Cimetidine (Tagamet) Restoring Cell-mediated immunity

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Cimetidine (Tagamet) Restoring Cell-mediated immunity

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Hi all,
    I mentioned Cimetidine in the thread about Sodium Bicarbonate as the only antiacid I may use temporary to fight an unresponsive fungal infection.

Nobody has been curious about it and the reasons why I could use it, so I am going to mention it here.

All who has or has had an chronic unresponsive fungal infection for a while has an acquired Cell-mediated immunity suppression. I say acquired because people who suffer CMC has an intrinsic immune defect that allows the fungus growth. Those people generally have severe fungal skin lesions that begin early in life. They need systemic antifungal for life and isn’t the case of CRC.

However, there is the case of most of us who have developed a fungal infection by different reasons such as antibiotic use, body toxicity, etc. In our case, the suppressed immunity is acquired and reversible.

The human body has two main defenses against fungal colonization, CMI and the antagonistic microflora. If for some reason those mechanisms get disturbed, candida has a chance to gain colonization and to become pathogenic.

The more aggressive causes of disturbing the defense mechanisms are antibiotics and heavy metal. In most of the cases, this is the root of the problem.

Mercury and candida, both, have a tremendous ability of polarizing the immune system in an stuck Th2 immune response leaving Th1 inactive. This explain why we don’t respond to a single Fluconazole tablet as most “normal” people do.

Anyway, the battle is to restore Cell-mediated immunity. It is clear that candida has to be driven out to recover Th1 as well as Mercury in the case it be an offender. Parallel to it, it can be done an effort to balance the antagonistic flora.

Cimetidine.

Science has found that Cimetidine has an strong effect boosting Cell-mediated immunity. It is probably the cheapest and more accessible supplement to do it. Bovine Transfer Factor is also used.

Since, Cell-mediated immunity is the most important immune response to eliminate a mucosal fungal infection, the use of Cimetidine may give the needed boost to accomplish it. One time candida be out of the intestines, a automatic immune balance will take place restoring Cell-mediated immunity. This is in the case that any other immune offender be present.

Cimetidine may have a tremendous value in a war against a persistent mucosal fungus.

Here is some literature:

http://www.infoisus.com/naturalhealtharchives/grouppekurosawa.typepad.com/grouppe_kurosawa_natural_/2006/07/the_common_anti.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6237557

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12749247

http://www.springerlink.com/content/n06232m382565261/

dvjorge
    Participant

More information about Cimetidine

A study from 2005 suggests cimetidine helps increase specific types of T-lymphocytes with protective attributes in the peripheral blood. Six healthy adults were given an 800-mg oral dose of cimetidine daily, and blood samples were collected at the study’s onset and one, three, five, and seven days later. Cimetidine treatment was associated with an increase in white blood cells, specifically neutrophils (cells that fight bacterial invaders) and T-lymphocytes (which are involved in cell-mediated immunity). These results further suggest that cimetidine modulates cellular immunity and may be useful as an activator of tumor-specific immune response.22

In sum, cimetidine appears to support cellular immunity via several mechanisms, including blocking the immunosuppressive effect of histamine, inhibiting suppressor T-cell activity, increasing the number of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes, and boosting the activity of peripheral blood lymphocytes.

dvjorge
    Participant

This has a tremendous value for chronic vaginitis, oral candidiasis, unresponsive skin lesions, and the intestines.

Cimetidine as an immunomodulator: chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis as a model.
    Jorizzo JL, Sams WM Jr, Jegasothy BV, Olansky AJ.
    Abstract
    Four adult patients with chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis were studied to establish a possible role for cimetidine as an immunomodulator. These patients had negative baseline in-vivo and in-vitro cell-mediated immune response to candida antigen as measured by intradermal skin tests, lymphocyte transformation, and leukocyte migration inhibitory factor production to cimetidine, 300 mg by mouth, four times daily. Subsequently four of four patients developed strong (greater than 15 mm) intradermal skin test reactions, and two of four patients produced leukocyte migration inhibitory factor to candida antigen. Skin tests and leukocyte migration inhibitory factor production reverted to baseline negative values when repeated 4 weeks after discontinuation of therapy. After 4 additional weeks on cimetidine, four of four patients showed strong positive skin tests and leukocyte migration inhibitory factor production to candida antigen. Lymphocyte transformation was not affected by therapy.
    PMID: 7352725 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
    Publication Types, MeSH Terms, Substances
    LinkOut – more resource

dvjorge
    Participant

I have seen lack of interest in this topic.
    Believe it or not, this may make the difference for a successful treatment.

