Craving Food….

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Craving Food….

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Downtown 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Ok it has been 2 months and I have not missed food at all. But today and yesterday…I’m craving sweets like mad. I drank coconut milk yesterday with no sugar…wondering what is different. I’m looking at all my food wanting to eat just something…I’m scared it is coming back…that is how I used to eat…everything in sight…always craving more. That ugly side has been dormant for all this time. I don’t like this one bit.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Do you just want to eat, or are you feeling more hungry?

I can’t remember if it was you that posted your regular meals for the day, but it wasn’t much.

I snack ALL the time. I don’t crave the foods that I used to but I do really want the foods that I can have. I suppose I crave foods that are crunchy still…but it’s not as bad as it used to be.

Try snacking more on foods that you can have. And maybe wait a couple more days before you try the coconut milk again.

Ugh, I really feel for you. I wouldn’t want to have to deal with those cravings again! 🙁

Kirsty

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Thanks Kristy I’m eating 2 fried eggs now. It has been a day like no other. My son is the same and he’s NOT on the diet. He keeps snacking and wanting something yummy to eat. I just directed him to gingerbread cookies I made…but what for me…two eggs. I don’t know what is up. But, I can’t wait to get back to work and NOT be around all this food. I think it is mental. I think the color of the white milk just made me want normal food again. All I drink is warm water and lemon water and ice water…and kefir…but I don’t enjoy that flavor so when I drank my coconut milk I put it in a wine glass…which may have triggered all kinds of stuff who knows. I can’t wait to get to bed and put this all behind me. Thanks for your support.

As far as eating goes I got up and had buckwheat with blueberries and warm water. For lunch I had omlet with peppers,onions, garlic. Snacked on cauliflower, brocoli,celery…was full but still wanted to eat and eat and eat….

now eggs…I need to flip the switch and get to bed. Just want something sweet. Don’t know why but this is the first time since November 15th and I’m going crazy!!!!!

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I completely agree that it is a mental thing. I’ve noticed that on Friday/Saturday nights (the nights that I was more likely to go out and eat/drink with family and friends) I want to eat a TON after 6 or 7 PM or so. The first couple weeks were pretty rough for me. My husband would go do something social while I made myself stay home because I didn’t want to put myself into a situation where I would eat something I shouldn’t.

The good thing about this diet is if you get those cravings and want to eat more…it’s not going to hurt you any! For example, one of my favorite snacky food for in the evening is the kale “potato chips”. Sometimes I’ll make a large plate PILED high. It’s probably less than 100 calories. 🙂 And so yummy!

I hope tomorrow goes better for you! If not, we’re here for you! 🙂

Downtown
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 39

Jackie2,

This may sound really cheesy, but when i really get a craving for sweets ( which is often) or dont want to workout, I go to youtube and watch inspirational/motivation videos. I always try and think if someone else can do it then so can I. There are some really good videos on there. I watch a lot of the bodybuilding videos as well ( alot of them are very motivational), but thats probably not your thing. Haha. This weekend was very hard not for me to crater so i know how you feel. I used to make a protein shake with cocoa, avocado, peanut butter, coconut milk, whole grain oats, and a banana for supper about 4 times a week. It was so good. I used it as a meal replacement but it was also just sweet enough to fill any craving for dessert. Thats probably the thing i miss most. Best of luck.

Dt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Craving Food….’ is closed to new replies.