Day 45 and symptom free!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Day 45 and symptom free!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Positivo 7 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #75378

    forevercody
    Member
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 10

    I am on day 45 of the stage 1 diet and have not had any symptoms for 6 days. I remember when I first started and was in such a dark place emotionally. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done.

    I know that there is no time frame for healing but it seems too soon. I was bracing myself fot the long haul. I sure am not complaining! I feel great but nervous too. Nervous that it will come back the first wrong bite that I take. What is the next step? At this time should I decrease antifungals? Right now I am taking 10 drops of Oil of Oregano as well as 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Should I decrease molybdenum? I am taking 150mcg 3x a day. Another question about ligui-kelp should I follow the directions on bottle? It says take 4 drops after a meal or with water. Also any advice when to start on stage 2 food items?

    I also want to thank all for their candid stories. This forum has helped me tremendously. Any feedback or questions would be greatly appreciated.

    #75380

    Naturegirl27
    Member
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

    YEAH!!! This is very inspirational to me. Thank you for sharing

    #75382

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    I’d start examining stage 2 foods and to see your reactions after trying some of them. You likely can start cheating a little more but don’t get too carry away. I’d also consider supplements to take to cure leaky gut if you have any allergies.

    -raster

    #75386

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    forevercody wrote: I am on day 45 of the stage 1 diet and have not had any symptoms for 6 days. I remember when I first started and was in such a dark place emotionally. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done.

    I know that there is no time frame for healing but it seems too soon. I was bracing myself fot the long haul. I sure am not complaining! I feel great but nervous too. Nervous that it will come back the first wrong bite that I take. What is the next step? At this time should I decrease antifungals? Right now I am taking 10 drops of Oil of Oregano as well as 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Should I decrease molybdenum? I am taking 150mcg 3x a day. Another question about ligui-kelp should I follow the directions on bottle? It says take 4 drops after a meal or with water. Also any advice when to start on stage 2 food items?

    I also want to thank all for their candid stories. This forum has helped me tremendously. Any feedback or questions would be greatly appreciated.

    Be really careful about releasing the diet. Talking about my own experience, I was symptom free two times when I began to combat it. In fact, the first time, it was fast but after the relapse, it has been more difficult to get well.
    Go slow, but don’t be afraid, no everybody relapses.
    Jorge.

    #75390

    jereseib
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 32

    I would be very careful. You have probably just killed it off enough where you are not having symptoms anymore. Until you have eliminated all of the yeast and gotten your flora built back up it can come back. Im just saying from experience. I thought i had cured myself about a year ago but just a few weeks of not eating right and lots of stress was all it needed to come back stronger than ever.

    #75431

    shell
    Member
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 19

    I was symptom free for three months and then relaxed my diet and it came back slowly but has ended up worse than before. so take the warnings and pay attention to your body’s response to foods.

    #75435

    CT
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

    jereseib wrote: I thought i had cured myself about a year ago but just a few weeks of not eating right and lots of stress was all it needed to come back stronger than ever.

    shell wrote: I was symptom free for three months and then relaxed my diet and it came back slowly but has ended up worse than before. so take the warnings and pay attention to your body’s response to foods.

    I want to make sure that I do not make the same mistakes when I feel ready to come off the diet (no where near that time yet). So just wanted to ask you both a few questions to see what circumstances can bring it back.

    Did you both go on a strict diet similar to the one on the website?
    How long did you go on the diet for overall?
    How long did you remain on the anti candida diet while you were feeling better?
    Did you continue with probiotics after finishing the diet?
    What were your eating habits like after finishing the diet?

    Sorry for so many questions!

    #75500

    jereseib
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 32

    CT wrote:

    I thought i had cured myself about a year ago but just a few weeks of not eating right and lots of stress was all it needed to come back stronger than ever.

    shell wrote: I was symptom free for three months and then relaxed my diet and it came back slowly but has ended up worse than before. so take the warnings and pay attention to your body’s response to foods.

    I want to make sure that I do not make the same mistakes when I feel ready to come off the diet (no where near that time yet). So just wanted to ask you both a few questions to see what circumstances can bring it back.

    Did you both go on a strict diet similar to the one on the website?
    How long did you go on the diet for overall?
    How long did you remain on the anti candida diet while you were feeling better?
    Did you continue with probiotics after finishing the diet?
    What were your eating habits like after finishing the diet?

    Sorry for so many questions!

