Chia seed 'cheesecake'

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Chia seed 'cheesecake'

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AngelaL 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

angelina_r_s
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 2

I have a sweet tooth and it has been a challenge to find something but I have been enjoying probiotic yoghurt (the only dairy allowed on this diet). Below are a couple of ways I like to enjoy it.

1) On a salad with some flaxseeds, apple cider vinegar (the only vinegar allowed on this diet) and olive oil

2) Diluted with some water and salt for a kefir yoghurt drink

3) Mixed with some diced cucumber, salt, olive oil and lemon as a tzatziki dip.

4) Chia seed cheesecake

For my chia seed cheesecake recipe, check out my blog
    http://quixotic-food-and-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

angelina_r_s;56347 wrote: I have a sweet tooth and it has been a challenge to find something but I have been enjoying probiotic yoghurt (the only dairy allowed on this diet). Below are a couple of ways I like to enjoy it.

1) On a salad with some flaxseeds, apple cider vinegar (the only vinegar allowed on this diet) and olive oil

2) Diluted with some water and salt for a kefir yoghurt drink

3) Mixed with some diced cucumber, salt, olive oil and lemon as a tzatziki dip.

4) Chia seed cheesecake

For my chia seed cheesecake recipe, check out my blog
    http://quixotic-food-and-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/

The chia seed cheesecake looks interesting. When you say coconut cream do you mean the stuff that comes in solid blocks? Also do you normally soak the chia seeds before using them?

thanks!

angelina_r_s
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 2

Sorry for taking so long to reply to your question.

You can either use creamed coconut from a can or the hard block. I used the hard block and the weather was colder (it melts in the summer) so I chopped it and melted it in the microwave for 30 seconds or so. After I mixed it with the coconut oil (this also goes hard in the colder seasons so you need to melt it too), I waited until it was cool and then I added the chia seeds and yoghurt. When I put the mixture in the jar on top of the base, I then put it in the fridge for an hour or so and in that time, the chia seeds expanded.

I hope this helps. Enjoy.

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

Hi Angelina

Thought it should come back to say that I’ve now made this dessert and it turned out pretty well. The chia seeds work well with other ingredients and I liked the idea of using coconut oil to set it more firmly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Chia seed 'cheesecake'’ is closed to new replies.