Cinnamon Doughnut muffins

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Cinnamon Doughnut muffins

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Geo 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

SaraMe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 3

Hi there!

If you’re ok with butter and xylitol, you’re in for a treat! I’ve just made these muffins for the first time and they are sumptuously warm, buttery and have a slight caramel taste from the almonds and xylitol.

The recipe is an adaptation of the one found in the link below. I substituted flour with almond meal, and cow’s milk with almond milk. Also, the 3/4 cup sugar was replaced by 1/2 cup xylitol. I didn’t bother “coating” the muffins at the end either; just let them cool for 20 minutes and ate them warm, with a cup of cold almond milk

http://www.mykitchenintherockies.com/2013/01/06/cinnamon-sugar-donut-muffins/

Enjoy!

Looking forwardto comments on ingredients and variations. The almond flour i used was not bob’s red mill; his is too coarse. I went for the ‘Lucky Nuts’ brand because it works really well.

Geo
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Thanks for sharing, these sound so yum! Does it have to be cows butter or could I use goats butter, or almond butter instead?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Cinnamon Doughnut muffins’ is closed to new replies.