DESPERATE : Swab negative, probiotics and symptoms are still here

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions DESPERATE : Swab negative, probiotics and symptoms are still here

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  juisfish 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

juisfish
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

Hi,

I’m totally desperate, and I really hope that somebody would be able to help me.

I had, what I assumed, was my first yeast infection a month ago. I went to the pharmacy, told them my symptoms, had a 7 days treatment with vaginal suppositories, by the end of it, I had sex with my partner (BIG MISTAKE) and it came back. As I didn’t know what it was, I saw a doctor for 2 minutes (and 130 dollars, just saying !!), who didn’t give me the swab to do and just gave me an oral treatment for a week, and told me to double it if it wasn’t totally gone. So I did doubled it, as I was still feeling a discomfort.

After this second oral treatment, the burning sensation was bearable but still here. I went to see another doctor, who gave me the swab, and after a week, the results came back negative but my burning sensation is still here.

I gave up on doctors and went to a natural shop to get probiotics ovules for a week. I’m done with it now, and I still feel this really annoying discomfort. Not all the day, but most of it.

I DON’T KNOW if it’s normal or not, doctors here are totally lame about that. I haven’t had sex with my partner for 3 weeks now and been extremely careful with everything (underwear, lots of water and so on). In France, we have our partner tested/treated too as they can have the germ but not the symptoms in that situation , and surprise ! He asked for a swab too, and the doctors told him it doesn’t exist here in Canada (seriously ?!)

I don’t know what to do anymore, please please please, help me out.

Thanks a lot.

J.

tmi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 34

I’ve only had one yeast infection before too and I also self diagnosed it as well. However mine went away quickly after a 7 day treatment from the drugstore. If you’re not responding to the medication and the swab doesn’t indicate you have a yeast infection it could be something else. I would go back to the DR and get tested for other things.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider getting properly tested. I am unsure what these swab tests do and whether they actually test for candida or not. They might just test for yeast.

Check out these tests:
    http://www.candidaplan.com/store/Candida-Testing/

Sounds like your doctors don’t treat gut flora disorders…like most doctors.

-raster

juisfish

Thanks for your replies, I’m going to another clinic tomorrow. More specialized in gynecology and free.

Meanwhile, you don’t think that the flore is just taking a long time reequilibrating because of my 3 weeks treatment ? Because it’s “only” a discomfort but it got so much better than the first week…

Yeah, the second doctor, the one my boyfriend saw too to ask for a swab, told him that I was paranoid cause my swab was negative and so I was fine. Yeah, sure.

Thanks again,

J.

juisfish

Okay, here’s the update : swab negative again, everything looks normal, it was getting better and I got my period. Burn sensation is back. What should I do …?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

juisfish;42884 wrote: Okay, here’s the update : swab negative again, everything looks normal, it was getting better and I got my period. Burn sensation is back. What should I do …?

It will be negative a million of times. That isn’t the test you need. Chronic Atrophic Erythematous Candidiasis is a condition where the yeast lives deep inside the tissues and impossible to detect with a swab test. The infection you have is inside the cells no superficial, that is the reason of the permanent burning, redness, and inflammation.

Jorge.

This is what you have :

By Marjorie Crandall, Ph.D.

The typical woman with vulvar pain recently had yeast vaginitis and was treated with an antifungal for a short time. After her severe symptoms of itching and vaginal discharge resolved, she was left with vulvar redness and burning.

I propose that this residual inflammation can be due to yeasts remaining in vulvar and vaginal tissues.

During an active infection, yeasts invade underlying tissues and penetrate inside epithelial cells, where they stop growing, but continue to release yeast digestive enzymes and toxic metabolic products that cause chronic tissue irritation. I coined the phrase latent intracellular yeast infection for this condition.

This Article

The medical term for this low grade yeast infection is chronic atrophic erythematous candidiasis, in which atrophic means not feeding, not growing; and erythematous means red tissue. The textbook example is the red, burning gums of people with false teeth, called denture stomatitis. Such an inactive yeast infection can also account for the red, burning vulvas in women with vulvodynia or vulvar vestibulitis.

You are probably wondering how to diagnose this latent intracellular yeast infection. Since yeasts are in the tissues and not on the surface, vulvar and vaginal swabs will give negative results when tested by microscopy or culture. Furthermore, there are too few yeasts to show up in biopsies. Hence, the diagnosis of the red form of yeast infection is based strictly on clinical signs and symptoms, history of vaginal yeast infections, and risk factors that cause candidiasis.

The following treatments for vulvodynia are recommended in my Candida Information Packet (http://www.yeastconsulting.com/packet.html):

• long term, daily treatment with a systemic antifungal
    • hydrocortisone cream for vulvar burning
    • testing and treatment for Candida allergy
    • avoiding all risk factors for yeast infections such as antibiotics, estrogen, etc.
    • lifestyle changes to avoid contact dermatitis caused by spermicides, deodorants, etc.

Your recovery from vulvodynia after following all my recommendations will confirm your diagnosis of an inactive yeast infection.

juisfish

dvjorge;42934 wrote:

Okay, here’s the update : swab negative again, everything looks normal, it was getting better and I got my period. Burn sensation is back. What should I do …?

It will be negative a million of times. That isn’t the test you need. Chronic Atrophic Erythematous Candidiasis is a condition where the yeast lives deep inside the tissues and impossible to detect with a swab test. The infection you have is inside the cells no superficial, that is the reason of the permanent burning, redness, and inflammation.

Jorge.

Thanks for answering. But what should I do then ?

dvjorge
    Participant

juisfish;42935 wrote:

Jorge.

Thanks for answering. But what should I do then ?

Read what I added to my previous answer.

Jorge.

juisfish

Just read it, but I’d like that to have that confirmed before taking/buyng anything, especially cause it’s my first yeast infection so I don’t have a fragile past and the article is a pretty big deal. If the swabs will be negative, how can I be sure or what kind of test would prove that ?

dvjorge
    Participant

Read this thread :

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst5868_Please-help–Desperate–Vaginal-Burning.aspx

It was a case similar to your. I have helped hundreds of women with this condition in the past 4 years. I have joined Vulvodinia forums only to help since I am a man.

I know what you have. You need an scrapping and to see it under the microscope.

Jorge.

juisfish

dvjorge;42940 wrote: Read this thread :

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst5868_Please-help–Desperate–Vaginal-Burning.aspx

It was a case similar to your. I have helped hundreds of women with this condition in the past 4 years. I have joined Vulvodinia forums only to help since I am a man.

Jorge.

Thanks, I’m gonna call my clinic tomorrow and ask if they do that kind of tests…
    Is scraping and pap test the same thing ?

dvjorge
    Participant

juisfish;42945 wrote:

Read this thread :

Jorge.

Thanks, I’m gonna call my clinic tomorrow and ask if they do that kind of tests…
    Is scraping and pap test the same thing ?

No, they aren’t.

juisfish

No, they aren’t.

So what’s the difference between the two ?

dvjorge
    Participant

juisfish;42948 wrote:

No, they aren’t.

So what’s the difference between the two ?

Sorry, I am not a MD.

Jorge.

juisfish

Fair enough. Can a clinic do it or I have to go to the hospital or something specific ?

Thanks for your advice, I hope I’m finally gonna get rid of that …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘DESPERATE : Swab negative, probiotics and symptoms are still here’ is closed to new replies.