Day 3 anxiety? Is this normal or just me?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Day 3 anxiety? Is this normal or just me?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sammmick 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

sammmick
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

So, this may be more of a psychology question, but I was wondering if anxiety coincides with the cleansing process? Is this normal?

I’m on the end of day three of my cleanse. I was just sitting here trying to log my calorie intake of the day, and all of a sudden I got this familiar hot numbing sensation in my head. It also seemed like words were trying to enter my head, but didn’t complete themselves. Kind of like hearing voices, but having them not say anything. It was really faint. It was anxiety. (at least the form of anxiety I occasionally get. everyone’s anxiety is remarkably different.)

These kind of things would happen to me over the summer, when I drank a lot of alcohol and had an irregular eating schedule. I would get crippling anxiety, sometimes so bad that I’d puke. I really wanted to die. I decided that one of the major factors was biological stressors. Severe hypoglycemic fluctuations, in particular.

But the list of additional stressors was through the roof; recent relocation, 12 hour work days, 3 days in a row, off and on homelessness… the list was huge.

It took me six months to get over the anxiety that I attained during the summer.

So..
    2 questions.

Is stress amplified during the cleanse? Should I expect to be more susceptible to anxiety while I’m cleansing? Or does the cleanse flat out *cause* anxiety?

Will certain foods trigger it? I had a few tablespoons of peanut butter (with hydrogenated oil). I thought I was going to puke and have a panic attack.

Thanks, y’all!

sammmick

I was also the one who posted about the “brain fog” yesterday. 🙂

Today I’ve been having bouts of amazing energy! It’s been great, aside from the avoided anxiety attack.

sammmick

Oh! And something interesting that was on the Daily Show when I turned on the TV a moment ago:

A nutritionist was being interviewed who wrote a dietary guide called “The End of Illness”. He said that if you have lunch at Noon one day, and the following day have it at 2 PM, your stress hormone levels sky rocket because the brain, which is trying to maintain homeostasis, starts to question when the next meal will be and starts to prepare for survival mode.

I just thought this was relavent to my history, and possibly what was happening today. 🙂

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi mate,
    you are not alone in this. I am 49 and never had problems with my mind or depression, panic attacks and the like. But with the start of my stomach and intestine problems panic attacks came to it and I suffered 3 major attacks in the last 5 month. All off them started in the middle of night waking me up with a body who is freaking out with symptoms and a feeling and thinking sensation of total fear. I still noticed that something is watching the entire show unfolding and I can catch my panic calming the mind first. The body is then another story. Tremors, cold hands, dizziness, a feeling of dread, upset stomach, running ants under the skin sensation, shivering, cold / warm sweat, claustrophobia feelings.

All of these are manageable if you stay aware of these and watch them in a state of knowing that you will survive these and that the story your thoughts and feelings tell you about them are not true. Fighting the condition by thinking I want to get out of here or I hate that shit worsen the condition and worsening the claustrophobia. I experienced these symptoms in the diet, while candida is dying off, and after I stopped the diet. Maybe feeding the candida. I really dont know if I have Candida because I never did a laboratory test, but my history and antibiotic history and symptoms list makes it quite possible. As these toxins are quite powerfull I am pretty sure they play a part in the anxiety attacks. Depression is even more so a sign and part of die-off.

Look only how much alcohol is affecting a person body and mind. How much more does heroin or LSD. All of these are toxins who have a profound impact on the entire body mind structure. That the toxins from fungus, allergies, food sensitivities. stress etc can have any kind of expression from mild drunkenness (brain fog) to hallucination symptoms would not surprise me.

I believe the first thing you can do is collecting knowledge, then to train yourself to breath deeply from the stomach, learn about food and how it affects you, talk about your condition and not hide yourself with people who know about it and can help you, medical help be it natural herbs for calming the stomach, mind base. Mind therapy and how to deal with thinking patterns.

