Chicken curry

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Katy Gillett 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

I missed curry so I came up with one that is ACD-friendly :). Here’s what I did:

Sauteed 2 medium red onions in ghee. After they’ve started browning I added mustard seeds, chicken masala (big combo of spices), madras curry powder, turmeric, garlic salt, sea salt and pepper.

Then I added 4 chopped garlic cloves and stirred.

To this I added a bit of water and stirred for a while, allowing the spices to mix and release flavour (smells great!).

Then I put in around 3/4 can of coconut milk and again stirred.

I added chunks of chicken to this and allowed to simmer on a medium heat for a while. Then added some small pieces of chopped brocolli and courgettes.

This can get a bit watery so while its all boiling I recommend you add some arrowroot powder (I put in 1 teaspoon but it could have done with a bit more).

Make some brown rice to accompany it and to offset the chilly with some probiotics dice some cucumbers and add to organic greek yoghurt.

Eat it all together and it is truly delicious!!!

Let me know if anyone makes it 🙂

Diane
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 73

Hey

Scrumptious, simply delicious,didnt have any broccoli, used egg plant instead. Its wonderful

THanks Katy

Diane

Katy Gillett

Thanks Diane! I’m so glad you enjoyed it :). You can actually make a delicious version of this without the coconut milk too (I’ve had to do it on occasion because I can’t find a pure form)…

Steadam2011
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 13

Lemongrass – yes, should be. we have it here in Buffalo. Near the ginger. Know what it looks like.

Shrimp paste – maybe. Look in the Asian foods section (duck sauce, soy sauce, etc). You could prob skip it or use a bit of fish sauce in a bottle (same place).

Coconut milk vs cream – See if you need unsweetened or sweetened and read the can. Cream will just be thicker and heavier in fat, thats all. You could thin it out with milk.

My other suggestion is to just get a good curry seasoning mix, instead of all the different spices they require.

Bryan4horne
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hey katy..
    Just reading your recipe was mouth watering for me. I tried it, instead of broccoli i used some capsicum that gives a great flavor. And i used garlic paste as i wanted the garlic to be completely melted and that improves the smell and taste.

Thanks for the recipe.

Katy Gillett

Thanks for the tips Bryan! I must try your way too.

By the way I make a turkey version tonight. I used turkey mince, brocolli pieces and wilted some spinach at the end. I used all the same spices and coconut milk though. Was great!

You could also try this with brown lentils which is something else I’ve done a few times and that’s yummy too. That version is good with some okra.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Chicken curry’ is closed to new replies.