Cilantro Lime Guacamole

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Cilantro Lime Guacamole

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Hope 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

2 whole avocados, sliced and mashed well
    freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 lime
    2 T. chopped fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
    1/4 – 1/2 tsp. garlic powder or 1 small clove fresh garlic, pressed
    1/8 – 1/4 tsp. onion powder or 1/2 – 1 T. minced fresh onion
    salt to taste
    chili powder to taste (optional)

Mix all ingredients well and season to taste. If you like your guacamole very smooth, give it a good, fast stir after adding the lime juice and before adding the other ingredients. Then stir again as you add ingredients. If using fresh garlic, let the guacamole sit for 20 minutes or so to let the garlic mellow out a bit. It can taste quite hot when raw (I personally use the powder for this recipe). The lime juice should keep the guac from browning for a while. Enjoy! 🙂

I made a lot of the ingredient amounts within a “range” because guacamole is easy to personalize to taste. These are just suggested measurements.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Just another quick note. Good guacamole really depends on perfectly ripe avocados. You’ll know an avocado is ready when it yields slightly to pressure applied to the outer skin before slicing. If it yields too much, your avocado is likely to be somewhat brown inside. Not the end of the world, you can still make good guac with it, but it’s not optimal. Optimal avocados are still green/yellow throughout but have a nice, soft texture. If your avocado is green/yellow throughout, but didn’t give much or at all when the peel was pressed, it’s too under ripe and will be more difficult to mash and not as creamy.

I could be picky, though 🙂 Avocados are one of my top 5 favorite foods, even before candida!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Cilantro Lime Guacamole’ is closed to new replies.