Cocnut meat

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Cocnut meat

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sonic Boom 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sbdavis1
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

I see coconut oil is good on the diet. How about the meat of the coconut?

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Coconut meat is excellent for nutrition. Probably much better than dessicated or dried flaked coconut. Bob’s red mill coconut flakes are the best I’ve found and I used to sell flaked coconut. I like using them in yogurt for added crunch…..

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Raw coconut meat is inflammatory and contains sugar:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3106/2

Raw coconut flakes used sparingly on food shouldn’t be too much of a problem. Keep in mind that dried coconut flakes are a dried food item and hence contain molds.

-raster

TheEggy
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 20

I’m still really confused about coconuts. I’m currently on my second week of the ‘phase 0’ detox. Last week I was eating a coconut a day including the water and meat. At first I felt fine but then noticed after eating 2 in a row that I got a sore throat, which for me is usually a bad reaction. I also noticed when eating dehydrated coconut I’d get a sore throat immediately. I didn’t realize there was so much sugar in coconuts and I’ve since stopped. I read that coconuts can be introduced during the 1st/2nd phase of the strict diet but now I’m not so sure. My question is did I just do too much to soon or are coconuts off the list in the first phases of the diet?

I’m sorry if this has already been answered else where. I just rather be safe than sorry.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello TheEggy,

I am unsure whether the coconut would be a major detriment or not to the cleanse, but I imagine it is still an improvement over what you ate pre-cleanse. I wouldn’t worry too much about it and learn from your experience and move on.

We have a strict forum food list if you are interested; me and able feel that you’ll progress a bit faster with this food list when compared to the websites or other websites food lists. Email able900 if you are interested in a link to the list.

I think you made a good decision to not continue with the coconut and you’ll probably feel better without it.

Later in the diet most foods will barely be a problem if not eaten too much. As time progresses you’ll be able to handle more and more good tasting stuff.

-raster

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

I am a bit confused now myself. Isn’t coconut (thus also all components of a coconut) a test food on the strict forum diet?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cocnut meat’ is closed to new replies.