Could do with some advice to say the least

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Could do with some advice to say the least

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jimmytee91
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi all,

I’ve been taking antifungals and probiotics for around 2-3 weeks now and following a strict sugar free diet (i only discovered the ‘candida diet’ today). I’m not really seeing any improvements and if anything a feel worse. Having read a bit of the book I guess I’ve probably done it all a little to fast and am suffering from die off symptoms. My main issue, that I’m trying to rid myself of is brain fog, for me its crippling and I’ve had it for over 2 years now, it makes everything an effort. I want to start the diet from the beginning and do it properly but the problem is I’m going to a 7 day long festival mid august, which with all the alcohol, will undoubtedly set me back. i guess my question is, should i carry on with the diet until i go away, or should i wait until i get back? also, how much does drinking set you back? if i were to stick to a spirit and a sugar free mixer?.. i cant go to a festival and not drink I’m only human! any advice would be great.

P.S if anyone has any methods of reliving brain fog that would be awesome

Thanks in advance

Jim

FunnyBeans
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Im new to the diet also. I would guess that any alcohol will be a set back. I would avoid beer for sure. I also am joining the summer festivities and realize I will have to recover back any progress Ive made. I wonder if your fog is also related to blood sugar drops or increases.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Brain for will be one of the most annoying and also most lasting symptoms. Not much to do about it other than be hard and follow the protocol. From my personal experience, most brain fog should be gone after 2-3 months. It is recommended to take enough rest/sleep.

jimmytee91;58708 wrote: I’m going to a 7 day long festival mid august, which with all the alcohol, will undoubtedly set me back. i guess my question is, should i carry on with the diet until i go away, or should i wait until i get back? also, how much does drinking set you back? if i were to stick to a spirit and a sugar free mixer?.. i cant go to a festival and not drink I’m only human! any advice would be great.

I’m going to festivals without drinking anything. I guess you’ll have to change your attitude. You should support and cure your body, not destroy it. Look for psychedelics as an alternative.
    But if you’re going to do it anyway, avoid all beers. A lot of drinks also contain a lot of sugar.

MarshallSt
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 7

Try to include molybdenum to your daily intake for it will help alleviate any worst feelings that you are describing and further your goal of getting rid of brain fog while sticking on to the strict diet.

As for alcohol and my experience, I stay away from it completely. And for every social gathering I attended, I did all types of drugs except alcohol for I thought it wasnt worth it since I was in a position of working so hard to destroy the little bastards that it would be ashamed to watch that not happen. (Do include milk thistle in to your intake if you plan to have fun with drugs imho)

nicole13
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 18

When I did this diet / program the first time it was very successful and stopped my hair loss and chronic fatigue..I’m about to start again after taking a hiatus. I would say to stick with it as hard as it is. Look at every single thing that you are putting In your body. No soda no tea.. Only water.. From my experience if your food comes in a package or can don’t buy it. Buy fresh veggies.. And prepare all meals yourself.. If you are sticking to the diet and nit consuming any sugar alcohol or carbs you will get better. I actually followed a strict diet of raw salad with olive oil and lemon juice and then steamed green veggie with avocado and organic eggs a few times a week. I ate a ton of organic coconut oil and starting roasting some Brussels sports and broccoli to spice up my snacks.. It was sooo hard and stressful but I stuck that that very regimen with antifyngals and after doing that for 3-4 weeks I started taking a very high quality and noticed that overnight my hair stopped falling out.. I finally about two months later felt well again and started introducing fruits and other things. One piece of advise to speed up detox.. But an enema kit and give yourself Atleast a few a week. Should make a big difference. Hope this helps

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The last thing you’ll want to do if you have brain fog is to drink alcohol…this will make your brain fog worse. However it should not set you back more than 2-14 days on the diet and mostly only negatively affects your brain and liver health.

For brain fog, I would focus on detoxing (properly) and supplementing with fatty acids such as flax oil, SF722, PS-100, coconut oil, etc. Your brain is largely composed of fat and fatty acids help heal your brain.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Could do with some advice to say the least’ is closed to new replies.