Cravings

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fiae 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

milly
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi, I am new to the candida diet. I’ve been on it for two weeks now. First week I had a lot of die off. I am now back to feeling the intense sugar/carb cravings that I used to have prior to the diet. Could it be that I recently added quinoa to my diet. Not sure, but its killing me and I’m almost ready to eat a dessert! Any advise?

PeteSake
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 36

My first advice, don’t eat dessert, it just may set you back, it has for me many times.

I found sweeteners like stevia, xylitol, erythritol certainly quelled my sweet cravings – but my condition is too severe for me to enjoy these and still make progress.

I will say that over time the cravings got easier for me to cope with.

I made some coconut flour cookies… mmm I miss them so much!
    It was coconut flour, coconut oil, egg, cinnamon, and xylitol, it was so delicious, but it gave me flare ups, but it might work for you..

fiae
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 23

Hi Milly,

I have had good luck with baking some coconut-flour, cinnamon cookies. Pretty much exactly the same as what PeteSake just posted above. I think they are my life-saver.

I have not noticed any adverse effects from this (except for a little bit of die-off the first couple of times… I think it was the Xylitol) and I just let myself eat about 6 of those cookies after dinner and I am good 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cravings’ is closed to new replies.