Constant daily "tension" headaches

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Constant daily "tension" headaches

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Blakely 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

matt36
    Participant
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 8

Hi All,

I’ve been getting daily headaches that appear to be “tension headaches” for about 5 months now. Every single day without a break, sometimes I get some let up but generally its the same all the time.

The doctor has prescribed me an anti depressant called Mirtazapine, which after two weeks has had no effect whatsoever.

I’m following the “food to eat” section without fail and haven’t had anything or drank anything that that not on that list.

Does any one have any ideas about what i could take if this is related to candida to end these headaches?

To be honest I dont know if its the candida or the tension headaches is the result of being so stressed and unwell due to the food!

Anyway hopefully ill find a way through this

Thanks

Matt

Blakely
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 11

Hi Matt,
    This isn’t probably the response you were looking for but I am in the same predicament as you. I’ve had a “tension headache” (not sure what else to call it) for 5 months continuously just like you. I’ve also just started an anti depressant and just started the candida diet. If you want I’d love for us to message and share how were dealing with this?

If you’re like me, you have no clue what’s going on with your head and I know how much it can ruin your quality of life. Hoping candida is our answer!

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

Take anti-inflammatories such as cod liver oil, flax seed oil (very recommended), and eat foods such as broccoli and wild salmon. Turmeric and coconut oil help.

Avoid coconut milk/cream as well.

I used to get a lot of headaches after playing video games and having a poor posture. I also put it down as tension headaches. They got better as I developed neck muscles getting older, but came back afte I had to stop going to the gym after surgery, and took too many antibiotics.

What I realised is they aren’t entirely caused by tension, but inflammation due to toxins. Being on the diet and detoxing helps, so try that (sauna, hot + cold showrs, skin brushing, juices and teas like nettle leaf). Also try out yoga, or at least yoga to avoid tension headaches. It’ll strengthen the muscles in your neck. When you do get them, relax and destress. No sudden movements and reduce your heartrate. Relaxation is key, so is meditation. It can be as simple as lying on your bed and relaxing every muscle and clearing your mind. No hokey-BS.

Good luck.

caterina81
    Topics: 3

I used to get tension headache when I was generally stressed maybe made worse because of the candida. I did not want to take meds or anything to relieve the pain so did a bit of research. You can easily get rid of a tension headache with just your fingers and thumbs.. honestly it really works!! Like anything tense a good massage sorts it out.

Its probably best to google it as im not sure i can explain it perfectly. You basically use your index finger and where the top of your spine meets your skull to the sides of your spine it dips in, this is where your index fingers go (both sides). Your thumbs go behind your ear lobes where it again dips, push in both fingers and thumbs and pull together and hold for a few seconds and repeat. Also massage your temples and also between your eyebrows, pinch with your thumb and finger.

I couldn’t recommend this highly enough!

Cat

Blakely
    Participant

Hey, Matt, I don’t know how to send private messages on this website (I’m a newbie

matt36
    Participant

Hi Blakely,

No movement on the headaches just yet but I think i need to make two more changes to the diet.

What about you?

Thanks

Matt

Blakely
    Participant

Sorry to hear that you’re still suffering. I just re-started the diet a week ago and it’s hard to tell what to eat and what not to eat. Some people say eating certain types of meat are ok, and some people say to only eat meat once or twice a week. I don’t know who to listen to

matt36
    Participant

Blakely,

The information on here conflicts a huge amount with the main candida site and it becomes a bloody nightmare which way to go!

I think it just depends on each person as symptoms and solutions seem to vary. If I eat a food and I feel crap then I’ll leave it, no matter what list its on. I wanted a 100% full proof solution and it just isn’t out there.

I’m continuing with amitriptyline at a dose of 20mg per day. My headaches have started to ease slightly but they are not gone. This could be because of the medication or cutting out oats, yogurt and seeds. My back pain has eased as a result.

I’m going back to work on Jan 5th and I just hope that by then my headaches are a thing of the past!

Blakely
    Participant

I’m taking amitriptyline too! Did your doctor say how long it takes to work? I’ve been on it for 2 weeks and I feel slightly better but not totally. I saw somewhere that it takes 4 weeks for it to kick in though. And yeah I feel ya, I’m hoping mine are gone by January too cause I can not start school feeling like this!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Constant daily "tension" headaches’ is closed to new replies.