Coconut?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chengliu 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

CTMike
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Hello everyone,
    I have checked my three cookbooks, “The Candida Albicans Yeast Free Cookbook,” by Pat Connolly, “The Candida Control Cookbook,” by Gail Burton, and “Beat Candida Cookbook,” by Erica White. I have also looked at a number of websites. I can’t seem to find anything about fresh coconut. I bought one the other day. Hadn’t done that in years. It was great to put the fresh coconut milk on my oat bran cereal and chucks of coconut were a wonderful snack. I put the chunks in the freezer so they would stay fresh.
    Does anyone know if fresh coconut is allowed? I’ve seen coconut flour and oil in some recipes as well as something called dessicated coconut.
    Thanks so much,
    Mike

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

As far as I know you can CTMike… I’ve been including coconut milk and grated coconut in my yoghurt with a bit of stevia which makes a nice dessert type meal. I can’t see why chunks would be any different but then again I’m still learning new things every day about this diet!

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

Oh I also follow Erica White’s book in parts and I’m sure she has some coconut desserts in there… Dessicated coconut is apparently coconut flakes that have been thoroughly dried by the way. So now I’m wondering if grated fresh coconut is actually allowed. Would be interested to read more responses on this.

CTMike
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Hello Katy,
    Thanks for your reply. Coconut also has an anti fungal property so I hope that is another plus for being able to eat fresh coconut.
    With draining and opening the coconut, harvesting the meat and scraping the brown rind from it, preparing fresh coconut is a lot of work, but worth it.
    Best wishes,
    Mike

chengliu
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

I can’t see why chunks would be any different but then again I’m still learning new things every day about this diet!
    Tera Power Leveling
    Buy WOW Items
    Tera Items

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Coconut?’ is closed to new replies.