Dental woes

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Dental woes

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sallyf024
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 22

Just when I thought I had a handle on Candida, I had to go to the dentist for an abscessed tooth and needed to have it pulled. This is the second tooth removal I have had so far. A back molar was giving me pain and they did a root canal in hopes of saving it. That is not looking good so far as the pain remains. Yesterday my dentist found 3 more cracked teeth that will need treatment. The one good thing is that during this process I found a dentist that is well versed in Candida! He explained that the chances are good that this all is as a result of dry mouth and oral thrush over a period of time (one year). I guess I was too late finding a cure (oil swishing)for the oral thrush. He suggested that I do a fluoride paste that he prescribed and a friend is sending me some sort of spray for the dry mouth that her husband used during chemo. Anyway, to say the least, this is a nightmare emotionally and financially! I’d like to know more about this and any ideas you may have. I remain on the diet (one year), Ultimate Flora and nystatin along with various supplements.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Sally.

Are you now on the 50-billion Ultra Flora probiotic? If so, how many pills a day and how many days have you been on this amount? Are you still taking the antibiotic and if so, how much per day?
    List the antifungals and amounts you’re now taking if you don’t mind.

Able

sallyf024

Yes, I am on the 50 billion Ultra Flora one 2x per day. I am taking two 2x per day of the nystatin 500,000 u(?) Additionally I am taking L-Tyrosine (500 mg) two 2x per day, Klaire Labs Interfase two 2x per day, 5-HTP (one 2x per day) Metabolic Complex one 1 time per day, Standard Process Cataplex G and have had to discontinue (due to expense) the following Standard Process products: Symplex F, Garlic (5,000 mg), Black Current Seed Oil, Drenatrophin PMG, Gut Flora Complex, A-F Betafood, ProSynbiotic and Cal Amo.
    I am also taking celebrex 100 mg 1xper day for arthritis and cymbalta 60 mg 1x per day. (I am convinced now that candida was the cause of depression)
    Well, you asked for it…I feel like a drugstore!
    Able, you have helped me so much and I consider myself very fortunate in finding you. Thank you again!

sallyf024

I forgot to mention that I did not need to take the antibiotics that the dentists originally stated. Also, there is no indication on the bottle of the Ultimate Flora that it requires refrigeration. All the other probiotics that I have used clearly stated that they must be refrigerated at time of purchase and at home???

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello.

Thanks for the statement of gratitude, Sally, it’s very much appreciated.

Could I ask why you’re taking Metabolic Complex as well as Standard Process Cataplex G? The Metabolic Complex contains soy beans as well as soy germ extract, neither being a healthy choice at all for the Candida treatment, and the Cataplex contains honey, which even though in a small amount can still feed the Candida.

I’m sorry to say that you won’t be able to cure your infestation completely as long as you’re taking the InterFase; the reason is that it contains the enzymes cellulase and hemicellulase (this should be on the label). What these two enzymes do is break down the fibers and enzymes in the vegetables you eat. In performing this function, the combination of cellulase and hemicellulase with the vegetable enzymes form simple sugars which of course feed the Candida. When breaking down the enzymes in the Candida cell walls only a portion of the Candida cells will be destroyed by the enzymes, but the resulting sugars feed the surviving Candida thus allowing the Candida to repopulate once again. You can kill a portion of these new Candida again by taking the Interface with these two enzymes, but again the sugar will feed them starting a never-ending cycle of killing and feeding the Candida, without a cure.

I would go ahead and keep the probiotic in the refrigerator.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sally, I think dental problems are pretty normal because of candida. Let me explain.

First off, your body is fighting the candida primarily and doesn’t have many defenses for the rest of your body. It is so taxed fighting the candida that it cannot even maintain the health of your mouth. This typically leads to a huge increase in cavities.

I myself had 9 cavities when I went to dentist at peak of candida outbreak/illness. Part of it is because I didn’t to the dentist for 2 years(due to economy), but part of it also due to my diet at the time. I also didn’t brush enough. Either way, its a lot of cavities and its because my body couldn’t properly defend itself.

Second, your body is using all the energy possible to find candida. Its primary source of energy is from things such as carbs, fat, proteins, etc (normal sources of energy). Guess what its secondary source of energy is if this amount of energy isn’t sufficient? It is the calcium stored in your body…

So, all of your bones, teeth, hair, etc. (places where calcium is stored) are completely taxed/drained/burned from fighting the candida. This can typically lead to weak bones, broken teath/cavities, and hair loss. I have a feeling that the arthritis is related to this.

I personally have the dental problems (only cavities for me ’cause I’m young), major hair loss, and I am sure my bones are brittle (they just feel weak to me).

*This is just my two cents on what I think is happening and I am no health expert or even candida expert. Additionally, I recommend visiting a naturopathic doctor relating to the candida, depression, arthritis, dental problems. They will suggest/prescribe you supplements/vitamins to address these ailments…and get you on the road to recovery in weeks vs months.

It sounds like you are taking some good supplements, but maybe not the right ones for you? Has anyone specifically suggested the use of all of these supplements for fighting candida thats a professional or naturopathic doctor, etc?

L-Tyrosine – amino enzymes to synthesize proteins
    nystatin – Heals gut and fights candida
    Klaire Labs Interfase- more enzymes
    5-HTP – amino acid for depression
    Standard Process Cataplex G – Heals liver (I use this brand myself and I like it)
    celebrex – arthritis
    cymbalta – depression

*There are ways to get over depression without the use of western medicines. This is my own rant on this btw. There are natural homiopathic medications that work and don’t have side effects like western meds do. These work by gradually nudging your body back to normal in the areas you need it most. Eventually when you feel really good from these types of meds/treatments and you won’t need them again. I can’t say the same about western medication because it just alleviates the symptoms; it doesn’t fix the problem permanently or the root cause of the problem. Also, its hard to say whether these meds are draining your body even more or if there are any unforeseen side effects…what if they are helping cause the candida or other unrelated health problems? Its hard to say because we just don’t know everything about western medicine.

Are you drinking coffee or much caffeine? If you are…this is completely draining your adrenal glands. You need your adrenal glands to have a bunch of energy; to feel good and happy and healthy. If they are drained by coffee, drugs, (western drugs?), then they will never be able to fill up again…to make you feel good. You need to heal your adrenal glands someway, and this will greatly help you feel better (and help fight the candida). There are ways to do this, but I do not know of all of them. One of them is plenty of exercise; another is to take a good b-supplement that will help heal your adrenals. Another form of b-vitamins comes from the sun; you could move somewhere sunnier and you will feel happier guarenteed!?

You should keep your vitamins/supplements in an environment below 75 degress F. If you can find a cool place in your house, this will work, otherwise refigurate them for best results.

Hope this helps…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dental woes’ is closed to new replies.