Dehydrated Kale Chips

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Dehydrated Kale Chips

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tulip 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tulip
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 58

I’ve been making these every day for the past three days.They are so delicious,a fun way to get your greens into your diet if you don’t feel like gnawing through a pile!
    You need a dehydrator though.
    Ingredients:
    -freshly washed and dried lacinato kale
    -Himalayan pink salt
    -dried rosemary
    -extra virgin olive oil
    Instructions:
    -de-stem the kale and tear into bite size pieces
    -cover dehydrator trays with either parchment paper or aluminum foil
    -mix one to two tablespoons of olive oil with dried rosemary and salt
    -using a spoon or brush,cover the pieces of kale with afire coating of the olive oil mix
    -place trays in dehydrator;cook at 145 degrees for the initial 3 to 4 hours,then lower to 115;you can also cook them all the way through at 145 if you want to eat them within 4 hours.
    Delicious with guacamole,and fun to eat!
    Enjoy!

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

If you don’t have a dehydrator, I make these Kale chips baking at 250deg in oven for 30 minutes. I wash kale real good and tear leaves off stems and let air dry. Put dry leaves in bowl and drizzle olive oil and himalayan sea salt and mix around. Lay leaves on a cookie sheet and bake. Check after 20 minutes. They are crispy like chips. I found the key to crispy is to make sure the leaves are dry and you don’t bake them in a too hot oven.

Tulip
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 58

I don’t have an oven,just a dehydrator.I don’t like using really high temperatures like that to cook in otherwise.I’m getting a little tired of them though,so maybe might make roasted brussel sprouts instead.Yum.Right now making a gelatinous flax seed arugula spicy tortilla,looks like an alien haha.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Dehydrated Kale Chips’ is closed to new replies.