Day 7 = 7 days without going to the washroom :(

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Day 7 = 7 days without going to the washroom :(

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Chris24 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

NewDay
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 25

Hi,

So on day 3 I expressed my concerns about not evacuating the toxins from my body(no bowel movement). Now it’s been 7 days and I know it cannot be good. I feel ok and I’m not really experiencing any die-off either.

I am taking aloe vera water as recommended by someone on this forum. 2oz in the am and 2oz at night and I am taking some fibre.I’ve been drinking lots of water (at least 8 or more a day) and only eating green veggies, chicken, fish, eggs and coconut oil. I am also doing teh Renew Life Candida cleanse.

Now, I do suffere from chronic constipation so this is not infamiliar however with the Candida diet this is risky.

Any suggestions on what could help?

( I did a 7 day Renew Life Cleanse and that did work daily. Not sure that is the solution though).

Becca

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Are you doing the psyllium husk and clay cleanse?

At this point, I would recommend drinking some coffee. That’ll surely cause some major movements…

I would not drink coffee again for as long as possible afterwards or until you are constipated again.

-raster

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Diet-wise, the main causes of constipation are foods too heavy to digest (meats), too drying (diuretic) or too light in properties.
    Try to avoid cabbage broccoli and brussel sprouts in particular.
    Make sure to put plenty of oil on your salades (cold pressed flax seed oil (= laxative) or olive oil) Flushing down some ghee with hot water on an empty stomach also helps to soften the stool (lot of good experience with that). The best spice for constipation is ginger. Lemon ginger tea is excellent, especially on an empty stomach and before meals. Spicy food in general is recommended, as it fuels the digestive fire. Black pepper is on of the best. And if you have cayennepepper or asafoetida, then go nuts.

I would not advice coffee because it is diuretic (can dry the stool) and can aggrevate your condition. It obviously works for some people like Raster says, but not for everyone.

Oh and never drink cold water. In depletes the digestive fire.

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Becca I am so sorry that you are going through this. It must be very uncomfortable. I love you name by the way! 😀 Are you on any medication that could be giving you side effects of constipation? For example my doctor about a year ago put me on Mirapex for muscle twitching (I would never recommended someone taking this unless they really need to) and it cause constipation for me. Lucky for me I did not have to stay on it long, more like I refused to use it and got a second opinion.

Also have you ever got any allergy test done? Maybe you are allergic to one of the foods you are eating and your eating more of the food now because of the restricted diet.

Whenever I have been constipated I put a step or books or something on the floor in front of the toilet to raise your feet while going the bathroom. It has helped me in the past. Make sure you are getting some exercise. Colon hydrotherapy might be helpful too. It where they flush out your colon. These are suggestions that I learned from Brenda Watson.
    Hope this helps,
    Lauren

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Chris24 wrote: Oh and never drink cold water. In depletes the digestive fire.

I didn’t know this… Pretty much all the water I drink is cold in this weather. I just had a big glass after taking some Swedish bitters. I’ll have to start popping it in the microwave for 20-seconds and having more ginger. This article gives an interesting account of the history, by the way.

I’m still not sure about drinking after meals. Able said water with the Swedish bitters helps empty the stomach and flush the liver, but I want protein to stay in my stomach for 3-4 hours, and I don’t want to dilute my stomach juices. Having too much water in my soup seems to bloat me out too.

xLittlexRachx
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 7

Hi Becca,

I’d definitely recommend colonic irrigation/hydrotherapy. I’ve had it done twice now and it’s been great at sorting out my gas problem.
    I also suffer with a bit of constipation at times mainly due, I think to the fact that I am taking levothyroxine for my thyroid problem.

Hot/warm water is really good to keep things moving too. Just drinking lots of water help lubricate your gut. Sometimes your stools can become dehydrated and hard because you’re not drinking enough. Deffo keep up the aloe vera – the colonic hydrotherapist told me this is excellent stuff. He said that you can get a special gel that you can consume and rub onto your skin (if you suffer with arthritis it works wonders apparently).

