Clarification about Vitamins

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Clarification about Vitamins

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #69933

    BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

    This post is about when to start vitamins and iron deficiency:

    Able900 wrote:
    From: Able and Raster

    Vitamins
    Between the second and third week we also recommend various vitamin supplements to be added one at a time if you’re not already taking them. These would be A & D (taken together), plus extra D3, vitamin E, vitamin C, calcium and magnesium (taken together). A mineral pill is also recommended. We do not advocate multiple vitamins at all for various reasons, all having to do with health issues and the Candida infestation.

    Able and Raster, do you not recommend using the vitamins during the cleanse portion? Is that because it could feed the candida?

    My personal concern is nutrients and iron deficiency. I have low iron (diagnosed), and from my own research on candida, “Ethanol also inhibits the absorption of iron. Because iron is one of the most important oxygen supports in the blood, ethanol in your body creates low oxygen levels. And do you know what happens when your body can’t oxygenate well? Deal with candida…”

    I found previous posts that said:

    Quote:
    raster wrote:
    Candida can cause iron problems such as anemia so it is a good concern. I think that taking vitamin C is a good idea (get one with bioflavanoids), but a little iron as a supplement would have no drawback. My girlfriend takes a good amount of it because of her anemia. -Raster

    Quote:
    Able900 wrote:
    Research concludes that there’s an abnormality in the immunity as well as in the ability to destroy several types of bacteria as well as fungi in iron- deficient patients. This lends credence to the assumption that an iron deficiency comes before the Candida infestation, and Candida does not cause an iron deficiency. If one contracts an iron deficiency during a Candida infestation, it has more to do with his diet than the Candida.

    Soldia, you may be deficient in iron, but I advise against using an iron supplement unless you know for a fact (have it checked) that you have a deficiency. Obtaining more iron than the body needs causes liver damage because the excess iron is stored in this organ rather than being put to use by the body.

    I believe that I had lower iron to begin with from my hypothyroid. Over the years, I noticed that I do not absorb iron as easily. Having the candida infestation has made the iron deficiency much worse.

    I guess my question is this, do I go back on my liquid iron (derived from organic plants) and Vitamin C right now or do I wait until the end of the cleanse? I read the post about the vitamin protocol and stopped taking it thinking that it would feed the candida. If it doesn’t and is beneficial, should I begin retaking it? I want to do what ever is going to kick this Candida’s butt…!

    Side note: the cleanse is going well. I’ve experienced a drop in symptoms (burning on scalp), but my weight loss has been significant. I am officially underweight as of today’s weighing. 🙁 I cannot wait until I can add the flours and coconut into my diet and put on some much needed weight.

    #69934

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    Hello, Blue.

    When you start the regular diet and an antifungal, you may want to make the coconut oil your first antifungal. This is one good way to obtain some extra calories during the treatment as just one tablespoon contains 120 calories. Of course, the coconut bread will help as well.

    The major reason that we do not recommend taking the vitamins during the detox period is more about the lack of solid food and the amounts than anything else. Most vitamins need food in order to break down and be absorbed into the body. Taking some vitamins without enough food can be a waste. But you can start the vitamin C anytime as it is completely water soluble.

    Since an overdose of iron is dangerous to the liver, I don’t like telling anyone to take a supplement since the dosage as well as whether or not it’s taken depends on the degree of deficiency, and as you know, I have no way of knowing for certain whether or not you’re deficient in iron. So this I will leave up to you.

    Able

    #69938

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    Hi Able and Blue skies,

    “Ethanol also inhibits the absorption of iron. Because iron is one of the most important oxygen supports in the blood, ethanol in your body creates low oxygen levels. And do you know what happens when your body can’t oxygenate well? Deal with candida…”

    does that mean that we all who suffer the candida infestation are low on iron?
    My wife was diagnosed with iron deficiency ones and I ask her which kind of symptoms she suffered. She said that one is very very tired. Well, that is what I am not. I am very very stressed in my nervous system but not tired at all.

    Can a iron deficiency tell us which kind of infestation we are suffering from?

    Thomas

    #69942

    Javizy
    Member
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

    Thomas, you really need to take stress as seriously as you do food in dealing with this problem. Getting stressed is as good for your candida as eating Nutella throughout the day. What’s going on in your digestive system can influence your brain chemistry, and may even be the root cause of your nervous tension, but it’s also possible to make a significant difference through a psychological approach. Failing to deal with the problem won’t just feed the candida, but will continue to destabilise your immune system, among countless other things. I hope you can find a way to destress.

    #69944

    BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

    Thomas;

    Good question. I’m not sure if all those who have a Candida overgrowth are low in iron. I know that I am. However, I have never, ever been told that I have low iron until the Candida overgrowth. Correlation? Maybe. I guess once I kick its butt I’ll have a clearer picture as I’ll continue to get my blood tested every three months.

