Check your Salt & Toothpaste

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Check your Salt & Toothpaste

This topic contains 25 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  rick49er 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Check your toothpaste for added chemicals and sugar alcohols which can feed Candida just the same as regular sugar can. Examples of sugar alcohols are sorbitol, xylitol, mannitol, and maltitol. NOTE: Xylitol contains some wood alcohol. In addition, xylitol is not a USA recognized G.R.A.S product (Generally Recognized As Safe for consumption), but Stevia has been a G.R.A.S. product since 2008.

The ingredients in Desert Essence Natural Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste should be suitable for Candida sufferers. Amazon as well as some health food stores carries this brand.

The best and safest toothpaste is actually just a bit of baking soda on the brush with water sprinkled on it.

Regular Table Salt
    Check your salt as well, most table salts contain Dextrose which is glucose, a form of sugar capable of feeding the Candida. Himalayan sea salt which is the purest form of salt with many life-sustaining minerals still intact, does not contain added ingredients or Dextrose.

Able

Catalina
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 14

Hi Able,

Is the Desert Essence Natural Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste with Essential Oil of Mint suitable? They didn’t seem to have a plain version at the store. Thanks. =)

Able900
    Spectator

Catalina wrote: Hi Able,
    Is the Desert Essence Natural Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste with Essential Oil of Mint suitable? They didn’t seem to have a plain version at the store. Thanks. =)

Yes that one is fine.

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

Able900 wrote: Check your toothpaste for added chemicals and sugar alcohols which can feed Candida just the same as regular sugar can. Examples of sugar alcohols are sorbitol, xylitol, mannitol, and maltitol.

Able

Able I was under the impression that xylitol was an acceptable sweetener. does this post only relate to xylitol ian an alcahol form?

Able900
    Spectator

jamesb wrote: Able I was under the impression that xylitol was an acceptable sweetener. does this post only relate to xylitol ian an alcahol form?

Xylitol is a wood alcohol which normally has the same effect as regular alcohol. In addition, xylitol is not recognized as a G.R.A.S product by the United States (Generally Recognized As Safe for consumption) whereas Stevia has been a G.R.A.S. product since 2008.
    Some Candida sufferers receive a Candida reaction from xylitol, which is no doubt a reaction to the alcohol, plus it can cause severe diarrhea in some.

The best and safest toothpaste is actually just a bit of baking soda on the brush with water sprinkled on it.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Bumping post!

mstewart
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 47

Thanks for the information, I guess I will be reading the ingredients list for everything that I put on or in my body.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

I had a discussion with Jorge the other day about alcohol and sugar alcohols. He says that they dont feed candida. Who is right here?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Chris24 wrote: I had a discussion with Jorge the other day about alcohol and sugar alcohols. He says that they dont feed candida. Who is right here?

Chris,
    Yeast don’t growth in ethanol. According to what I have read, some very few rare species can metabolize ethanol. Dr. Crandall who is a recognized microbiologist that has studied fungus for more than 30 years talks about the web myth about yeast feeding on alcohol in her book about this syndrome. There are other web articles talking about it. I told you why you shouldn’t drink alcohol. By the way, it is pure alcohol which don’t feed the fungus but no alcoholic beverages with more ingredients.

Another thing, alcohol and sugar alcohol are rapidly absorbed by the intestinal lining in the upper intestinal tract going to the blood. Alcohol doesn’t have any chance to go down to the lower small bowel and the colon where fungal colonies usually growth. The upper intestinal tract is a very hostile environment for bacteria and yeast. It is kept partially sterile by the HCL, bile, pancreatic enzymes and sodium bicarbonate released by the pancreas. Alcohol in the blood, even if it could feed candida, has poor or no incidence in an internal intestinal overgrowth. It isn’t the sugar in the blood what is feeding your intestinal overgrowth but the food you eat. You must always have your blood sugar in range.Some times, we become paranoiac about anything.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/p041j78445234111/
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9145526
    Jorge.

sby
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 27

Just discovered that Tom’s brand toothpaste contains xylitol…shucks, will need to try the Desert Essence. I just checked my toothpaste. Glad I found this topic.
    Thanks.

sby

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Thats really helpful Jorge. Thank you. I am glad you are on this forum, keep it up!

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

Should I use Only Himalayan Sea Salt
    or will any Other Sea Salt works?

nikki

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Other sea salts work fine as well. I use one called “earl grey sea salt” for baking and himalayan pink sea salt as a topping.

-raster

nikki

OK, Thank You.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Check your Salt & Toothpaste’ is closed to new replies.