Ask yourself if the thoughts are true, do you hundred percent sure they are true only because the feeling tells you so. Think about it like this. You see in the basement a snake, your thoughts tell you is a snake, you feelings believing that thought react with a fear, running away or attack mode is activated. Cold sweat, anger, panic, big eye pupils, hair raising feeling etc. In this state your entire being believes that there is a snake in the basement.

Now it happens that a friend comes rushing down the basement hearing your crys of panic. She has a flash light and to your surprise you find out the information that the snake was not a snake at all but a forgotten water-hose.

Now the first to align itself to the truth are the thoughts. Ahh, ha ha…I thought it was a snake how foolish it says. Next in line and this can take a while are the feelings calming down. The pressure in the chest disappears and the breathing becomes normal, negative thought patterns turn to positive ones.
    Last to line up is the body, the chock in the body still take a while to go out of the system.

you see everything was based on a lie, still because you believed it the body had a true reaction to something which is not real. So, from this you can learn to separate yourself asking yourself, is it really true what I experience. You don’t need to believe your thoughts and feelings, not even your body.

Doing all that, I still would go to the doctors and have me checked out for heart problems, GERD, IBS, Candidiasis, etc etc. Food allergies, everything you can think off. Lack of nutrition, mall nutrition because of a inflammatory intestines etc etc.

As you can see from my post, there is some reality in the panic attack, but we dont have to believe all off it. Yes I feel terrible but that doesnt mean it will be here forever, that I will die off it, that it has something to do with my mind, that I get crazy or something. These are only thoughts and have no truth in themselves. It can be your acid in your stomach, shallow breathing technic etc.

I wish you all the best in the world my friend!
    yours
    thomas

sammmick

Thanks, Thomas for your input.

I feel like I’m noticing that while a few people on the forum begin to feel better, many have severely detrimental effects that seem to be lasting months into their treatment. It really makes me wonder the legitimacy of it. Sure, there’s plenty of people that can vouch for it, but there also seems to be many people struggling with it that are worse off than when they started.

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Sammmick,
    I think part of the reason why people have vary degrees of how they are feeling is because some people have worse overgrowth than others. Some people found out quick that something was wrong and started fixing it right away. For me personally I had problems for years and just pushed through it because doctors could not give me answers and also because I thought will power could be stronger than the body. If I just pushed through the pain than it was okay. I was excited about life and nothing was going to slow me down. Many people live in pain so could I. What did it matter that every few months I became very sick and was in bed for a week.

And whenever I did mention all this to doctors they ran tests and found nothing and said it was a flu. It took me years to get where I am so it makes sense that it will take a while to get fully better. When your killing the candida through the diet, antifungals, and probitoics you are doing a number on the body, so you will feel worse. There more toxins in your body when the candida dies. But there will be a time when you feel better. For some of us it will be a long journey but in the end it will be worth it and there really is no other choice. 😀

Also I believe some people may have more than a candida overgrowth, like parasites. No matter how well you stick to the diet your not going to fix another problem that has nothing to do with candida. These are just my thoughts. As always they can be flawed. Hope this helps
    Lauren

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

You’re probably still experiencing low blood sugar levels. Irritability is a typical symptom. You might have noticed it before when you didn’t eat for way too long, especially after a high-sugar/starch meal. Your body should start to adjust soon.

I found everyone annoying for the first two weeks and I had no patience at all. Then I started to feel more upbeat and laid back, and people have even told me I seem more relaxed than usual. Probably because I’m not jonesing for my next sugar hit.

sammmick wrote: A nutritionist was being interviewed who wrote a dietary guide called “The End of Illness”. He said that if you have lunch at Noon one day, and the following day have it at 2 PM, your stress hormone levels sky rocket because the brain, which is trying to maintain homeostasis, starts to question when the next meal will be and starts to prepare for survival mode.

I’d heard it’s good for you to eat at the same sort of times, but I didn’t know about hormone levels changing. I know your metabolism enters a survival mode, slows right down and tries to store fat, so dieters who skip breakfast and starve themselves are way off base lol.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

sammmick wrote: Thanks, Thomas for your input.

