Colonics? Anyone

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Colonics? Anyone

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jereseib79 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Do you guys recommend colonics for bacteria an candida? Does it help with bloating? Thanksu

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

There is potential that they can get rid of good bacteria as well as bad, and are not “officially” endorsed by the forum.

I, however, have had a couple and thought they were amazing. I wouldn’t probably get more at this point, but they were beneficial, I think, during my initial detox. They didn’t really help with bloating (maybe some small relief that day, but it came back next time I ate), but I think they helped clear some toxins out.

moochpb

ok thanks. Think I might have to try it, I can pump myself full of the good stuff afterwords

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

moochpb;35923 wrote: ok thanks. Think I might have to try it, I can pump myself full of the good stuff afterwords

It seems as though doing an enema with filtered water at home would accomplish the same thing. Is this Colonic process different? I would imagine it would be expensive and insurance might not cover it. Maybe you could accomplish the same thing with an enema.

moochpb

thats my next question, what dr’s do these things anyway?

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

kodaz2005;35928 wrote:

ok thanks. Think I might have to try it, I can pump myself full of the good stuff afterwords

It seems as though doing an enema with filtered water at home would accomplish the same thing. Is this Colonic process different? I would imagine it would be expensive and insurance might not cover it. Maybe you could accomplish the same thing with an enema.

I just got back from having a colonic so its funny this topic comes up now. Doing an enema is not the same as having a colonic. An enema can only help clear out the lower portion of the colon while a colonic can wash out the entire colon. I would compare a colonic to the equivalent of doing 20 enemas.

I know alot of people on here are against them but I think they are great and are extremely beneficial for those with yeast problems. A few points:

-only have one every 4-6 weeks, while its true they will wash away everything in your colon including good bacteria this shouldnt be a problem if you dont do them very often. I think the benefits of removing toxic waste from your body far outweigh the possibility of losing good bacteria. Besides, you are removing candida also and that is the whole point of the program.

-Make sure you are taking plenty of proiotics to offset any amount lost

-Make sure you drink plenty of water as this can cause dehydration and loss of electrolytes

-Make sure they are a certified colon hyrotherapist, they will most likely be working through a chiropractors office or a spa. Medical doctors have probably never heard of such a thing and would probably tell you they are extremely dangerous and instead should take some drugs for your digestive problems.

I have been doing them every couple months and feel it helps speed up the recovery process. I just dont know of another way of removing all that yeast and waste from your colon so quickly. I always have alot more energy and feel lighter after doing them. Just dont overdo it and always take alot of probiotics and you should be fine.

One other thing, insurance wont cover this but I pay $60 per session.

moochpb

Ok cool. I might do one, I m assuming it will help with bacteria overgrowth also. I m gonna do some research who does them.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

it probably won’t help with sibo because it doesn’t go that far up, just gets the colon. but yeah, they’re pretty rad. at this point, i’m afraid of losing the good guys so i’m staying away for now…plus i can’t afford it.

look for a good hippie-seeming health spa, that will probably be your best bet for someone quality, i think. i live in hippieland, though, so i’m biased, haha

moochpb

damn, if it won’t help with sibo then I don’t even want one. I feel sibo is worse then my yeast at this point. My thrush on my tongue is pretty much gone. I just want the bloating gone

moochpb

Abdominal bloating and/or belching soon after eating
    Abdominal cramps, discomfort, and pain
    Bulky, floating, frothy, loose, smelly stools
    Loud rumbling noises in the belly soon after eating
    Nausea and vomiting, especially after meals
    Weight loss…Those are the symptoms for sibo, I only bloat after eating. I don’t get cramps. I don’t have loose stools, I have smelly gas but thats also a Candida and yeast issue. So Idk if its really both. I did the stool samples showing I do have bad bacteria but I do have yeast also. Maybe a mixture is making this miserable for me. Maybe I should do a breath test but my naturapath said whats the point if you know you have sibo already. Idk

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Colonics are very beneficial in removing mucus and waste from the colon. Something that enemas do not do. Colonics work for people that have severe constipation. There is some debate on whether colonics can flush out good bacteria. So for people that are not severely constipated its probably better to use other alternatives.

moochpb

I go once a twice a day. Bm. I used to have a good 3 BM a day until this overgrowth

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

This is the component of the treatment that I am the most undecided about right now.

When you hear about possible side effect like kidney failure, colon tearing, and more, it becomes quite scary, and from some of the literature I have read, these disasters might not be TOO uncommon.

Has anyone found and statistics on the side effects of colon hydrotherapy?

My doc wants me to consider 1 per week for 12 weeks. I was thinking about doing just a few (maybe 3 or 4 total spread over 12 weeks), but I just don’t know if it’s worth the risks.

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

Sonic Boom;36566 wrote: This is the component of the treatment that I am the most undecided about right now.

When you hear about possible side effect like kidney failure, colon tearing, and more, it becomes quite scary, and from some of the literature I have read, these disasters might not be TOO uncommon.

Has anyone found and statistics on the side effects of colon hydrotherapy?

My doc wants me to consider 1 per week for 12 weeks. I was thinking about doing just a few (maybe 3 or 4 total spread over 12 weeks), but I just don’t know if it’s worth the risks.

Once per week is a bit too much. You will probably start seeing a net loss on your probiotics if you do them this frequently. Also you have to be careful as they can dehydrate you and you can lose alot of electrolytes and minerals. I have one about every 6 weeks and dont have any problems. A couple years ago I was doing them once a week for awhile and thought it made my candida worse.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Colonics? Anyone’ is closed to new replies.