Chickpea Flour? ?

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Chickpea Flour? ?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  princeofsin 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

I was wondering if anyone knows if we can have chickpea flour? I found a recipe and wanted to try it. If we cant have it is there a good replacement?

Garlic and caramelized onion bhaji s
    2 table spoons olive oil
    1 onion, sliced
    2 garlic cloves, sliced
    1 teaspoon cumin seeds
    2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
    1 1/4 cups of chickpeas flour
    1 teaspoon of baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    1 cup of water

Heat half oil in a nonstick skillet, add onions, garlic, and cumin and fry for 5-6 min. Stir in cilantro.

Meanwhile mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and water. Set aside for 10 min, then stir in the onion mixture.

Heat a little of the remaining oil in the skillet, add spoonfuls of the onion mixture, fry for 2-3 min, flip halfway through cooking.

Lauren

Would not use it USDA site says that one cup of chickpea flour has 53.19 carbs. Way to much. Sorry for posting it 🙂

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Oooooh Lauren you’re such a tease haha!! It sounds delicious… I wonder if any of the other flours we have on the list can be substituted in? Maybe the Teff, which I haven’t managed to find yet? Have you got some?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Chickpeas are also known as garbanzo beans and are a phase 2 item if I’m not mistaken. It might be an OK thing to eat later in your recovery…

Here is a link to some online places to buy teff flour:

https://www.google.com/search?q=teff+flour&tbm=shop&hl=en&aq=f

Lauren

Lucylu wrote: Oooooh Lauren you’re such a tease haha!! It sounds delicious… I wonder if any of the other flours we have on the list can be substituted in? Maybe the Teff, which I haven’t managed to find yet? Have you got some?

Sorry Lucylu :D! Just trying to be creative as possible. Teff that interesting. 😀

Lauren

Thanks Raster

evcon
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 5

Millet flour would work it has a thicker consistency. Soghurum Flour is a little finer so it would produce a finer/ lighter product. I think both are on the stage 2 list. Although Chickpea flour is thick so maybe millet would be a better bet.

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

Dont use it also chick peas are known for promoting estrogen. Try to find a alternative flour.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chickpea Flour? ?’ is closed to new replies.