Chicory coffee clarification needed plz.

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Chicory coffee clarification needed plz.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Marlau 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

JBR74
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 14

I’m ignorant on the difference between ‘coffee with chicory’ and ‘ground chicory root’ (which you perhaps brew like coffee?). I see it sold both ways. When they say we can have chicory coffee, to which is being referred? Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

You don’t want to purchase “coffee with chicory” because that contains regular coffee as well. What you want is 100% chicory coffee; or you can also purchase chicory root herbs which usually come in capsule form.

Able

Tres
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 19

Hi. Is the chickory root capsuls good for regulating blood sugars? Tres

Chiskinlady
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

I just made some awesome chicory root coffee!

I purchased ground chicory root from Whole Foods.

I put 1TBSP in my tea steeper & let it sit in about 2 cups of hot water for a few minutes.

When it was a light brown color I poured it into a cup & added a little homemade hemp milk… AWESOME!

I wouldn’t recommend having more than 2 cups per day though. Even though it’s really good for you, it’s pretty acidic & you want to keep your body more alkaline.

Able900
    Spectator

Chiskinlady wrote: I wouldn’t recommend having more than 2 cups per day though. Even though it’s really good for you, it’s pretty acidic & you want to keep your body more alkaline.

That’s a little misleading. You want your stomach and intestines to be more acidic if you’re going to cure the infestation.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm13083_A-Simple-Explanation-pH.aspx#post13083

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Tres wrote: Is the chickory root capsuls good for regulating blood sugars?

Roasted chicory root will decrease the internal absorption of glucose. So in this respect, the answer is yes.

Able

vem
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 15

Noticed you put hemp milk in it–is that something we can use as soon as we go on the strict diet (after the detox)? I still have to wait a long time before trying out coconut milk…

PhoebeB
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 7

What about dandelion root coffee? It wasn’t on the allowed foods list, but it’s easier to find in Europe. Can we consume it while being on the diet?

yeastygut
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 34

If the dandelion root coffee does not actually contain any coffee then it’s great for this diet! Dandelion does wonders.

PhoebeB
    Topics: 0

Thanks, yeastygut! Actually this is the one I got, and even though I haven’t tasted it yet, as far as I can tell there is no coffee in it. What do you think?

http://www.yourhealthfoodstore.co.uk/health-food/herbal-tea-and-coffee/cotswold-dandelion-coffee

SirFabsalot

hi all – just started having chicory “coffee” and its delicious (with a bit of stevia, it tastes like burnt caramel, yum!).

Anyhow, i believe it is caffeine free, so does anyone have any advice on how i can per drink per day? i know it also has inulin which is a good prebiotic to feed all the good probiotics im also taking 🙂

However, I also found this – any thoughts?

The bad properties of inulin:

Manufacturers claim that inulin/FOS specifically feeds only good bacteria. Unfortunately, this isn’t reality. A good example is Klebsiella. Recent studies have shown that inulin/FOS encourages the growth of Klebsiella, a bacteria implicated in Ankylosing Spondylitis and in increased intestinal permeability (leaky gut). Although present in the colon of most people, it is held in check by beneficial bacteria and is harmless WITHIN the colon. Once it gets to other areas of the body, Klebsiella becomes a major cause of infection (and sometimes death), causing serious infections in the urinary tract, pneumonia and in wounds. Inulin/FOS may indeed promote the growth of lactobacillus bacteria, but what other potentially harmful bacteria are being fed at the same time? Furthermore, many different species of yeast are able to utilize inulin/FOS for energy including Candida Albicans.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/022356_inulin_food_ingredients.html#ixzz2Ii7NxntT

SirFabsalot

And from the same page…

Undoubtedly, inulin and FOS have many beneficial actions. The disadvantage seems to be in taking inulin/FOS when the colon is filled with “bad” bacteria and yeast (dysbiosis) because then it may cause major problems. This may be helped by taking a probiotic along with inulin/FOS.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/022356_inulin_food_ingredients.html#ixzz2Ii84pWUd

SirFabsalot

SirFabsalot;33554 wrote:

The bad properties of inulin:

Manufacturers claim that inulin/FOS specifically feeds only good bacteria. Unfortunately, this isn’t reality. A good example is Klebsiella. Recent studies have shown that inulin/FOS encourages the growth of Klebsiella, a bacteria implicated in Ankylosing Spondylitis and in increased intestinal permeability (leaky gut). Although present in the colon of most people, it is held in check by beneficial bacteria and is harmless WITHIN the colon. Once it gets to other areas of the body, Klebsiella becomes a major cause of infection (and sometimes death), causing serious infections in the urinary tract, pneumonia and in wounds. Inulin/FOS may indeed promote the growth of lactobacillus bacteria, but what other potentially harmful bacteria are being fed at the same time? Furthermore, many different species of yeast are able to utilize inulin/FOS for energy including Candida Albicans.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/022356_inulin_food_ingredients.html#ixzz2Ii7NxntT

Does anyone have a comment on my post above? Is it ok to be drinking chicory when its likely there is still (some) candida in the bowel? I dont want to be feeding the bastard, just starving him!

Miriam
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 61

Hi,
    I drink chickory and dandiolion tea.
    I have found that they tast great and are very beneficial. I pruchase mine fron Vitacost.com. I paid aprox $10.00 for 1 lb. of the chickory root and got 2 boxes of the dandiolion tea for about $9.00. This beats most places for pricing. Chickory root can be hard to find locally- Whole foods doesn’t carry it. Get on line and contact Vitacost. You be happy with the product and the prices. Have a great day!!
    Miriam

Marlau
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 14

I found organic chicory on amazon.com

I would like to try hemp milk in it as well. How do you make this? Is it safer than almond milk for the diet?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Chicory coffee clarification needed plz.’ is closed to new replies.