Coconut Oil – How much and How are you using it?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut Oil – How much and How are you using it?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  lmm 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

There’s a famous study on coconut oil from the 1940’s. Farmers tried to use it to fatten their cows and it had the opposite effect.

http://www.naturalhealthstrategies.com/coconut-oil-and-weight-loss-cows.html

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Wow! That is really interesting, hadn’t ever read about that…

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I drink about 10 capfuls a day, and cook with it. I like it. I don’t see a limit as what I know

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I have tried many coconut oils, there are some that are not so good. Sometimes grainy.

“Garden of life” seems to be the most tasty, consistent, and quality brand in my opinion. Trader Joes Coconut oil is good tasting but I’m not sure of the method they use to extract the oil (chemical, fermented, expeller pressed, etc.).

shayfo
    Replies: 668

I usually gain weight incredibly easily, and I haven’t gained weight, even eating coconut oil in the vast quantities I mentioned. This might also have a bit to do with how low-calorie pretty much everything else on the strict diet is.

shell1226
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 71

That could be, shayfo. Everything else is so low on the calorie scale.

Rachelle

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

Call me crazy, but the weight loss has been one thing I am happy about. Prior to figuring out I had overgrowth in January, I was going back and forth around 140-145 being very physically active and running (20-25 miles a week) but eating nothing like how I am eating now. I wanted to lose 10-15 pounds prior, and changing my diet due to candida has helped me accomplish that. I am now 130 lbs, but do much less in the gym due to not wanting to overwork my adrenals. I can’t stop all exercise, but it’s moderate 3-4 times a week and supplementing to make sure I get enough calories.

I certainly don’t want to put on weight, and wouldn’t be upset if I continued to lose 5 more pounds. That’s my slight concern with the excess coconut oil ingestion. However, killing the candida and becoming a healthy individual takes precedence so I will do what it takes.

shayfo
    Replies: 668

Serene, I’m fine with the weight loss, too, since I’m still overweight, but I’m not making it a priority these days. I think my metabolism will be more responsive once I’ve gotten the candida controlled and thyroid/adrenals healed, and it won’t be impossible to lose weight anymore.

shell1226
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 71

shayfo, that’s exactly where I am. I am not dieting to try to lose weight, but it is coming off naturally. I could lose about another 13 lbs. That would put me at 140 and probably a size 6. I’m a 5’5″ female.

Rachelle

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Kag;38324 wrote: Wow! That is really interesting, hadn’t ever read about that…

I have 16 tsps per day and I’ve stayed consistently underweight. It’s weight loss property (probably insofar as it is substituted for other oils) is well known. When I was running track, I looked into it as a food and weight loss source.

It’s all about the MCT’s …

http://m.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/jan/15/healthandwellbeing.foodanddrink

Len

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Coconut Oil – How much and How are you using it?’ is closed to new replies.