Desired/Tolerable amount of Chlorine??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Desired/Tolerable amount of Chlorine??

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nekotamo 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Nekotamo
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 38

Hello people!

I was drinking water from the store for about a month or more already and today I payed attention and have read “Hloridi, Cl-: 5.68 mg/l” and I was shocked to find that chloride is included in purchased water as well?!?! Could this actually have made things harder for my recovery process all this time?

Now this all might be my poor knowledge about chemistry and English language as well. On the bottle it says “Hloridi” which Google translates as “Chlorides”, but when I type “Cl -” in google I get Chlorine as the answer…WTH!?

So I was wondering, was I just making things worse with this water and what is a desired/tolerable amount of Chlorine in water used for drinking? Does anyone know the exact number?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Nekotamo;38954 wrote: I was drinking water from the store for about a month or more already and today I payed attention and have read “Hloridi, Cl-: 5.68 mg/l” and I was shocked to find that chloride is included in purchased water as well?!?! Could this actually have made things harder for my recovery process all this time?

Chlorine and chloride are not the same.
    Chlorine, being a highly reactive gas, is capable of oxidizing the anions of certain elements. It’s usually produced through the electrolysis of sodium chloride solutions and is mainly used as a disinfectant in water purification. This means that it kills bacteria with no differentiation between the bad and the beneficial bacteria.

Chloride is actually the second half of “sodium-chloride” or your basic table salt. It’s the result of chlorine oxidizing an electron from another element. So basically, chloride is the reduced form of chlorine. It’s found in natural water sources, most notably, sea water.

In my opinion, no amount of chlorine is acceptable for ingesting by a person with a Candida overgrowth who is trying to rebuild the flora in
    his intestines, however, what you have is chloride, which shouldn’t be a problem.

Able

Nekotamo
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 38

Thank you Able so much! You are very helpful as always.
    I was just confused with a lot of similar symbols but I guess that “to the power of minus” sign that comes after Cl makes a big difference.

I obviously need to refresh my chemistry knowledge.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Desired/Tolerable amount of Chlorine??’ is closed to new replies.