Chloroquine (the malaria drug) a cure??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Chloroquine (the malaria drug) a cure??

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lewis28 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ibiza-Rio
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 12

Can anyone with a medical background please translate this study:

http://m.jac.oxfordjournals.org/content/55/2/223.full

A few sentences have given me hope:

” It can be assumed that liposome-mediated delivery of chloroquine to macrophages results in an unfavourable (alkaline) environment for the growth of C. neoformans inside macrophages”

“Thus, the use of chloroquine for prevention and treatment of fungal infections could result in improved outcome by decreasing morbidity from both the fungal as well as HIV infection.”

“”Moreover, the antifungal activity of fluconazole increases when used in combination with liposomal chloroquine”

The study is aimed at the effect on C. neoformans and not Candida Albicans but a google Search reveals that they are both fungi so hopefully results are similar??

I have been fatigued and sleeping non stop for the last 4 days and thought it may have been a side effect of the malaria pills I was taking. However fatigue is not a common side effect, especially to the degree that I have been getting it, which lead me to think that maybe the chloroquine and candida may be contraindicated. Instead I stumbled upon this study which could in fact suggest the contrary! I am now crossing my fingers and toes that my fatigue is simply die off as the last of my candida is brutally slaughtered by the chloroquine!!!

Thoughts anyone?!?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Ibiza-Rio wrote: “Moreover, the antifungal activity of fluconazole increases when used in combination with liposomal chloroquine”

With this information, one would assume that if fluconazole is the antifungal being used against Candida albicans, and liposomal chloroquine is added which results in the increased potency of the fluconazole against C. albicans, then what you’re suggesting seems more than just plausible.

The study is aimed at the effect on C. neoformans and not Candida Albicans but a google Search reveals that they are both fungi so hopefully results are similar??

Since they’re both a fungi, it makes sense that it would work at least to some degree against C. albicans as well.

I have been fatigued and sleeping non stop for the last 4 days and thought it may have been a side effect of the malaria pills I was taking.

Sounds exactly like die-off. Without finding a study showing that liposomal chloroquine is also effective against the C. albicans fungi, one can only assume that it is from the apparent positive effects it presents (if one can call die-off symptoms positive).

Able

Ibiza-Rio

Just thought I should spread the word about chloroquine!! I am adamant that it cured me!

The last time I posted I believe I was in the midst of the last throes of candida die off. 

One week later and I was celebrating my 25th birthday in Rio De Janiero with copious amounts of sugar! Mixed with alcohol!! 

But a warning before anybody decides to pop a couple of chloroquine they have in the cupboard before consulting their doctor/ naturopath / employers and family.. This is one hardcore drug! 

The die off effects if you have not been doing the diet already will be pretty extreme. I personally slept almost non stop for about a week and had never looked so sick before in my life. And this is after I felt like I had made significant progress defeating the candida with the diet etc. 

So go easy!! 

I would love to hear how everybody else goes.. I suppose there is a chance that I could be wrong…? I highly doubt it, especially with a medical study that seems to correlate at least as far as chloroquine v’s another form of fungus (although still yet to have anyone with a medical background verify…!).. But the more anecdotal evidence the less crazy I will sound!!! (hallelujah I found the cure!!!!)

I hope I’m right!!!

sp1543
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 57

The translation you’re looking for is this:

The packaging of chloroquine in PS Liposomes allows it to be taken up by macrophages (think of these as the foot-soldiers of the immune system which go around engulfing pathogens).

Apparently, this causes the macrophages to increase in pH. This increase in pH aids destruction of the fungus in the study.

Take-away points:

– The pH is only affected within the macrophage, not within its surrounding environment.

– It’s not necessarily the chloroquine doing anything directly to the fungus. It’s just that it seems to for some reason increase pH in the macrophage which is unfavourable for the fungus.

Conclusion:
    If this were to work then it would most likely be because the phagocytosis of fungal cells was previously not working however now their macrophages are alkaline, they can destroy the fungus better.
    Kind of like giving the foot-soldier a weapon upgrade to suit a specific new enemy.
    What havoc this might wreak elsewhere may be of concern though…

Ibiza-Rio

“What havoc this might wreak elsewhere may be of concern though..”

It’s interesting that you say that Kyle. Since defeating the Candida a month or so ago I have been plagued with fatigue and low immunity. Within days of getting over the Candida I came down with the worst cold I can remember having. And since then it feels like just as I get over one cold I catch another.

At first I thought my body just needed rest after being sick for so long whilst working etc. But then I started to think that either a) my body is missing something in the form of a nutrient etc., or b) that the Chloroquine v’s Candida had some other consequence on the cellular level.

A few days ago I actually decided that I must be aneamic. In my case the candida made me intolerant to beef, so I went from eating red meat almost every day to never at all. And since doing the Candida diet I have stuck to a mostly vegetarian diet. However I am travelling so I no longer have the luxury of getting free blood tests every second week. So I can only rely on clinical tests like the colour (or lack thereof) of the lines on my palm and the insides of my eyelids. Both of which at the moment are quite white.

But I will let you know how I go with the iron supplementation. If that doesn’t work then it may another thing to be wary of when taking the Chloroquine..

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Those sicknesses you mentioned could be die-off (FYI) because die-off is very similar to flu like symptoms. Just wanted to mention it in case you haven’t thought about it.

I wish you luck with your recovery. I highly recommend adding additional flora to your gut through probiotics.

-raster

sp1543
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 57

Ibiza-Rio wrote: “What havoc this might wreak elsewhere may be of concern though..”

It’s interesting that you say that Kyle. Since defeating the Candida a month or so ago I have been plagued with fatigue and low immunity. Within days of getting over the Candida I came down with the worst cold I can remember having. And since then it feels like just as I get over one cold I catch another.

At first I thought my body just needed rest after being sick for so long whilst working etc. But then I started to think that either a) my body is missing something in the form of a nutrient etc., or b) that the Chloroquine v’s Candida had some other consequence on the cellular level.

A few days ago I actually decided that I must be aneamic. In my case the candida made me intolerant to beef, so I went from eating red meat almost every day to never at all. And since doing the Candida diet I have stuck to a mostly vegetarian diet. However I am travelling so I no longer have the luxury of getting free blood tests every second week. So I can only rely on clinical tests like the colour (or lack thereof) of the lines on my palm and the insides of my eyelids. Both of which at the moment are quite white.

But I will let you know how I go with the iron supplementation. If that doesn’t work then it may another thing to be wary of when taking the Chloroquine..

Well it could always just be coincidence but if you feel that your immune system seems to persist in being weak then you should first consider your diet.

I understand the moral standpoint for vegetarianism but our bodies have evolved to function from fat and meat also. You’ve heard of Essential Fatty Acids and Essential Amino Acids but there’s never any talk of essential carbohydrates lol.
    Now I know you can get protein and fat from non-animal sources but be careful with your diet and bear in mind it is not a natural diet, despite what the pro-vegetarians would like to say.

As stated above, it may be a Herxheimer reaction, but based on your description, my personal view is that it ain’t. I think die-off gets too much attention. People feel a bit down and they assume it’s die-off, or they try some new method of killing candida but they disregard it because they don’t feel a die-off. It’s a legit phenomenon but it’s acute not chronic.

Whatever it is I hope it resolves soon. Definitely consider a diet modification.

-Kyle

Lewis28
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

P. falciparum malaria is best treated with an oral drug such as Chloroquine, which helps prevent the development of all five malaria parasites found within the blood. It is a shield that helps your body be resistant where malaria might be active when you visit such destinations as the Caribbean and The Middle East.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chloroquine (the malaria drug) a cure??’ is closed to new replies.