Also, the sitting on the loo and raising your legs is good too as that is the proper ‘pooing’ position!!!

xLittlexRachx
    Topics: 2

Oh, and with regards to the drinking water thing – apparently, you shouldn’t drink any fluids 30 minutes before or after you consume food. It dilutes the digestive enzymes, making them less effective in the digestion process. Also, it can cause gas! The colonic guy told me this too. He is awesome!!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Chris24 wrote: Try to avoid cabbage, broccoli and brussel sprouts in particular.

Why?
    If this is supposed to prevent constipation, I’d love to hear your theory.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

And check this out for a long term solution;

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1098_Constipation-Remedies.aspx

The coffee idea was just for short term and immediate relief.

-raster

Chris24

Javizy wrote:

Oh and never drink cold water. In depletes the digestive fire.

I didn’t know this… Pretty much all the water I drink is cold in this weather. I just had a big glass after taking some Swedish bitters. I’ll have to start popping it in the microwave for 20-seconds and having more ginger. This article gives an interesting account of the history, by the way.

I’m still not sure about drinking after meals. Able said water with the Swedish bitters helps empty the stomach and flush the liver, but I want protein to stay in my stomach for 3-4 hours, and I don’t want to dilute my stomach juices. Having too much water in my soup seems to bloat me out too.

Ah well hop eit helps if you’re suffering from it. Constipation is serious business. It’s not so scientific for me though, is see digestion as fire and there are lots of things (physically, emotionally, environmentally) that can deplete that fire. But diet is a good start.

Chris24

Able900 wrote:

Try to avoid cabbage, broccoli and brussel sprouts in particular.

Why?
    If this is supposed to prevent constipation, I’d love to hear your theory.

Able

Yes, with pleasure.

As I stated, one of the foods that can constipate you are foods that are too dry and light. Cabbage, broccoli and brussel sprouts are particularly light and promote gas. Normally we would balance these properties out with cheesesauce or butter, but since this is forbidden in the candida diet the food is too dry and light for people who are susceptible to that. Even worse, we are supposed to lightly steam them because thats healthier for us. So what happens is that we eat a lot of food that is out of balance. The candida diet can promote constipation in this way, because we miss our grounding, heavy, nourishing, moist foods.

I am very light myself, so my digestion is always struggling with this diet.

Too much buckwheat is also a culprit btw.

NewDay
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 25

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses!!!! I don’t know what I would do without all of you!

So, I live up North far away from most goods and services and my options are limited so no colonic irrigation.

As Chris said, I will keep an eye on the amount of cabbage and brocoli I consume and try to eat more water filled veggies an/or use more oils. I must admit I have been using quite a bit though.

I’ve been doing the warm water thing and exercising.

When I go somewhere ifpossible, I will try and get an allergy/intolerance test done.

For today though I need to get this out! Now! I have stuck to this diet religiously because I really want to never have to do this again. So I am going to go to the pharmacy and try to find something that will do the job… I think that is better than having all guck inside me creating the perfect environment for those sucker.

If you know of anything that helps in the immediate please and won’t conflict with this diet please let me know.

Oh and thanks Lauren!!!

Becca

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Chris24 wrote: the food is too dry

Even if this were true, that’s what water is for. Even saltines can’t remain ‘dry’ if water is as plentiful in the body as it should be.

Cabbage, broccoli and brussel sprouts are particularly light.

Please describe exactly what you mean by ‘light’.

All three of the vegetables which you’ve named, as well as others like them, would benefit everyone if they were eaten just about every day, if for no other reason that they’re all cruciferous vegetables.

Cabbage is best eaten in the form of sauerkraut, especially on a Candida diet; however that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be eaten in its regular form since it’s one of the major cruciferous vegetables.

Research shows that consuming just 1½ cups of cruciferous vegetables per week reduces cancer risks by 41 percent.

These vegetables have the ability to balance estrogens in the body, promoting hormonal health, which is most definitely needed during a Candida infestation.

They protect us from the adverse affects of secondhand smoke.

On various lists of the “highest fiber content” vegetables, you’ll always see broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cabbage. With this in mind, consider that the main goal of a Candida diet (other than a cure) is repopulating the gut with beneficial flora; without a high intake of vegetable dietary fiber this is basically impossible.

Yes, people blame all three of these vegetables plus many others as the cause of bloating. Do you know why it appears to be the vegetable’s fault? It isn’t that these vegetables ‘will always cause bloating’ regardless of other factors.
    Are you aware that only 1 in 10 Americans experience bloating when eating such foods as these vegetables? So why do you suppose the other 90% are not experiencing this when they eat the same vegetables?

