Cooking with Coconut Fibre

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Cooking with Coconut Fibre

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  NowOrNever 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

NowOrNever
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 14

So I got all excited and bought 3 pounds of cocnonut fibre thinking I would have a nice alternative to break.cake etc,

Ive tried baking the cocnnut bread from the website twice and both times it has been extremely dry during the mixing stage, so much so that i had to add an extra egg etc just to get it to mix properly.

Then, after i bake it, it takes forever to cook through, and even after extended baking the middle is still “raw”.

After 2-3 days, in particular the lesser cooked bits, taste very very bitter and it becomes unedible.

Can anyone provide links or any other tips on what is causing this and how i can best avoid it? I used the recioe on this site, and the above was the result 🙁

Do I just need to use more stevia???

Also, the consustentcy of it is far more like cake (ie dense) than bread (fluffy) – does this mean i am not using enough baking powder? (Red’s)

pictureperfect
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 4

the recipes are for coconut flour, not coconut fibre.

NowOrNever
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 14

apologies, i meant coconut flour. (i thought the terms were interchangeable).

I am using coconut flour.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cooking with Coconut Fibre’ is closed to new replies.