Confession

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Emsmith 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Cmcanepa
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 5

I fell off the wagon big time today. I went to a doctor for an unrelated issue and when he asked why I was taking the herbs and supplements I listed in the paperwork I told him about my candida and the diet. He made me feel stupid for going on a crazy diet for a fake problem. I know that a lot of doctors don’t believe that candida is the problem that we know it to be so I shouldn’t have been so effected by his opinion but when I got home I felt hopelessly lost and I ate EVERYTHING!! I’ve been super super strict and never cheated for more than three months and I really blew it today.
    I feel like an alcoholic at an AA meeting confessing to a binge. I’m back on the wagon again tomorrow though. I’m thankful for this forum.

Cmcanepa
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 5

Oh and by the way… Chocolate isn’t as good as I remember, ice cream either. I like the figs though:)

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Doctors don’t always understand much do they? I love it when a doctor tells me that it isn’t systemic candida but can’t tell me what is wrong. The best advice I ever got on the candida diet was from a dermatologist. She said, “I know virtually nothing about herbs or nutritional remedies, but if it is working, I say keep doing it.”

So if it seems to be working, then keep doing it and don’t listen to your doctor.

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

It happens to the best of us. Superbowl Sunday, after cheating with crappy pizza, I decided I wanted just one strawberry dipped in honey. I ended up puncturing my middle finger with the fork, literally had to pull a fork out of my hand. It’s almost healed but it’s reminding me of my bad decision and I’m thinking a small tattoo on the hand or bracelet would help remind me what I’m doing.

You know your body better than any doctor ever will. Taste buds definitely change, really ice cream is no good? Digiorno was not good either and only intensified my cravings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Confession’ is closed to new replies.