Cucumber soup

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CT 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

The website has a cucumber soup as well but this is a cooked version and frying the cucumber in butter makes alot of difference to the taste of the soup.

The idea of cucumber soup sounds awful but it does actually taste very nice. It is also very quick and easy to make.

1 and half Tablespoon of ghee
    1 and half Tablespoon flour
    1 cucumber
    2 avocados
    1 and 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
    300ml water (if you make you own vegetable stock then add this instead of water)
    100ml of probiotic yoghurt

1) Dice the cucumber
    2) Fry the ghee and coat the cucumber with it
    3) Add the flour and mix in
    4) Add the chopped avocado and once the avocado and cucumber has fried for about 5 mins add the water and yoghurt
    5) Sprinkle in the cayenne pepper and simmer for about 5-10 mins
    6) Put it all in a blender

Kkmetz04
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

Can you tell me what ghee is please? Sounds very good!

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Kkmetz04 wrote: Can you tell me what ghee is please? Sounds very good!

It’s Indian-style clarified butter. The clarification process removes all of the sugar content, which is why it’s okay to eat in moderation (if you don’t get an allergic reaction).

Kkmetz04

Thanks I will have to look for some of that

Kkmetz04

Thanks I will have to look for some of that

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Really wish I could have yogurt! I have a sensitivities to it. This sounds wonderful! Does anyone have an idea that I could switch the yogurt for something else?
    Thanks Lauren

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

Lauren wrote: Really wish I could have yogurt! I have a sensitivities to it. This sounds wonderful! Does anyone have an idea that I could switch the yogurt for something else?
    Thanks Lauren

You could probably get out of using the probiotic yoghurt. It is just there to give the soup a more creamy taste. Replace the amount of yoghurt with water. However, you might want to make a vegetable stock rather than use plain water as the soup might turn out a bit watery tasting. Or if making stock takes too long you could experiment and use an extra avocado.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cucumber soup’ is closed to new replies.