    Yes, I went on a very strict diet. From Feb 2011 to July 2011 I ate an extremely strict diet of chicken/fish/eggs for protein, plenty of vegetables, and a little bit of quinoa/buckwheat for carbs. I picked 4 anti-fungals and rotated them the entire time while adding primal defense for probiotics. So after about 6 months I was feeling great.

    My downfall is I started having alot more energy so I began cycling pretty heavy. About last August I started a new job which came with alot more stress. Thats when I started slipping on the diet, started missing anti-fungal/probiotic doses and eating bread and some sugars every once in awhile. All this lead to a total relapse for me a couple months ago. I am technically still on the diet a year later but with a few episodes of cheating the last few months.

    One thing I will say, even when you think you have it beat it can come back if you dont stay extremely disciplined until its gone. The best way I can describe it is like a weed that you have killed off in your garden but you didnt completely eliminate its root system. So while you cant see it anymore all it takes is a little watering to change that environment and it grows back.

    My advice is just continuing battling it and be very careful. I just looked back at my journal entries from day 45 and I was still having alot of symptoms and struggling with it even 45 days in. For me it looks like around day 95 where I started feeling better.

    #75501

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    One thing I will say, even when you think you have it beat it can come back if you dont stay extremely disciplined until its gone. The best way I can describe it is like a weed that you have killed off in your garden but you didnt completely eliminate its root system. So while you cant see it anymore all it takes is a little watering to change that environment and it grows back.

    An absolutely perfect description, jereseib, thanks for sharing that with the forum.

    Able

    #75510

    CT
    Member
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

    jereseib wrote: Yes, I went on a very strict diet. From Feb 2011 to July 2011 I ate an extremely strict diet of chicken/fish/eggs for protein, plenty of vegetables, and a little bit of quinoa/buckwheat for carbs. I picked 4 anti-fungals and rotated them the entire time while adding primal defense for probiotics. So after about 6 months I was feeling great.

    My downfall is I started having alot more energy so I began cycling pretty heavy. About last August I started a new job which came with alot more stress. Thats when I started slipping on the diet, started missing anti-fungal/probiotic doses and eating bread and some sugars every once in awhile. All this lead to a total relapse for me a couple months ago. I am technically still on the diet a year later but with a few episodes of cheating the last few months.

    One thing I will say, even when you think you have it beat it can come back if you dont stay extremely disciplined until its gone. The best way I can describe it is like a weed that you have killed off in your garden but you didnt completely eliminate its root system. So while you cant see it anymore all it takes is a little watering to change that environment and it grows back.

    My advice is just continuing battling it and be very careful. I just looked back at my journal entries from day 45 and I was still having alot of symptoms and struggling with it even 45 days in. For me it looks like around day 95 where I started feeling better.

    Thanks for the reply. I will remember this when I start to feel better and make sure I still keep up the diet for a long time after.

    #75512

    sammcl
    Member
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

    forevercody wrote: I am on day 45 of the stage 1 diet and have not had any symptoms for 6 days. I remember when I first started and was in such a dark place emotionally. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done.

    I know that there is no time frame for healing but it seems too soon. I was bracing myself fot the long haul. I sure am not complaining! I feel great but nervous too. Nervous that it will come back the first wrong bite that I take. What is the next step? At this time should I decrease antifungals? Right now I am taking 10 drops of Oil of Oregano as well as 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Should I decrease molybdenum? I am taking 150mcg 3x a day. Another question about ligui-kelp should I follow the directions on bottle? It says take 4 drops after a meal or with water. Also any advice when to start on stage 2 food items?

    I also want to thank all for their candid stories. This forum has helped me tremendously. Any feedback or questions would be greatly appreciated.

    Congrats. It’s stories like these that make me happy I have found this place.

    #75531

    Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

    Thanks for sharing and everyone else. I too am starting to feel better. Scary to read how you all were feeling better. Started to go off the diet and it comes back with a vengance. UGH. That would be my luck. So thankful for you all sharing your stories. Good and bad we learn so much from one another here.

    #75590

    Positivo
    Member
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

    I’m not the most experienced and I’ve only been on diet for 16 days but I heard a statement that was interesting in a video. The person said avoid what got you there in the first place. If junk food was ur problem before then don’t go to it as well as antibiotics and stress. Good job getting this far though but for me when I reach the 3 month mark. I’m going to make safe cheats. If I want bread then I’ll have gluten free yeast free bread. If I want fruit then eat it alone not strawberries dipped in chocolate. You catch my drift? Use what you ve learned through this experience and develop ur own smart “cheats”. That’s what ima do.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Day 45 and symptom free!’ is closed to new replies.