I feel like I’m noticing that while a few people on the forum begin to feel better, many have severely detrimental effects that seem to be lasting months into their treatment. It really makes me wonder the legitimacy of it. Sure, there’s plenty of people that can vouch for it, but there also seems to be many people struggling with it that are worse off than when they started.

Dear Sammick,
    dont loose faith in your path only because my path is different, my battles might be much longer than yours. Who know why that is, maybe I have to learn more about life, whatever my destiny is. Then there is the saying in the candida world that a sufferer will have to count one month for each year he had the infestation. Now, I got it with 17 and I am 49 now. That would make for 32 month of battle. If you got it 2 years you are in for it for 2 month.

Dont give up because of me!
    yours
    thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Sammick,

I also experienced anxiety in general when I was very ill. I had a short temper, I was snappy, and I couldn’t handle stress very well at all. When I went through the first 2 weeks of die-off, I felt like one of those little chihuahas (dog) and I felt all skittish, I felt like barking at everyone, and I just could not chill out easily.

In general your body is under a lot of stress because of all of the toxins being released and this effects your psychology as well.

I generally “tripped out” when I went through die-off and thought people were talking to me all of the time when they were not. I experienced hot flashes like I was wearing winter clothing and running, sweats, the “burn/itch”, etc.

Another way of looking it at is that your body is used to a drug out there called sugar. Sugar should be classified as a drug in my opinion and stopping it can cause withdrawal symptoms and all sorts of unusual stuff.

-raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

raster wrote: Another way of looking it at is that your body is used to a drug out there called sugar. Sugar should be classified as a drug in my opinion and stopping it can cause withdrawal symptoms and all sorts of unusual stuff.

You’re exactly right; it’s just as bad, if not worse than alcohol and nicotine. I was pleased (and shocked) to see this article in the paper this week. It’ll fall on deaf ears (who’s going to persuade Coca-Cola and Cadbury’s to accept tax increases?), but it might at least raise a bit of awareness. Most people probably aren’t aware there’s sugar in just about everything and in MASSIVE amounts in things you wouldn’t even expect. I didn’t start reading ingredients lists and looking at the percentage of things like sugar until last summer…

Downtown
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 39

Another way of looking it at is that your body is used to a drug out there called sugar. Sugar should be classified as a drug in my opinion and stopping it can cause withdrawal symptoms and all sorts of unusual stuff.

It’r really amazing how much sugar is in not only soft drinks, but foods too. Think about it this way: 4 grams of sugar = 1 teaspoon.

20 oz bottle of coke has 65 grams of sugar. 65 grams = 16.25 teaspoons of sugar.
    King size snickers. 54 grams = 13.5 teaspoons.
    Fruit fille yogurts. 33 grams = 8.25 teaspoons.

You get the point. Grams is just a word to most people. Put the number of teaspoons on a package and it might suprise a lot of people.

DT

sammmick

Downtown wrote:

It’r really amazing how much sugar is in not only soft drinks, but foods too. Think about it this way: 4 grams of sugar = 1 teaspoon.

20 oz bottle of coke has 65 grams of sugar. 65 grams = 16.25 teaspoons of sugar.
    King size snickers. 54 grams = 13.5 teaspoons.
    Fruit fille yogurts. 33 grams = 8.25 teaspoons.

You get the point. Grams is just a word to most people. Put the number of teaspoons on a package and it might suprise a lot of people.

DT

Ha! Thanks, I’ve always wondered about how much the sugar I consume actually looks like in pure form.

So far I’m 4 days without sugar, and I must admit, I feel GREAT right now. I finished my last exam of the week, the sun is shining, I decided to paint, gonna cook some great food, and everything is golden. (Although I did just drink a 22 oz beer.)

I think I’ll stick with not having any sugar for a while. Thanks everyone.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Day 3 anxiety? Is this normal or just me?’ is closed to new replies.