Detrimental effects of a continued low carbohydrate diet !!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Detrimental effects of a continued low carbohydrate diet !!!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sp1543 7 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19224658

Prebiotics are a must.
    Jorge

sp1543
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 57

Personally I have found that FOS is the worst thing to eat.
    It feeds the bad just as much as the good; so if you’ve got the bad in excess, then it’s not a good idea, imo.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Kyle wrote: Personally I have found that FOS is the worst thing to eat.
    It feeds the bad just as much as the good; so if you’ve got the bad in excess, then it’s not a good idea, imo.

Try Inulin. I don’t know if candida can feed with it, but probably not.
    Jorge.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Kyle wrote: Personally I have found that FOS is the worst thing to eat.

This is true. Prebiotics in general are all well and good, if not essential, for people with healthy guts, but may cause bloating and constipation in others and delay healing. I’m trying a diet low in fermentable fibre (still including lots of veg) since I’m one of the latter.

sp1543
    Participant

dvjorge wrote:

Personally I have found that FOS is the worst thing to eat.

Try Inulin. I don’t know if candida can feed with it, but probably not.
    Jorge.

I have infact, and apple pectin. (inulin was the worst by far!)

Inulin really gave me some terrible gas and bloating pain.

Psyllium Husk, on the other hand… Now that doesn’t give me gas so bad for some reason…
    I think it’s more ‘mucilage’ than FOS, but not too sure on the exact chemical breakdown.

Thanks,
    Kyle

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

Psyllium Husk can cause intestinal bleeding so it is not ideal for someone who has leaky gut syndrome.

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

Try Acacia Fibre I love it. I put it in my oat bran and it doesn’t alter the taste at all. Pure Prebiotic (feeds the beneficial bacteria) and lowers the GI of whatever you are eating. Inulin is also great, it is a prebiotic and has a similar texture and taste to sugar.

sp1543
    Participant

blakek89 wrote: Psyllium Husk can cause intestinal bleeding so it is not ideal for someone who has leaky gut syndrome.

Ya got some kind of reference to that Blake?

Thanks,
    Kyle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Detrimental effects of a continued low carbohydrate diet !!!’ is closed to new replies.