Cold hands and feet…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Cold hands and feet…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  maposch33 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

maposch33
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

I have a hard time tolerating the cold with cold hands and feet, especially if temp is below 50. Even in my house at night. I do have dry skin so I don’t know if lack of moisture creates the symptoms or maybe Candida related.

Can there be any connection with these symptoms?

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

Mild hypothyroidism can lead to coldness in the extremities. Have you had your thyroid tested? I’m not aware of it being a Candida symptom.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

I have this too and have noticed that organic bone broth seems to really help.

tude58
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 56

maposch33;50679 wrote: I have a hard time tolerating the cold with cold hands and feet, especially if temp is below 50. Even in my house at night. I do have dry skin so I don’t know if lack of moisture creates the symptoms or maybe Candida related.

Can there be any connection with these symptoms?

Hi! If you want to find out the easy way if it’s your thyroid: Get a glass thermometer (the old fashioned type) keep it by your bed along with a pen and paper.
    Upon waking: DO NOT sit up, place thermometer under your armpit for 4 minutes. Write down your temp for 10 days in a row and take it to a doctor if it’s below 98 many of the days.
    It took me 4 years to find a doc specialzing in thyroid/endocrine and he had me do this along with a TSH T4 T3, labs.

Mine ran and still does always 97.6 and under. I use Armor thyroid due to it being the only thyroid med that covers all the “Ts”

Just a hint: If you plan to make an appointment because it does sound like hypothyroid, call around to see what doctors prescribe and understand the armor. Most do not. You’ll save yourself alot of trial and error.

maposch33

ThomasJoel2,

Is organic bone broth something you can buy?

Or do you make it? Can I boil a whole organic chicken in water with meat and skin?

Or do you just use bones?

Thank you

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

maposch33;50690 wrote: ThomasJoel2,

Is organic bone broth something you can buy?

Or do you make it? Can I boil a whole organic chicken in water with meat and skin?

Or do you just use bones?

Thank you

I haven’t tried store-bought broth, but from everything I’ve read homemade broth is the way to go.

I haven’t tried the chicken boiling method either, but here’s an article on that if you want to go that route:
    http://wholenaturallife.com/2012/01/31/gaps-for-beginners-series-bone-broth/

Personally, I use organic beef bones that I get from the butcher at my local Whole Foods. Sometimes Whole Foods has them right with the frozen chicken and other meats, but usually not. I have an ongoing setup with the butcher where every couple of weeks I go and pick up 10-20 lbs of bones. You could also try looking around for an organic farmer and getting bones from them.

To actually make the broth, assuming you just want to do the bare minimum (what I do), you put your bones in a large pot, fill the pot with water, and then add a little vinegar to draw out minerals from the bones. I use Bragg’s unfiltered, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar (with the mother) for this. You let this sit for 20-30 minutes before bringing the broth to a boil. After reaching a boil you reduce the broth to a simmer and let sit for around 48 hours. After the 48 hours you’ll probably want to remove the fat off the top. The fat will harden on top when cooled so it’s pretty easy to remove.

Here’s a good article I found that you can refer to as well:
    http://wellnessmama.com/5888/how-to-make-bone-broth-tutorial/

Also, I will second what tude said regarding tracking body temperature to monitor your thyroid status. Dr. Rind believes that you can monitor both your adrenal/thyroid by tracking your daily temperature. Here’s his website which you may find useful:
    http://www.drrind.com/therapies/metabolic-temperature-graph

bouncygal
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 100

exersise, and ginger tea helps me with cold hands and feet, as i get this very often.

I had dry skin for a while, its back to super soft now after i increased my omega 3s.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Sound as signs of adrenal fatigue with the dry skin and cold feet/arms.
    very common with CRC.

Do you notice other symptoms along with this?

maposch33

Yes, I have very dry skin. My hands are very cold and feet also. My nose runs like a faucet at times. It seems like my body has a hard time regulating temperature. It seems to correlate with slow digestion as well. While Candida seems to explain some symptoms, it seems like there is something else. Slow metabolism. I am 5’10” and now about 169 lbs. on diet. I lost about 5 since on diet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cold hands and feet…’ is closed to new replies.