

The coconut oil itself can definitely cause die-off, so if you ate enough coconut at one time, it’s possible that it could cause some die-off effects. But I would think that this would need to be pure, raw coconut and not the flour.

The xylitol and almond balls aren’t helping your infestation. Did you get your diet from me? Neither of these two items are on the strict diet that most of the forum uses.

Able

kara

Thanks Able900 for your reply. I thought these two items were on the strict diet. I got the recipe for the coconut/almond balls and the coconut flour bread from the recipes section and they are supposed to be for stage two, and xylitol is supposed to ok for the candida diet, the info on xylitol is under the recipes section. There is quite a bit of coconut oil in both recipes and also shredded unsweetened coconut in the coconut/almond balls, and I did eat a lot of these.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I believe you are on a different stage than you should be. We follow different stages on the forum:

stage 0: detox/cleanse
    stage 1: long term anti-candida diet
    stage 2: for when you are symptom free and can tolerate more molds, starches, sugars
    stage 3: basically a healthy non-candida diet.

The xylitol also could be causing problems and we don’t recommend on the forum. Its a sugar alcohol.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

kara;35664 wrote: I thought these two items were on the strict diet. I got the recipe for the coconut/almond balls and the coconut flour bread from the recipes section and they are supposed to be for stage two, and xylitol is supposed to ok for the candida diet, the info on xylitol is under the recipes section. There is quite a bit of coconut oil in both recipes and also shredded unsweetened coconut in the coconut/almond balls, and I did eat a lot of these.

The forum’s protocol and diet are different from the website’s information; that’s why the discrepancies. You’ll see many more of these no doubt if you remain on the forum.

We have no control over what ingredients are in the recipes on the forum, people could be putting chocolate in their recipes, but that doesn’t mean it should be eaten on a ‘real’ Candida diet.

Able

kara

thanks Able, i didn’t realize there were different protocols, obviously the diet and treatment i am following isn’t helping me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘die off from coconut?’ is closed to new replies.