Below are just a few reasons why only 10 in 100 experience bloating and/or constipation when they eat these foods, and none of the reasons have anything to do with ‘dryness’ or ‘light.’
    Poor liver function can cause elevation of estrogen which can suppress the thyroid. When this happens both constipation and bloating are normal. Poor liver function is notorious among Candida sufferers because they don’t bother to properly protect the liver from the Candida toxins.

A decrease in the amount of bile being released by the liver acts as an irritant and promotes both constipation and bloating. This is also common among Candida sufferers, and it can also be corrected with the correct supplements.

And the most common cause of both bloating and constipation is having excessively low stomach acidity, which is always a side effect of a Candida overgrowth until it’s corrected.

So don’t blame the food, blame the lack of a proper digestive function in 10 people out of every 100.

Able

piloteminuit
    Topics: 1

Your pharmacy might have at-home enema kits, and there are also some single-use ones available online for $2-3 apiece. It is not the most pleasant thing to have to do, but it really does provide relief in the most instantaneous way. 🙂

Have you tried cultured veggies yet? They are, um, very effective. They are available from healingmovement.net or at health food co-ops or you can make them yourself after your immediate need has passed. (they take a week to culture) How-to video

Chris24

Able900 wrote:

the food is too dry

Even if this were true, that’s what water is for. Even saltines can’t remain ‘dry’ if water is as plentiful in the body as it should be.

Cabbage, broccoli and brussel sprouts are particularly light.

Please describe exactly what you mean by ‘light’.

All three of the vegetables which you’ve named, as well as others like them, would benefit everyone if they were eaten just about every day, if for no other reason that they’re all cruciferous vegetables.

Cabbage is best eaten in the form of sauerkraut, especially on a Candida diet; however that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be eaten in its regular form since it’s one of the major cruciferous vegetables.

Research shows that consuming just 1½ cups of cruciferous vegetables per week reduces cancer risks by 41 percent.

These vegetables have the ability to balance estrogens in the body, promoting hormonal health, which is most definitely needed during a Candida infestation.

They protect us from the adverse affects of secondhand smoke.

On various lists of the “highest fiber content” vegetables, you’ll always see broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cabbage. With this in mind, consider that the main goal of a Candida diet (other than a cure) is repopulating the gut with beneficial flora; without a high intake of vegetable dietary fiber this is basically impossible.

Yes, people blame all three of these vegetables plus many others as the cause of bloating. Do you know why it appears to be the vegetable’s fault? It isn’t that these vegetables ‘will always cause bloating’ regardless of other factors.
    Are you aware that only 1 in 10 Americans experience bloating when eating such foods as these vegetables? So why do you suppose the other 90% are not experiencing this when they eat the same vegetables?

Below are just a few reasons why only 10 in 100 experience bloating and/or constipation when they eat these foods, and none of the reasons have anything to do with ‘dryness’ or ‘light.’
    Poor liver function can cause elevation of estrogen which can suppress the thyroid. When this happens both constipation and bloating are normal. Poor liver function is notorious among Candida sufferers because they don’t bother to properly protect the liver from the Candida toxins.

A decrease in the amount of bile being released by the liver acts as an irritant and promotes both constipation and bloating. This is also common among Candida sufferers, and it can also be corrected with the correct supplements.

And the most common cause of both bloating and constipation is having excessively low stomach acidity, which is always a side effect of a Candida overgrowth until it’s corrected.

So don’t blame the food, blame the lack of a proper digestive function in 10 people out of every 100.

Able

Woah, take it easy. I wasn’t talking about quit those vegetables forever. I was talking about stop eating these vegetables if you are constipated. Then see what happens. Because in Ayurveda these are some of the driest and lightest veggies (which means the element of ether is dominant), and can aggrevate constipation in a lot of people. Water can be a little balancing, but is pretty light in itself. It was only a little side note about the veggies though, there is a lot to be said about constipation, as i have a lot of experience dealing with it Ayurveda style. I wish I had the energy to explain more, some other time perhaps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Day 7 = 7 days without going to the washroom :(’ is closed to new replies.