Did I just feed my candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Did I just feed my candida

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Summer
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 43

I made buckwheat tortillas yesterday and had a burrito that blew my mind and I was so excited. 🙂 this was approx 5pm.

Around 11 PM I start having horrible gas
    I wake up in the middle of the night with stomach cramps
    wake up in the morning with a slight headache and a little stuffiness in my nose (not too different then the last few mornings though.)

It’s Bob’s Red Mill whole grain buckwheat flour.
    Is this a no-no? Did I buy the wrong buckwheat?

Aside from the stomach ache, I also felt like this last week after a day of power working out which I also did yesterday?

Haven’t changed anything else.

Thoughts?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Is this the first time you’ve tried buckwheat? If so, this could be an allergic reaction to it. How much of the buckwheat did you actually eat?

Also, can you send us a link to the one you purchased?

Able

Summer

This is the first time I’ve tried buckwheat!
    I had about 1/2 cup worth!
    Here’s the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001HTE5FO

I have two more tortillas left that I made burritos with and froze. I’m going to avoid buckwheat for a week and see if I get the same reaction on Saturday unless you’d advise against!

Thanks able
    S-

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One immediate reaction you could get to anything that you allergic to is mucuous production. Did you experience any mucuous production after eating buckwheat? Did you experience any kind of “burn” symptom after eating buckwheat?

What else was in your burrito?

The gas could be from constipation and the cramps may not be related as well. I take a supplement called zypan which reduces or completely eliminates any gas problems.

Since you are still experiencing die-off symptoms, you may want to wait a few more weeks before trying buckwheat, it is up to you; but it could just be coincidence.

-raster

Summer

Able, raster,, you’re getting me through this, thanks as always!
    No immediate reaction of any kind!
    The burrito contained chicken, onions, bell peppers, salt and pepper, romain, avocado and a squeeze of lime juice and a ton of chipotle pepper ( I accidentally poured into too much) it was spicy!

Most mornings I wake up with a tiny bit of congestion that goes away immediately!
    I usually only get a burn after I drink lemon water or eat my salad dressing with lemon in it (sometimes).

is that buckwheat okay for the diet?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Summer wrote: is that buckwheat okay for the diet?

Summer;
    Buckwheat is alright as long as you receive “zero’ reactions to it. If you do receive a reaction, for whatever reason, you should avoid it for at least two weeks and then try it again.

The buckwheat you linked to is the one you should be using, but you may not be able to tolerate it just yet, everyone has different reactions to any food; this isn’t a bad thing necessarily, just a fact.

Able

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Did I just feed my candida’ is closed to new replies.