Day Four & SO Sick at night-HELP!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Day Four & SO Sick at night-HELP!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  shell 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

katemurphy83
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

I’m on day four of this diet. From all the information I received from my doctor, and everything I researched it seems like you are supposed to go cold turkey.
    That’s what I have been doing. Day two, I was pretty nauseous at night..but made it through. But last night it was so bad!! I was sweating, dizzy and extremely nauseous that I threw up.
    I looked up these side effects and found a lot of people don’t go cold turkey. I had one slice of dry whole grain toast and within five minutes felt so much better!
    This diet is really hard, but I can get over not eating certain foods..but its the being nauseous I can’t handle.
    I was thinking about buying some Ezekiel Bread and having maybe half a slice in the morning, and one at night when I start to feel sick.
    Any opinions on this?? Is this reasonable? I have a 4 year old to take care of and passing out from low blood sugar..is going to make this really hard for me.
    Thank You for any input!!! Kate

wishnhope
    Replies: 80

hey kate,

Are you taking the molybdenum? I’m on day 7 now.. I was throwing up as well but the molybdenum really helped. Maybe have a little more protein to keep you full and I am finding that having dip with my veggies is really good too (lemon, garlic, olive and sesame oil blended up)

Day 3 was by far my worst day (thankfully my molybdenum arrived in the mail that day).. I also stopped the coconut oil for awhile until my symptoms steadied out.

If you’re going to just go on the diet and can’t live without some bread, then maybe try one of the breads in the recipes section of the forum instead of the ezekiel?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

katemurphy83 wrote: Day two, I was pretty nauseous at night..but made it through. But last night it was so bad!! I was sweating, dizzy and extremely nauseous that I threw up.

This is the die-off effect coming from the toxins that dying Candida expel.

Read the info on the link below for more information.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590

katemurphy83

Thanks. I am fine now..besides the occasional mood swing..while baking my husband and daughter cookies..and not being able to have any! Lol
    I did make the coconut bread..not to bad. I’m going to make some more today with a recipe using less eggs.
    I have read all the articles..I just didn’t think the die off would happen so quickly.
    My stomach feels great, still headaches in the morning..I’m saying its from not having any caffeine.. but I am sure it will fade.

wishnhope
    Replies: 80

katemurphy83 wrote: Thanks. I am fine now..besides the occasional mood swing..while baking my husband and daughter cookies..and not being able to have any! Lol
    I did make the coconut bread..not to bad. I’m going to make some more today with a recipe using less eggs.
    I have read all the articles..I just didn’t think the die off would happen so quickly.
    My stomach feels great, still headaches in the morning..I’m saying its from not having any caffeine.. but I am sure it will fade.

Did you end up getting your molybdenum?

I add the juice of a lemon and the zest from it as well to the coconut bread (think that was raster’s modification) and I like it a lot like that 🙂

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Good job! I quit everything cold turkey, caffeine too. My headaches were so bad I wanted to throw up! The molybdenum has really helped me! Took me about 1.5 weeks to get over the caffeine. I hit the veggie wall on day for, but praise God, persevered through it!

I think this HAS TO BE a one meal at a time thing. But I know it’s helping!!

I hope you feel better soon. I’m just trying to get all the pills straight! 😉

Pattinoo
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 50

Too true. It is some veggie wall. Veggies I once loved almost make me feel sick at the thought of them! Persevering though, and switching to this cleanse (adding organig egg) has been a blessing! I swear after eating an egg after nothing but veggies for 5 days my body was saying thank you!

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

Dont be afraid to toss in some fish now and then and next week maybe a piece of chicken. I found sardines that are just in plain spring water with no salt. Next week or the week after, buy a whole chicken, and use the dark meat to make some sausage patties. THere is a recipe on these forums. Add some stiva or Xylitol sweetener in it to make it more of a breakfast sausage and have that with your eggs. I typically eat three eggs every morning. Once a week I cook up a whole chicken and make sauage and have that with my eggs two times a week. I just have 2 eggs instead of three when I do that.

Brunswick is the brand I use for sardines. I am not a sardines fan but after hitting that veggie wall myself, I welcomed the fish. You can add sea salt and pepper for flavor.

When I first started the diet i made veggie broth, Just the thought of it makes ill. I dont know if I will ever be able to drink it again. ANd that was only after like three days.

katemurphy83

I didn’t get any molybdenum..I didn’t even know what that was.. I had to look it up. My doctor had me kind of skip the cleanse..she put me on something..and told me to drink A LOT of water..I did that. So basically started with the strict diet. Cut EVERYTHING out that I was supposed to. I was really sick for like 5 days. But now that I am eating more I feel better.
    I have to share this.. So I got a food processor to help me out with this diet.
    I got Buckwheat Soba Noodles..yum..
    Food Processor:
    I put in two handfuls of basil
    1/2 cup organic coconut cream
    1 garlic clove
    1/2 avocado
    salt and pepper
    Blend it all together..and it makes enough for about two servings
    Delicious!! You can add chicken and/or veggies too! Yum

The hardest part for me is probably the no fruit right now..I love fruit!! 🙁

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

HA! This is so funny! Glad to hear others hitting the veggie wall! Man, praise God for avocados!! I tried chicken just a few pieces in my salad after about a week and a half, made me itch like crazy for two days. So cut that out. Tried Greek yogurt, nope, now my rash is super bad again!

At day four I was ready to just starve rather than eat! Had to force myself. I got some artichokes, that was a nice change. I’m thankful for the ideas though! 🙂 Made like a quiche with veggies, that was nice just a different way to eat, and an omelet. Ah…the salad thing is really killing me though! 🙂

Glad to hear of others hanging in there. I know that over all I “think” I’m getting better? Only the Lord knows?! 🙂 We will see?! When I get home from my trip I will be starting the C. oil and O. oil on a daily basis. Just don’t want to have major die-off for my trip home. My skin is already bad enough!

Well everybody, thanks for sharing! Made me laugh! 🙂

katemurphy83

Avocados!!! Yes I thought the same thing..I have always loved them, but now I REALLY love them!
    Do you put any avocado in your salad? I cube 1/2 of one give it a squeeze of lime and salt & pepper. Along with some olive oil and ACV. Yum! I have salad everynight..but before the Candida Diet..I always added a little cranberry and parm cheese..not anymore 🙁

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi girls… maybe we should change the name of this thread to the “avocado admiration club”!! Cos I just love them too! Here’s another idea for you…

If you buy one that’s under-ripe and can’t wait to eat it. Cut it up in really small cubes… cut red onion up really small too and mix together with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, salt & pepper. It makes a great salsa to have with cold chicken or fish… or I used it with crabmeat (test item) and homemade garlic mayo as a canape when we had guests. Served it in little gem lettuce leave and it looked great too. The avocado doen’t go all brown & yucky cos of the lime juice.

Enjoy!

L

shell
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 19

HI Kate

I am on day four also. I tried to do the liquid cleanse over the weekend and the nausea, shakes, pounding heart etc. were too much. I had my blood checked a little while ago and they told me I have low blood sugar. So it works better for me to stick to the veggie cleanse. I still have some die off reactions but not out of control. Also, I did the strict stage 1 diet for a month first allowing my body to cleanse at a slower rate. It all seems to be working but slowly…
    Good luck
    Shell

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Day Four & SO Sick at night-HELP!’ is closed to new replies.