Chicory root coffee?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Chicory root coffee?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SRQ 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Just noticed this is now on the strict diet list. Anyone been using this? Recommended brand? Ok to have it daily? Does it taste good? I ask because I sold my coffee grinder and maker, and I’ve been managing fine with just water. But I miss the ritual of brewing and the smell of fresh coffee.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

titan;30552 wrote: Just noticed this is now on the strict diet list. Anyone been using this? Recommended brand? Ok to have it daily? Does it taste good? I ask because I sold my coffee grinder and maker, and I’ve been managing fine with just water. But I miss the ritual of brewing and the smell of fresh coffee.

Hello, Titan.

Chicory root is a prebiotic and contains no caffeine, so yes, you can definitely have it every day.

I obtained mine from the Orleans Coffee Exchange and drank it for several months during the treatment. As far as the taste is concerned; it’s not your regular coffee for sure, and it takes a bit to get used to the very strong taste. I’m afraid I had to ‘doctor’ mine up with Stevia and coconut milk, but I’m not complaining, as I stated, I drank it every morning for many months.

Able

fscott
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 17

I enjoy it. Just make sure you get a product that only has chicory root, as a lot of products contain other ingredients like barley.

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

titan;30552 wrote: Recommended brand? Ok to have it daily? Does it taste good?

I tried it once several months ago. As Able noted, it’s a prebiotic…and unfortunately my delicate system couldn’t handle it at the time. I purchased mine from Nuts.com (terrific company). I would agree that it has a strong taste — not much like coffee. I’ve been planning on trying it again soon. Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Chicory root coffee?’ is closed to new replies.