    I’ve been told that iron should be at least 30 and mine was below that and got lower even after starting to take a liquid supplement. I was told to take the ferrous sulfate, but I balked at that as I didn’t want to take a manufactured compound. Plus, I knew that I would be starting the Candida Diet soon, so I thought that I’d stick with what I’ve been taking.

    I would get your iron tested and then re-tested every three months for a short amount of time (a year to get a good indicator perhaps). Like me, you have state health care in Sweden (correct?), so getting your iron checked should be no issue.

    #69945

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    Javizy wrote: Thomas, you really need to take stress as seriously as you do food in dealing with this problem. Getting stressed is as good for your candida as eating Nutella throughout the day. What’s going on in your digestive system can influence your brain chemistry, and may even be the root cause of your nervous tension, but it’s also possible to make a significant difference through a psychological approach. Failing to deal with the problem won’t just feed the candida, but will continue to destabilise your immune system, among countless other things. I hope you can find a way to destress.

    Hi Javizy,
    I hear you and you are right. The trouble with me is that I am not stressed in a way normal people are with jobs etc. I am not even stressed as a person. I am a quite calm guy and dont drink, smoke or take coffee. There is nothing which stresses me. But the die-off, and the state my body is in – with nightly tremors waking me up from deep sleep, heart palpations, insomnia got the best of me so much so that I suffered a panic attack and broke down like a little girl in hysterical crying. Very strange for me as I can count on two hands the times I cried in 49 years. That one last week was a total surrender. Good that the crying had a de-stressing effect at least. 🙂

    What I want to say is that you are right we have to learn to de-stress but sometimes it is very hard to do when your own body which should be your best friend looks like Satan himself.

    all the best – and have a speedy healing my friend
    yours
    Thomas

    #69946

    Thomas
    Member
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

    BlueSkies wrote: Thomas;

    Good question. I’m not sure if all those who have a Candida overgrowth are low in iron. I know that I am. However, I have never, ever been told that I have low iron until the Candida overgrowth. Correlation? Maybe. I guess once I kick its butt I’ll have a clearer picture as I’ll continue to get my blood tested every three months.

    I’ve been told that iron should be at least 30 and mine was below that and got lower even after starting to take a liquid supplement. I was told to take the ferrous sulfate, but I balked at that as I didn’t want to take a manufactured compound. Plus, I knew that I would be starting the Candida Diet soon, so I thought that I’d stick with what I’ve been taking.

    I would get your iron tested and then re-tested every three months for a short amount of time (a year to get a good indicator perhaps). Like me, you have state health care in Sweden (correct?), so getting your iron checked should be no issue.

    Hi Blueskies
    thank you mate for your post. Yes, we have and I will ask him. But this guy often says I dont see a need for such a test. I will see how he reacts. I would have to lie to him to get him do that. I guess he will ask me if I am tired and if I say no he will say, well than you dont have a deficiency. Sweden is not much suffering in the crisis. And our finance minster got a praise from the EU as being the best finance minsters in Europe. Guess why? Lets see how it goes.

    I wish you a speed return to full health my friend
    yours
    Thomas

    #70002

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    The only way to know for certain if you have an iron deficiency is to get tested for it. If you do have an iron deficiency, supplementing your diet with an iron vitamin can lead to benefit. I recommend contacting your doctor on whether this is a good idea or not and at what dose you take it.

    My girlfriend has it and has noticed a steady improvement in her energy over the last few months. She has been anemic for years.

    Cast iron skillets also can be a benefit to someone with iron deficiency because the iron is added to the foods you cook.

    -Raster

    #70032

    BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

    raster wrote:
    Cast iron skillets also can be a benefit to someone with iron deficiency because the iron is added to the foods you cook.

    -Raster

    Really??I never knew that. With the new C.Diet, I was shopping around for new pans today, and I was eye balling the cast iron because Teflon seems sketchy to me.

    I did a little reading and found this link for anyone who’s interested, and raster’s point was mentioned on several sites.

    http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA364217

    #70033

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    I personally have decided to avoid teflon at all costs because it has cancer causing agents.

    I just purchased some all-clad high quality frying pans and am very happy! They cooked my lamb sausage so well that I thought it was chicken sausage! Hhahahah…

    I can’t decide whether to keep the cast iron pans or not. I am unsure what it’d be better for when compared to other pans. Any thoughts?

    -Raster

    #70064

    Javizy
    Member
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

    I only found out the other day that my pancakes came out so crappy because of the trashy non-stick pans I have. Many of them contain aluminium too, which can be absorbed into the food. I’m gonna buy a decent frying pan and saucepan.

    #70071

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    Javizy wrote: I only found out the other day that my pancakes came out so crappy because of the trashy non-stick pans I have. Many of them contain aluminium too, which can be absorbed into the food. I’m gonna buy a decent frying pan and saucepan.

    Javizy, I would look for 304 surgical stainless steel products; this is the steel which medical facilities use because of the ease with which they prohibit bacteria growth which other metals cannot claim. This is because they are pore-free, plus there is no leaching of the metal in the 304 grade.

    Able

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Clarification about Vitamins’ is closed to new replies.