People who have persistent Candida DON’T have an effective Cell-mediated immunity.

Cell-mediated immunity is necessary to overcome the infection. Without it, nothing work.

Wake up !!!!

Cimetidine as an immune response modifier.
    Hast R, Bernell P, Hansson M.
    Source
    Department of Medicine, Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden.
    Abstract
    Cimetidine, a selective histamine-2 receptor antagonist, has attracted interest because of its potential as an immune response-modifying drug. Most data suggest that cimetidine has a stimulatory action on the immune system, possibly by blocking of receptors on subsets of T-lymphocytes and inhibiting histamine-induced immune suppression. Several studies have shown that cimetidine can affect the relative number of CD8 + ve lymphocytes and increase the NK cell activity as well as the antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity. Cimetidine has also been used successfully to restore immune functions in patients with malignant disorders, hypogammaglobulinemia and AIDS-related complexes.
    PMID: 2657245 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
    Publication Types, MeSH Terms, Substances
    LinkOut – more resources

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

dvjorge wrote: I have seen lack of interest in this topic.
    Believe it or not, this may make the difference for a successful treatment.

Believe it or not, you might be surprised how just about everything you post is very visible. Personally, the learning curve of all the biology which you have command over is something which takes time to little by little grasp. Call me a simpleton, or laymen but, can only gear up so fast and I spend the bulk of my time trying…..

Didn’t know the acid reducers would have any histamine effect, let alone any immune boosting. From my understanding, it’s not uncommon with candida to have low stomach acids: thus HCL supplementation. Let’s say someone takes cimetidine or zantac, what have you and thus is required to use HCL for digestion? How could this effect things??

cimetidine PUB MED

Blessings

dvjorge
    Participant

“Suppressor T lymphocytes possess histamine2 (H2) receptors and contribute significantly to the function of the immune system. Cimetidine has been shown to enhance a variety of immunologic functions both in vivo and in vitro because of its inhibitory effects on suppressor-cell function. Successful tumor immunotherapy has been reported in experimental animals. Patients who received cimetidine were shown to exhibit enhanced cell-mediated immunity as evaluated by increased response to skin-test antigens, restoration of sensitivity following development of acquired tolerance, and increased responses of lymphocytes to mitogen stimulation. Patients also demonstrated that patients with herpes zoster and herpes simplex who were given cimetidine may have benefitted therapeutically from the drug.”

Jorge

dhallgar
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Just a note to share my appreciation to dvjorge for his most valuable post here on this forum.

My story, leukemia lead to a weak immune system, then systemic candida had it’s way with me.

Two blood serum tests returned negative results. yux

I knew different, so order a hundred and fifty two hundred mg diflucan pills and began taking them, one morning, one evening. There was an ebb and flow pattern over the next thirty days, as fairly severe die off occurred every few days.  According to the study listed below, I was to continue taking diflucan for two weeks after the last symptom of candida was noticed.  To aid my recovery, I began an attempt to alkaline my body with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, both had a noticeable good affect, but two teaspoons of baking soda daily was becoming more difficult to take.

Having used tagamet to eliminate skin cancer, I had used it previously, so put in tagamet, one two hundred mg pill twice a day, wahoo a great decision, die off again a problem, it was then that I discovered dvjorge posts on cimetidine.  I continue this protocol and see a bright light coming soon.  I have had a severe case of candida for about six years, with little or no help from my MD’s, thanks dvjorge for his work, in posting, david lubbock tx

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3009569/

1 user thanked author for this post.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I forgot about this post and am wondering if anyone has tried cimitidine?

-raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cimetidine (Tagamet) Restoring Cell-mediated immunity’ is closed to new replies.